“Unimpressed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquitaine Dedham

Aquitaine Dedham
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine Dedham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Thank you for choosing Aquitaine as your dining destination, we look forward to your visit. Remember us when planning your holiday and end of year events. Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people.
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Unimpressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very busy and loud restaurant. We were sat at a table that was in the middle of a traffic area. The food was so so. We ordered an app that was way over priced. I guess it was our responsability to ask for pricing. The service was fair. The waitress was too busy and our drink and water glasses were empty for a long period of time. When we got the bill we all agreed that the expericence was not worth the price.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
“Un Restaurant So So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Big, bustling brasserie, a la Balthazar in NYC. Very noisy, with unnecessary beat music in the background. The reception is rather cool, as they seem overwhelmed by the hoards. The food is classic brasserie, with shelfish platters, a variety of decent salads, a token fish, and about a dozen steak preparations. The food was fine, though not memorable; mare fill the belly than please the senses. They do have a rather nice wine list, with a few adventurous wines from the more serious producers. Not bad, not great.

• Visited January 2013
Sudbury, MA
“Pleasant Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stopped in Aquitaine on the spur of the moment after shopping at the mall of a Friday evening. First time there and a place to which I would return. We were quickly seated at a booth and ordered cocktails and bread. Both arrived quickly and the bread was HOT and very good. We shared the mesculine salad and my companion had shortribs with noodles and I had the lobster with noodles. Both were very tasty but on the smaller side, which is fine. A chocolate desert was shared and with coffees the bill was around $80. Nice spot with a very attentive waitstaff.

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I reserved a table prior to going into Boston for the symphony. It was convenient to reserve the table via the Open Table IPhone App. The restaurant experience was pleasant, however pleasant tends to be synonymous to something with average. If that is the definition, this restaurant was pleasant. The service was attentive from the hostess to the waitress, and the food was for the most part pleasant (there is that word again).There was nothing bad, but equally so, there was nothing spectacular. I was not disappointed, but neither am I compelled to return. The one disadvantage is in regards to the proximity of parking. Although immediately in front of the restaurant is a large parking lot ( the restaurant is in a large marketplace shopping area), since this is a busy location, I needed to park in the multi-story parking lot - quite some distance from the actual restaurant. Again, not a major drawback, just another thing that added to the overall mediocre experience.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Le Cheesecake Facotrie”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

When you first walk in the restaurant you are transported to a French bistro from the belle époque not unlike any number you may find in boulevard Montparnasse. You are greeted by your host and directed to your table. Shortly thereafter a waitress greets you and grabs a Pellegrino bottle sitting in the center of the table and asks if you want some water. Tap is fine I say, and she takes the bottle away. The waitress comes back andnwe order a merlot and Grey Goose martini. She comes back with a white elongated paper bag like what you would get in a boulangerie. inside the bag awaits a warm demi baguette, she places a small butter plate with a round portion of creamy first rate butter, the night seems promising. We get our drinks, My expectations of a large Bordeaux glass with my Sonoma valley merlot are vanquished as i get instead instead a smaller glass for white wine, not a problem, the bread and butter are delicious. She returns to take our orders, a beet salad for my companion a steak and frites pour moi s'il vous plaît! She points at the Aquitaine Steak and frites in the menu, which happens also to be the most expensive of the three choices of steak and frites, non merci, I will have the one with béarnaise sauce. Within 10 minutes we get our plates. Instead of béarnaise sauce I get some other brown sauce on the side. I ask the server to get me the béarnaise sauce, its the yellow sauce, I say. The meat is medium as I ordered and the sauce is indeed yellow, but something was lacking. The meat was not juicy or flavorful, the sauce tasted more like Helman's mayo. It was then that I realized I was eating at a French version of the Cheese cake factory, or chili's or any other chain of restaurant for that matter. It is the small details, a nice Bordeaux glass, the sleazy server who wants to sell you the most expensive stuff in the menu that helped me decide not to go there again.