“Not as bad as it used to be! Excellent customer service! Food is average”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #30 of 82 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not as bad as it used to be! Excellent customer service! Food is average”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Usually not a fan of Chang's but I decided to give it another try and found out they are either listening to the mixed reviews or just starting to get things right. There are two things going for Chang's right now. They are one of the first chain style restaurants I have seen that accepts reservations. Why have crowds of people cluttering your lobby or the parking lots waiting around to be seated with dumb beepers (Joe's) when you can easily accept reservations and people can come at allotted times? It is not rocket science seating people and to not accept reservations is a joke.

Secondly, they have the customer service nailed. Not only is the hostesses friendly, but the wait staff is friendly, helpful and just a pleasure to be around. Our server was unreal and it made the visit more enjoyable. The food, well it is what it is, not unreal and delicious but not horrible either. Kung Pao Shrimp and brown rice was actually pretty good. Plus this is not a bad place to take kids. It is loud and they don't care if you make a mess and there are plenty of families eating here. They even have outside seating which is a treat. The prices are very reasonable and in all this visit was not bad! I am not sure I will become a regular customer, however I will visit a bit more often.

• Visited June 2013

Boston
“Great meal every time”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been to this PF Changs on several occasions. The meals are always great, right size portions, good service, and scrumptious desserts. Today I went with my son for lunch. I had the Mongolian beef rice bowl. The meat was cooked perfectly and the spcies were excellent. I opted for the won ton soup instead of hot & sour or egg drop and it was worth it. All the ingredients (spinach, mushrooms, shrimp, water chestnuts, pork dumplings) were awesome.

My son had a late breakfast between his baseball double header so he chose an appetizer because he was hungry but not starving. He loved them. I tried one and it was very good.

We couldnt help but order chocalate cake for dessert. OMG it is huge bot to mention moist and just what the doctor ordered.

Overall we had a great meal and will go back again.

• Visited June 2013
“Very slow service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We tried to reserve the seats for dinner an hour in advance but they would take reservation. Came in at approx 8 PM waited for an hour before we get the seat. Not a good experience.
Food was good but pricey compare to others. I have enjoyed other location but this was my first visit. Server was great.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank UpperCapeResident
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Not Your Typical Asian Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sorry, didn't like it and won't be back. Loud, noisy, pricey, yuppie chinese food. Maybe they should stick with selling their food in the frozen section.

Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“fun atmosphere, pricey for what you get”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I like PF Chang's food, yet it is not as healthy as people like to rave about and it is definitely not "authentic" as in "Chinatown" kind of Asian cuisine. This place gets busy and so service can be problematic. We had reservations for six adults for a celebration and they tried to sit us in a booth versus putting tables together. This was a little weird. We asked to move and they accommodated the request happily. Great desserts, for sure!

Visited January 2013