“Mixed feelings”

Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went here on a Saturday night and it was dead, which was good because we could sit down right away but bad because we didn't want to stick around for drinks afterwards at the bar. I wouldn't suggest ordering a salad, it was basic iceberg lettuce with some shredded cheese and lumpy balsamic dressing. The quahog appetizer was actually really good and I would order that again. I ordered a scallop and shrimp casserole type dish, it was good but not amazing. My boyfriend ordered a chicken and pasta dish with mushrooms that was actually really good but I bet it had 1/2 stick of butter in it. My gin and tonic was strong so that was a nice surprise as well. I would come back and give it another try! Good value.

• Visited January 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“A good stop”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Village Manor has had more than a few owners over the years. We have gone there off and on over the last 9 years and the food is good enough to make you return. The bar area is very loud and the addition of TVs to the dining area was not welcome but the staff are nice and the food is well done and fairly priced so that keeps us coming. You'll enjoy a nice meal and a pretty varied menu too.

• Visited August 2012
boston
“Great place”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Have been a few times once for dinner and a couple of times for drinks food was great the servers are friendly very comfortible atmosphere.

• Visited March 2012
Portland, Maine
“Surprisingly Good...”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

The Village Manor is mostly a pub-style bar (entertainment on certain nights)...but if you walk through the bar area to the back...there is a dining room with seating for about 50-60 people (tables and booths). We had a very nice and efficient waitress. One of us had the mixed grill with mashed potatoes (real mashed potatoes) and I had the broiled haddock with rice as a side. The rice was inedible and I sent it back in exchange for the potatoes. The waitress admitted that the rice was flavored rice from a box and that they didn't get orders for it very often. The haddock was one of the best broiled versions I have ever had and for this alone, we will return to the dining room at the Village Manor. It was a completely positive experience. We were actually looking for another restaurant from years ago (in the same area) and happened upon the Village Manor...it was a great find.

• Visited January 2011