All reviews liberty tree mall home depot north shore front desk panera bread outdoor pool quiet location room was clean and comfortable business center the air conditioning dunkin donuts would stay here again enjoyed my stay king bed new england nice stay logan airport
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We had an event in nearby Ipswich and always choose Marroitt, with good reason. We always find the hotels clean and comfortable. We request extra feather pillows and like magic they appear. The staff is always helpful and the pool was very nice. This was close to all the sea coast attractions and many stores close by if you need anything.

Stayed: August 2018
Jennifer B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for this review. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott! I am happy you were able to relax and enjoy your time with us. I hope your event went well and we get to welcome you back for the next one!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel near highway and shopping mall. Room is nice and clean. Bar, restaurant, business center on-site. Swimming pool is 6am to 10pm, pretty noisy when kids swim there. Gym is pretty small, but generally has all the equipment for a Traveller. Rate is pricy, but it is close to Boston.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Jennifer B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hello and thank you for posting a review for The Danvers Courtyard. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the hotel amenities and that the location worked for you. I hope to see you back for a future visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We stayed here for a few nights as we were travelling in the area and the hotel is in a good area. I have been to many other Courtyard by Marriott's during travels, and this was a huge disappointment. There was construction in the front, so you had to go in through the side entrances, which was fine. But the smell in our room was awful - some sort of musty, sweaty odor. Then to make matters worse, there was some sort of flooding in our hallway - I suspect something to do with septic because the smell was disgusting, both in the hallway and in our room. That day of the flooding, we had to walk through the sopping wet hallway floor to get to the lobby- given that the front was closed off - and I ended up just throwing out my sneakers after walking through. In addition, the cafe had horrible service. One time, I waited with several other people for coffee and no one ever showed up, even though it was morning during their operation time. The gym was extremely tiny as well. The staff seemed non-existent. Anyway, would not recommend this place until they clean it up.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing this review with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is a top priority and I apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. The guest room leak was that of clean water and not septic. I am sorry we did not convey that to you as we did try to let the guests in the affected area know what had happened and that it would be rectified as soon as possible. I feel terrible you lost your sneakers over our lack of communication. Please feel free to call me at 978 777-8630 to talk further. Rest assured, I will share your valuable feedback with our team and work to ensure we are properly communicating with guests and providing the great service you expect. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

My room was quite clean-- so the hotel gets points for that. But the smell in my room (and to a lesser extent in the halls) was like that of dirty socks. Musty, locker-room kind of smell that was only helped a little by the air conditioning. The TV's cable reception was hit or miss with many stations (like the weather channel) being very snowy and hard to see. (Unusual for cable). The location is behind the huge Liberty Tree Mall which is great if you want to shop but is a congested area if you'd don't. I didn't use the pool (Liked nice) or eat in the Bistro. I do like the Marriott brand but this is a basic hotel. No water in the room, no microwave, the bar of soap was miniscule, and there are no amenities (shampoo etc are in dispensers so you don't have to bring your own). The staff at the desk was generally nice and helpful. Parking is easy here once you get through the mall lot. It was okay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate your comments about your clean room and our nice and helpful staff. I am very sorry for your room issues. In the future, please let us know of any concerns while you are here so we can address right away. Our goal is for you to have a wonderful experience while at our hotel. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back so we can show you that. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We chose to decline daily cleaning of our room and only requested towels when we needed them. They were prompt with providing them, but did not take the dirty ones despite asking 3 times. I did not like having dirty and wet towels in our room for 3 days.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Danvers Courtyard. I am sorry we did not remove the towels. Our housekeeping team truly cares about each guest experience and we will provide additional training thanks to your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.