“Clean Hotel with Nice Pool in the Suburbs”

Courtyard Boston Danvers
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only one night as a stop over after a week in Maine. We wanted to check out Salem and this hotel was only 15 minutes away. The hotel is cute on the outside with a brick face and very New England looking. The pool courtyard is nice and you do not realize you are actually right next door to a home depot in the middle of a suburban shopping area behind the mall! There is not much near the hotel to visit - all the usual chain shops and restaurants. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean and fresh. Seems like a very new property. Highly recommend if the location works for your plans.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lthomas175

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and two teenage children stayed here over July 4th weekend. We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Boston and to Salem/ "Glousta" . This hotel was about 30 minutes from Boston and about 10 minutes from Salem. The hotel has recently been renovated and is very clean. I am the type to wipe things down with an antibacterial wipe when I arrive at a hotel and this room definitely passed my test. It was spotless. We had two rooms with king beds and a sofa. The room was perfect for two people, but would have been small for a third. The bathroom was a decent size. There was also a small bar area with a coffee maker and refrigerator which was perfect to store water and Gatorade. The outdoor pool was beautiful. The pool was spotless and the furniture was comfortable and cushioned. The area is enclosed by a fence so you do not feel as if you are surrounded by a parking lot. The air conditioning in the hotel worked great despite the outside temperature of 100 degrees that weekend. The service in the hotel was excellent. We left our room on Saturday morning for breakfast and when we returned which was before 10:00 am our room was already cleaned. We have been to fancy hotels where we have to beg the staff to clean our room before noon.

The new Bistro restaurant served Starbuck's coffee and some light fare. It was relatively expensive for what it was. We just bought coffee there and chose to eat breakfast out. There are plenty of places to eat breakfast around the hotel such as Panera Bread, Dunkin Donuts and Denny's. There were many other restaurants that served lunch and dinner as well.

The hotel is pushed back behind a mall and does not have any street or highway traffic at all. It is also next to a Home Depot which is kind of a strange location, but very quiet. We did not hear any outside noise.

My entire family slept great on the comfortable beds and we left the hotel after our weekend feeling rested.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the stairwells to ensure a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Parenttravel46
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here to break up a long drive from NH to NY. The room was big, the bed was comfortable and everything looked clean. I wish I'd remembered my bathing suit because the pool looked glorious! The only issue I ran in to was that the door to the room was difficult to open.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

First the good news. The room was ultra clean. The check in was quick. The parking was free. The down side was the constant sound of the HVAC vent in the bathroom. Even closing the bathroom door did not silence the constant drone. Late night snack? The single Mrs. Fields in a solo package was $3. I did enjoy the pool in the morning. Opens at 6 AM. No one else in for a dip.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in a corner. When I looked up at the room from the pool, I was saw 4 big vents on the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Woopiedo
Jennifer B, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your Danvers Courtyard experience. We strive for clean rooms and efficient check ins and I appreciate your comments. I am sorry the bathroom exhaust was bothersome. The fans do run to ensure good ventilation and they do tend to have a humming noise. I appreciate your business and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Typical Courtyard by Marriott motel... however, it's over-priced and the rooms are small... especially the bathroom. Our shower-tub would not drain and the sink would not hold water for shaving. The property is clean.. relatively new. Lobby and restaurant area is the best part of the property. Bottom-line- we'd pass next time... but to be fair (thus my average rating)....it's a nice place.. just not for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob L

Thank you for taking the time to review the Danvers Courtyard. I am sorry the room size did not meet your needs. I am also sorry you experienced tub and sink issues. These areas should have been inspected and corrected prior to your arrival. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention to allow me the opportunity to ensure our standard practices are being followed. Thank you for your comments about our newly renovated property and The Bistro. We are very happy with the changes and glad to hear you enjoyed them as well.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We needed a hotel for our Project Adventure experience in Beverly Mass. After looking at reviews we settled on the Courtyard Marriott in Danvers. The building is pretty and the inside just as nice. It was tucked away so finding it was a little bit of a chore but well worth it. As we always need to find wheelchair accessible accommodations this was at the top of our list. The hotel was sold out so they originally could not guarantee this but a quick call directly to the hotel assured me they could promise me wheelchair accessible. This was a must for us! The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful! The room was clean and appealing. I saw that one reviewer complained about noice but we had a very restful sleep and did not have any noise disturbance despite the sold out status of the hotel. Having starbucks in the lobby is always a plus to me :). We will not hesitate to stay at the Courtyard Danvers in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for recognizing our staff service and room cleanliness. We recently completed a renovation and it is our goal to exceed our guests expectations. I appreciate your business and your comments.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very attractive and clean. Paper thin walls let me hear every voice and door close in the hallway. The staff was friendly and helpful but couldn't make up for a mediocre property. The Bistro was awful. (slow) Fast food in an ugly room.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We recently completed a renovation and added The Bistro and we have heard great feedback. I am very sorry we provided slow service during your stay. I am happy to hear you like the new look, the hotel was clean and my team was helpful. I do appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Boston Marriott Peabody
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers

Been to Courtyard Boston Danvers? Share your experiences!