“No real value”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Dumont, New Jersey
“No real value”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I selected this Marriott property for the name and the location but both were kind of a disappointment. I am a family of five and search for value and convenience when traveling with the kids. I think I missed the mark on this one. First the location is not as close to Salem as we had hoped for. Also everything you read about this hotel being off the beaten path is true. It is behind the shopping mall and in my opinion not well lit at night The shopping mall did have nice places to eat but certainly was not a selling point for the hotel. Secondly, when I arrived I saw on the counter cookies and candy corn for sale. For what I paid for a night in this hotel in October I felt annoyed seeing these items for purchase. My annoyance was only exasperated the next morning when they tried to sell me the Sunday paper for $4. Lastly, the room was very very small. They claimed it could accommodate my family of five but I doubt it could accommodate three comfortably. I had asked for a roll away bed that I could not use as there was no room to open it up. When the pull out couch was used, the ability to move around the room freely was eliminated as it took up every available square foot of space. On the plus side the hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The hotel does offer a restaurant but we did not use it because it was expensive for breakfast. There is a Panera bread in the mall that easily handled our needs. All in all the hotel was just ok and the issues I had would cause me to question using this location again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Salem45122531

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,318 helpful votes
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have to agree with most of the reviews here. The walls are thin you can hear voices in the hallway and adjacent rooms. Beds are very comfortable. Convenient free parking and access to the expressway and shopping malls. Fifteen minute drive to downtown Salem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ebbtide123
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have and impromptu mini vacation, we checked in at 11:30 at night. Patrick the night auditor is so amazing, so friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The level of service he gives is phenomenal!!! Never let him go. He went above and beyond to help us get checked in efficiently and with a genuine smile. This is what courtyard is all about. THANK YOU Patrick

• Stayed August 2012
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stay here often on business and I am never disappointed. The management and staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are always clean and spotless, the wireless connection in all the rooms works great. The restaurant, though, really needs a mention, as I would say the food is 4 Star quality. Restaurant staff is always friendly and helpful as well. The location of this hotel is so convenient to the highway, right next to a mall and right down the street from another mall, 20 minutes into Boston and close to Salem, Gloucester and other North Shore towns.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kdk553
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2012

In town to see a horse show, this hotel is close to many restaurants. All the staff were friendly and attentive - including a doublecheck from the front desk to make sure the room was what I expected. The breakfast is overpriced so we went to Panera at the mall for the following two mornings. Room was clean and spacious.

Room Tip: We either had kids or nervous pacers upstairs which was a bit of an annoyance the first and third ni...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth_sage
Shapleigh, Maine
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The courtyard is in an excellent location for Salem area attractions and is about a half hour from Boston by car and train service is available in Salem about 4 miles away. The hotel is clean and well run, and not as expensive as many in the area. The maid staff is very loud in the hallways if you try to sleep late in the morning, and the doors bang on the first floor near end of the hall when closed. Was surprised that breakfast was not identified clearly as having a charge when most Courtyards have free breakfast. Overall good hotel to stay in when visiting the area.

Room Tip: I would recommend top floor, floors above are loud when people are stomping around
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MEShapleigh
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, service at check in was good. Room was clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff were very helpful and friendly. Very close to a mall which was convenient. Enjoyed our stay

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KaikouraWhaleWatch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Boston Marriott Peabody
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#3 of 9 in Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers

Been to Courtyard Boston Danvers? Share your experiences!