“danvers”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed December 11, 2012

im happy that they making changes.i like the hotel they are very nice to the people here.they help us when we need help.they are nice to us.i like the people here.they are very nice to us.they help family out.when they need it.

Room Tip: to ask question and they help out.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Lee225, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America, Danvers, Massachusetts. We are glad to be of help to you and your family and we are sincerely glad that you are enjoying your stay with us!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The first time I walked in I thought it was really nice. Customer service was amazing. Housekeeping keeps up with the rooms. This hotel is always nice and clean, they always here to help us when we need anything.. I give this hotel 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

It is an absolute pleasure to read comments like yours about our hotels! Thank you for taking the time tell us of your experience at our Danvers Extended Stay America. I hope that you enjoy the remainder of your stay with us - thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Don't stay at this hotel. If available book one of the other hotels in the area. It is not so much a hotel, most of the "guests" are long term residents. The lobby was absolutely filthy by the end of the night from kids eating while doing their home work after school. I was only there for 1 night but during this night they mistakenly gave another guest my room. If I didn't have the deadbolt on he would have gotten right in. Do yourself a favor and find a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We thank you for your feedback and apologize that our hotel was not a good fit for you. We do have a large number of extended stay clients and we make every effort to keep the hotel in order. We will certainly use your comments and feedback to make improvements and enhance the service we provide to our guests. It is our hope that you will not let this one location deter you from checking out any of our other 680 locations. Once again thank you for your feedback and accept my apology for your bad experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I tell you this place is not the best BUT the staff behind the front counter could not have been better. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and not had better service from the staff. Kerstin Lochrie and her staff are friendly and competent as any other hotel/motel I have stayed at. There are too many kids and long term tenants who have no other place to go apparently but the staff maintains a great attitude despite this...My TV didn't and it was replaced quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review about our hotel. Our staff strives to ensure that all of our guests experience a "home away from home" environment during their stay with us. Since our property currently houses a large amount of families, we understand it can sometimes be a challenge to create this atmosphere; however, I am so glad to read that we were able to provide this for you regardless.

It would be our pleasure, should your travel plans include our location in the future, to have an opportunity to serve you again. Once more, thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I can't believe the state of this hotel. I use that term loosely as it more resembles a crack house in south Boston. The no smoking room smells like a tobacco plantation. The other "guests" seem to be enjoying their welfare paid extended stay. Prostitutes in the laundry room, unidentifiable stains on the bedspread and mattress. I can't stress enough how awful this place is. If you value your possessions and your lives STAY AWAY! Biggest mistake ever.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank mo400
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. While I’m not sure what you encountered while a guest at our hotel, I will certainly look into it and make sure it doesn’t happen again. Thank you, though, for taking the time to tell us of your unfortunate experience. You can bet that we will take your comments to heart.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have lived here for 2 ½ years. The staff are engaging, courteous and accommodating. My room is comfortable, I appreciate the kitchen facility, the ease of being here and the location is very convenient. Extended Stay is both family and pet friendly. When there is a noise issue from other guests, if reported to the front desk, it is addressed. Extended Stay is not a 5 star hotel and I do not expect 5 star amenities. Once the housekeeping and maintenance staff have gone home and if guests are disrespectful of the property, sometimes the issue waits until the next morning. There is a trash room on each floor for the convenience of the guests and linens can be exchanged at the front desk in between housekeeping visits. In 2010 there was a new employee identified stealing from guests, including myself and he was fired. If you enjoy the bustling of activity, the front of the building faces Rt 1 and the parking lot, though with my window closed I rarely hear anything. The back and north side of the building is more quiet, overlooking a smaller parking lot, trees and neighboring buildings. I have resided in rooms on the back, north and front of the building.
When friends or family come to visit from out of town, I invite them to stay here.

Room Tip: Airport transportation is through an independent shuttle service, I recommend North Shore Shuttle...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank libsquib
ChristopherTM, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Boston - Danvers. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Found this a nice place to stay at a great price. This chain is always good. Had friendly gals at the desk and a nice room too. The kitchen made it very easy to cook in at night instead of wasting money on takeout. I think the rate must be great for families based on the number of kids staying there. Location was easy to get to and allowed for a quick ride in and out of Salem for me. Will keep this one in mind for future trips in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank L C

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Boston - Danvers. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!