“It's nice to have a kitchen” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boston Danvers Hotel

Boston Danvers Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
New Palestine, Indiana
“It's nice to have a kitchen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Noisey room, not very clean, bed was ok. But, it was nice to have a small kitchen area.

Room Tip: Not bad if you need a kitchen
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank IndyTravelerX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wethersfield, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

Arrived with a colleague. My room smelled like vomit. Her room had a strange smell which I could not identify. Definitely not a clean, fresh smell. So grossed out we checked out and went to another hotel down the street. Unless you are broke and absolutely need to stay in the least expensive hotel in the area, do not stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mmvoicever

Travelers are raving about these Danvers hotels

NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

Not that hard to find, but hard to figure out how to get INTO it (do NOT turn onto side street, keep going past the hotel and turn into the parking lot at the last minute). Good as long as you know what to expect. Nice to have a kitchen. I thought bed was fine, although blanket/spread was a bit thin and I could have used more pillows. They don't do housekeeping every day, but will exchange towels. Said there was a one-time charge of $5 for internet, but I didn't get charged it.

Clean, good value.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 40Acres
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

We reserved a room with twin beds, we got a king bed and was told by the hotel staff nothing could be done about it. I asked for an email confirmation of the reservation and was told I will get one. I never did- this would have highlighted the problem. The clerk checking us in seemed to care; the "Manager" could care less. The clerk was offering a solution- maybe another room at a discount??? The manager would not even hear of it! The manager did not care- she was full, she said, plus we did not book the room through her. I booked the room via extended stay hotel reservation system. What more did she want? I did not use a third party system such as Priceline, etc. It was a busy weekend in the area. End of story.

So we did not get two beds, but guess what??? We got two TVs and one was not working!!! Haaa.haa...so now our room was also a storage room.

And to top it off, a note was left under the door that the water will be turned off from 10 am to 4 pm the next day. No explanation provided as to why this was happening. On a busy weekend you are turning off the water, esp. when it is an efficiency stay hotel??? So much for sleeping in late! We were in the area for work, our shows ended at midnight; we did not get in until around 2 AM. I feel as if we should have been told at check-in the day before that the water would have been unavailable. I had to call to find out why the water was being turned off- they had a leak in the lobby and were trying to fix it. I have never stayed at an extended stay hotel before - and the only reason we ended up here was because Boston was full because of the "Head of Charles" race and we were booking at the last minute. I do not think I will stay at this hotel again.
We originally had a reservation for 2 nights. We stayed only one night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Elaine00140827
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

We were extended stay guests and had been there for over 3 months. Someone went through our room and things. We did not realize it right away because nothing was out of place. In fact the phone was in 2 bags up on a high shelf. They took a laptop and phone. As an extended stay customer, I would expect I could leave my things in my room. They said I should have taken my stuff with me. I WAS STAYING THERE! Found out later that the person across the hall also had items stolen. DO NOT STAY HERE!
Managers DID NOTHING!

• Stayed March 2010
Parsonsfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

I only stayed here for 1 nite from about 9 PM to 7 AM the next morning. I basically needed a place to sleep on my way from Boston to Portalnd, ME. This was just what I needed. The room had a full kitche that was outfitted with utensils, pots & pans, a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, and microwave. The bed was average, but clean fresh sheets & quilt. Fine for 1 night or possibly 2 if you are on a budget. I did get a great rate of $30.00 a night thru Priceline. I was quite pleased with the overall experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank robertwcook
Salem, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We needed a place that was comfortable, simple, clean, & with a kitchen. We wanted to save money by not having to eat out every day. We also needed a place that was dog-friendly. This place was perfect and super convenient (right on the highway). Getting into and out of the hotel to take our dog for a walk was so easy. The neighborhood was safe to walk the dog as well. The room was clean and staff was extremely friendly & helpful. I was on crutches, so they gave us a first floor room near the door. Cozy, clean & comfortable.... we are staying again this coming month!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank laidback9370
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to Boston Danvers Hotel? Share your experiences!