“Nice updated facility with excellent service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers

Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Nice updated facility with excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We had a 2 Bedroom/BR loft with a nice kitchen, common living space and working fireplace. Service was prompt and courteous. Called down for ice and manager brought it up himself. Very nice restaurants nearby with easy access to highway. Approx 20 min from downtown Boston and 15 min from Salem MA

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I will share them with the team. We truly appreciate and value your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Greenwich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for 4 nights while one of my brothers was hospitalized. The room was a very nice size - about 400+ SF- and had a full kitchen, a king size bed and a sofabed. However, do not plan on using the sofabed. The mattress is awful - the springs poke into you at night no matter what you try to do. If you're driving here, consider bringing your own mattress pad!

The room has a very spacious feel but as someone else pointed out, the toilet/shower room is ridiculously small. My mom and I are small women but even we could barely navigate the toilet and shower. I would hate to see anyone over 160lbs trying to fit in there! really, it is that bad.

The breakfast was included and is very good, a nice selection of hot and cold food. In the room, we used the coffee but they did not resupply the dry cream and sugar or the popcorn. We also did not get a sheet for the awful sofabed one night. We discovered our phone did not work when we went to call for the sheet and they never fixed the phone during our stay although we reported it to them.

The staff is incredibly helpful but the cleaning people don't speak any English, which was an issue when the maid came to the room. We eventually got through it but it was tough.

Additionally, they checked out my brother instead of me when he left a day earlier. They corrected the problem but I only discovered it when I happened to look at my reservation online to extend it - only to discover I was checked out! The fact that they would let a man check out of a room billed in a woman's name is a bit distressing, even if the last names are the same. As I said, they fixed it but it really should not have happened in the first place.

We were on the first level and I found a few bugs in the room. I can't be much of a germaphobe because of all my travel, but I wiped the room down thoroughly as usual and if given the chance would have purchased bug spray.

If you're not familiar with the area, it is difficult to find. Look for Costco and turn in early. All the lots are connected so you can wind your way through instead of missing it.

Overall, the hotel is fine. It served its purpose and I would stay here again, but just bring some reinforcements like a mattress pad, my own cream for coffee, big spray, and diet pills for that tiny bathroom!

Room Tip: We didn't hear a thing from outside but I would probably stay upstairs next time.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to document your experience at the hotel. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations and it seems in this case we have some work to do. I have reviewed your comments with the team and have taken corrective action. I look forward to your return visit when you are in the area.
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed four nights from Sept. 8-11. We enjoyed the extra room that the Residence Inn afforded, especially the refrigerator, sofa, etc. Our room, 714, had a nice LG TV. It was probably a 40-in. TV and not only was it a nice flat screen, but they had HD programming. I have been in many nice places that had flat screen TVs, but did not have HD programming. That was big for me, although I didn't spend hours in front of the TV. It was nice to have the same type of picture that I have at home. The bed was very good. I liked it a lot. Our room was on the north side of the complex, nearest to the interchange of U.S. 1 and Route 114, but I heard no road noise, although I am a pretty heavy sleeper. The only issue I have with the room is the toilet/shower room and the fact that there was just one sink. We got around the one sink issue OK, but the toilet/shower room is just WAY too small. The toilet is low and an old-style round bowl. I am a big guy and this was an issue. Let's just leave it at that. The breakfast was also very good, the best breakfast I've had where it was included with the room rate. We also took advantage of the evening meal/snack one night. It was nothing more than a beef-a-roni type meal, but it didn't cost a thing! There is a Costco literally next door and we are members, so we were able to get gas for our rental car there, along with a couple of other things we needed. Just heed what others have said about passing this place. It will take a while to get back due to the median barriers along U.S. 1. Overall, this is a good place to stay, especially if you are in the area for more than one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.
Clintondale, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We booked a two bedroom suite at the Danvers MA Residence Inn. On check in we were assigned a "penthouse suite". It was really one space with beds in different areas - no privacy. Both the website and central reservations indicated it was two rooms with doors. While the hotel did comp a night and searched other area Marriott's in the end we didn't we didn't get a two bedroom suite. Breakfast was good, evening snack was sad. Tough location accessible only on northbound Rt. 1 behind a Costco.

The staff was pleasant in all respects and the hotel was clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I am sorry that the two bedroom suite with doors was not available for your stay. I know it can be frustating when you need the privacy doors and all we have are the two bedrooms without doors. I am also sorry that our light dinner did not meet with your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at teh Residence Inn.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Standard extended stay hotel with very helpful staff and decent breakfast. Difficult to find, but we know the place and have stayed here a number of times. Hotel being renovated. Pool a bit small, but enough for my needs.

Room Tip: Difficult to find, but we know the place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn. Your comments are very much appreciated.
Enfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

After a birthday celebration, traveling over 100 miles after 11:00 PM was not going to happen. A late check in was arranged with the reservation. Check-in was quick but imagine my surprise when 1. I did not get the first floor room requested. 2. The keys to the room did not work. 3. Someone else was already in the room because it was double-booked. Due to a convention there was only 1 room left. It only had a double bed instead of the king that was reserved. So why did I give such a high rating? The room was wonderful. Spacious, clean, and well appointed it truly felt like coming home as opposed to your typical hotel room.

When checking out I heard the following words "We are terribly sorry for your inconvenience. There will be no charge for the room". ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! The night manager John had commented on finding a way to compensate for the mix-ups. I realized that "THINGS HAPPEN" and expected I would be offered a reduced rate. This was totally unexpected. Furthermore the staff seemed to truly care that things had not lived up to their expectations. Long story short, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends. As a natter of fact I have already told several of my friends and co-workers of my adventure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BDragoncop
I am sorry for your difficulty late at night with your check in. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. I am delighted that it was a happy ending. I do hope you will stay with us if you come back to the area.
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Last year, this hotel was under total renovation yet they still served us well. This year the renovation made a big difference, the rooms are brighter, the kitchen facilities are grand.The management has always been affable and professional, they still are. Housekeeping receives a hearty well done, the facilities are clean. We had a comfortable room....
Previous visits had us on the upper floor. This year we were on the ground floor. The noise dampening needs strengthening, the cordial family above us had an active (good thing!) toddler, unfortunately we heard all the running and romping. So I recommend a second floor apartment.
The furniture was worn, our bed was comfortable but the dresser, couch, & easy chair were recycled.Additionally we had only one chair for the dining banquette. The front desk staffer was unable to provide an additional chair. We were still comfortable, yet improvements could help here.
Our room 314 was abeam the much used but to me irritating smoking area. I guess we have to tolerate this incorrigible habit but the smokers do not seem to care about the other guests.
The hotel is a good value, the complimentary breakfast is quite appreciated. Again the management is highly proficient, we enjoyed our stay. Your location is quite convenient for the North Shore. Access from Route One is fine once you learn the technique of exiting the highway.My brickbats of above are meant to help the hotel as I will definitely stay here if in the area again. Overall an A Plus for the Marriott team especially Housekeeping.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So sorry that the noise from the above occupants disturbed you during your stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. The guest response to the renovation has been outstanding. We truly appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers? Share your experiences!