“Not worth $100 a night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Liverpool, New York
“Not worth $100 a night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ok, so my pregnant wife and 2 yr old daughter were with me when we were coming back from Gloucester, tired as hell and took the exit when we saw the Econo Lodge sign off Rt 128. Too bad we didnt have smartphones to tell us that just 2 more exits later there were far better hotels!!

They charged us $100 a night for basically a shack with running water. There was a young girl, in early 20s wandering around the premises, apparently high on something! Lots of women and kids who seem to live there, not stay for a few days. The Hotel is owned by Dilip Patel Corporation, which clearly is an Indian name.
Nothing against Indian hotel owners, but if you are offering poor service, dont expect to charge high prices.

The next morning I went to grab some breakfast , it came to no surprise that all they had was white bread, packaged non branded cereal and plastic wrapped donuts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The beds were comfortable. The whole hotel was dirty and I believe try are going through renovations. This we found out when someone else who checked in went to her room and there was no furniture set up. It was all stacked.
We heard or neighbors all night and was not a comfortable place to be.

• Stayed July 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked two rooms online via Expedia in February for our holiday to the U.S in August. I primarily booked this hotel because of the proximity to Boston, price and mainly the lovely swimming-pool which was shown on the web-site which my 9 year old daughter was really looking forward to using especially as it was so hot. On arrival at the hotel the two rooms and keys were allocated and I was told that there was NO SWIMMING POOL. I was extremely disappointed but resolved to make the best of a bad situation. The first night was fine and we went to Denny's which was very nice and friendly. The following morning at breakfast I noticed lots of people in their pyjamas filling up carrier bags full of food and thought it was a bit strange. When I walked back over to my room I saw lots of tvs, chairs etc sitting outside other rooms and also lots of people milling around and talking and children playing. It was a bit like a council estate so realised that people were actually living there. The following evening went to Dennys again which was fine but when returned to room, noticed lots of people talking and smoking outside and this went on past midnight. The following morning went to see my 83 year old mother in the adjoining room and learnt that someone had repeatedly tried to get in to her room with a key between 10pm and 1am in the morning. Luckily she had locked the door from the inside but had been extremely terrified by this incident and it appears that her original booking had not been logged on the computer so her room was showing as empty. When we went to see the lady at reception the following morning she showed absolutely no empathy and just said that we wouldn't be charged for that room but didn't really care about my mother's appalling experience. Luckily the Manager was more understanding when we explained to him the following day. Apart from that, I must say that both rooms were very clean and the cleaning lady came in daily and did a good job. The rooms were quite nice and reasonably sized, typical of other Days Inns that I have stayed at and the breakfast was quite good although not much variety but the permanent customers certainly let this hotel down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Cathy186298
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We booked online before our trip. Do not believe the pictures on the Days Inn website. When we first drove into the parking lot we saw running and screaming kids. As it turns out there are atleast ten welfare funded famiies living there. The rooms were small and smelled of cigarette smoke. There were people looking in our windows, we did not feel safe. We stayed only long enough to book other rooms at Comfort Inn. Do not stay, book elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank bethiegrl1
Norwalk, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Never ever stay here under any circumstances. I booked this hell hole for my wife and myself plus my parents for a vacation trip to Salem. We soon found out why our price deal was non-refundable. First of all, it isn't a hotel, it's government welfare housing with a Days Inn sign outside it. When we drove in, the first thing we saw was a multitude of kids running around, screaming and the buildings were crumbling and in very bad repair. When we went to our rooms, they were as bad on the inside as on the outside of the place. Kids were peering into our windows and running up and down screaming and yelling. We felt very unsafe and I didn't even feel good leaving our rental car outside the rooms. I immediately called Days Inn reservations to try to get a refund but they said we'd have to deal directly with the hotel management. Fortunately the girl on reception agreed to cancel our booking and refund us. It didn't seem any surprise to her that we wanted to leave. We quickly packed up and got lovely clean rooms at the Comfort Inn across town. The pictures and description on the website are very misleading, they make the place out to be great for vacations to Boston and Salem. Don't be fooled! Stay away!! This was the last time that we will ever book a room at a Days Inn as they evidently just don't care.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ross L
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Didn't even have a chance to stay here..THANK GOD!! After seeing the building u wouldnt want to either..1st sight you see, are all of the filthy, blood-sucking government welfare cases LIVING there & standing around w their 50+kids...should have been our first clue that it wouldnt be a good idea to even ask for a room, but after driving hours w/ no sleep, we did...haha what a joke, the front desk girl told us they had no rooms available, yet there wasnt a single car in the parking lot, well, unless u count a couple broken down ones. Take my honest advice, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STAY HERE!!! You won't feel safe, the doorways to the open rooms look horrifying!!! Plus u probably wont get a room anyways, because u would be an actual paying customer..But, thanks to the front desk girl, u saved me from becoming another victim of ur scum!!! :)

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Dillpickl
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Do not stay here! The web site pics definitely need updated. We booked and prepaid for 2 nights with the hopes of relaxing by the pool our first day after a 9 hour drive. Pool! The pool was covered and over grown the were 2 shady men hanging outside the fenced in area. The parking lot was full of trash. We were on the first floor and had to keep the curtains pulled the whole time so it felt like we were in a cave. There were holes in the sheets, nasty stains on the furniture. I never walked barefoot anywhere in there and wore flip flops in shower. There was a gap around the door and you could see outside. The locks did not seem secure. When left our room and the hotel we took most of our belongings with us locked in the trunk because it was that shady. Wi-fi...what wi-fi? We had no internet. When we called to the front desk, it was the third time we were told there are 60 families living there so it may be slow. This needs put on their site too. We would have never stayed. There were kids running around everywhere and throwing things around our car. We did not eat the breakfast because it was so dirty in there. I referred to the place as the "crack shack" for 2 days. It was horrible, I feel bad for anyone who makes the same mistake we did.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this place~I wouldn't want anyone to stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank maggie w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Courtyard Boston Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!