“Crowded and not the best for apple picking”
Review of Connors Farm

Connors Farm
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Danvers
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We decided to try Connor's Farm with our children on a whim. First of all you should know that this is not a traditional New England apple picking farm experience. It was chaotic and crowded on arrival. We entered the store area and had to be directed by strangers as to where we needed to head to buy a bag to pick apples. When we finally got in line the girl was curt and didn't seem thrilled about explaining how we make our purchase. It ended up costing $14 per person (including children) to enter the farm and we had to purchase a medium sized bag of Apple's (they would not sell us the small bag because we obituary to adults in our party... weird policy, let people but what they want!) In total we paid $80 to get in. There was an older rude lady at the front that snapped at us to move out of the way a few times when we were getting our wristbands. She was nasty and shouldn't be working around families. Once In the farm area there were a lot of things to do. There were some animals (chickens, pigs, donkeys, geese and ducks), areas to toss baseballs, footballs, and basketballs, wagon rides, Apple Shooters, Pedal Cars, a bouncy area, a corn maze, and a playground type area. It was VERY crowded and overwhelming. The place seems disorganized and understaffed. Its sort of chaotic. Expect lines for activities on a weekend. We did not eat inside (lines for food were long) But We bought some $2 waters. When we got to the orchard section almost all the apples were on the ground, not much to pick for small kids. The apples were small and trees unmarked. No idea what type they are. Certainly not our favorite apple experience. Some people were being searched for apples at the exit, but not us. Finally, if you have a bee allergy beware! The whole farm was full of bees and hornets and we saw four people stung.

1  Thank Jenna M
"wagon"
"pedal"
"fog"

Reviewed June 15, 2017

The Hysteria Haunted Farm groupon brought my friends and I here! We figured we could check out the farm during the day time as well! I had a horrible flash back on our way here when we were on Valley Rd. again the one lane road to the Topsfield fair (now that place I have no nice words to spare, see that review if you're curious). Thankfully it only took about 15 minutes to make our way to the large parking area. It can get muddy when it's raining. We waited for another 5 minutes in the line to buy our tickets and they had a line for cash, which was faster than looping all the way around the store registers if you pay with card. True Rating = 3.5 from the excessive lines and waiting, they could really be better managed.

CONNORS FARM
The $14 entrance fee per person is somewhat steep especially as an adult. Many of the activities are geared towards kids such as the pillow bounce, peddle karts etc... We watched the pig races, rode the grain train, rode mechanical bull, rats racing barrels, pumpkin bingo and of course the premiere Corn Maze. It's very cool that they change the theme of the corn maze each year. This year it was Charlie Brown & The Great Pumpkin. I definitely recommend following the question sheet guides or using the text options (however signal is limited). We might have passed a few of the actual phases but we made it through all the way within 40 minutes.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Smokehouse food even though by the time we visited around 5pm they were running out of food. My SO ordered the half rack of ribs for $18 and it seems like they might have given him a full rack (or a very generous size) with potato salad and corn on the cob. We shared his plate.

HYSTERIA HAUNTED FARM
I was surprised to learn that the Hysteria is run by a different company than Connor's. They allowed us to redeem our tickets from Groupon around 6PM but they didn't officially open their doors until around 7:15PM. We should have started lining up right away, but by the time we tried to find the location there was already a huge line forming. We got the tickets & VIP bracelets from Groupon, but to be honest they did not really have a distinction between the lines for us to take advantage. We accidentally asserted ourselves to the front near the corn fields and they just let our group through!

Aside from the attraction starting late around 7:30, my friends and I were very impressed with the set up of the Haunted Farm. I won't give too much away but they had tons of spooky props, misty of fog, 70+ actors and a very extensive trail to get through the farm! They even were able to repurpose a school bus. This was infinitely better than the spook walks that we went to at Six Flags. The actors were much more interactive than I expected and they did a great job of scaring everyone in the group not just those in the front or the back. They even followed you around for several paces beyond their mark. We finished the haunted farm trail in about 45 minutes and I would definitely recommend it. Not sure if I would have wanted to wait in the rain though since once we finished we felt the drops of precipitation increasing.

Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

A group of 14 of us went here one Saturday night in October for the corn maze. We had people ages 14 all the way to 50 with us and we all enjoyed it. The corn maze is scary and they have people popping out at you and everything is really well decorated. The only reason I wouldn't give it five stars is because when you first get there it seems like there is no line at all. So you go through a couple attractions and then BOOM there's a huge like and it takes like 2 hours to get into the real corn maze. I didn't mind waiting I just wish they had told us before we entered thinking there wasn't a line.

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Went with my boyfriend and some of our friends, had a great time! Definitely not your typical haunted attraction. Walking through the woods and corn field took about a half hour, worth the money!