“Plain Fun!”

CoCo Key Water Park Boston North Shore

Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Danvers
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience CoCo Key Water Park Boston North Shore - one of the largest indoor water parks in New England! Our 65,000 square foot water park is a splash-tastic family fun destination. Ride the giant water slides, play in the activity pool, lounge in the lazy river, and hit the arcade. Conveniently located just 19 miles north of Boston, in Danvers, MA, with ample free parking. Offering: Day Passes, Season Passes, Annual Passes. OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND! Best Rainy Day Activity for Kids near Boston! Also featuring: Birthday Parties, Group Swims for School Class Trips, Scout Troops, Camps, Family Reunions. Overnight Water Park Packages also available including family-friendly overnight accommodations.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Warwick, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Plain Fun!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The last week of summer vacation and I wanted to squeeze in one more thing! This place was perfect! I checked it out online and booked a room at the Doubletree for the next Sunday night. I figured the park wouldn't be as busy on Sunday. We arrived at the water park at 2 and bought our passes. When we walked in, it was more than I expected. We stayed a few hours and enjoyed the water slides and the pool. We ate at the little place inside, the food was pretty good, also better than I expected. We went up to the room and relaxed a bit and went back for round 2! We stayed till 0900 and then we went back to the room for the night. We went with my son around the water park the whole time, but I thought the view from the tables where the moms were gabbing had an adequate view to keep an eye on the kids. The lifeguards are all over too! They don't miss a beat! The one little bummer was the indoor/outdoor jacuzzi area. You have to be 15. My son is 11 and I wish they lowered the age. He would have liked that! I guess they wanted an area for adults to enjoy! Anyway, we loved it!

, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing exactly what made your visit to CoCo Key Water Park in Danvers so much fun! We’re very pleased to hear that your impromptu getaway with your family gave you a great end to summer vacation memories. We appreciate your understanding when it comes to our Palm Grotto Indoor/Outdoor Spa, but we would like to clarify that the age limit is actually 18 and older for safety reasons. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back for another great experience at our park and we thank you for your kind review.

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun Place When You Can't Go Outside”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

CoCo Key was fun to do when the weather outside wasn't great, but I wouldn't go there on a nice day. If you are really planning on spending the whole day there, the prices aren't that bad, but if you want to go just in the afternoon, say noon to 4 there was no half day pricing, so it got expensive for the time we could stay. The food was ridiculously expensive and it didn't seem like the kitchen knew what they were doing, so it was frustrating. I can't imagine being there on a really busy day, it must be awful. The place seemed clean enough, the lifeguards - attentive, and the kids did have a great time in the tubes and on the slides. I wouldn't go there a lot, but we would go back again.

Visited July 2013
, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Spending time at CoCo Key Water Park in Danvers when the weather isn’t cooperating is a great idea, but even when the weather is hot, it’s the perfect place to cool off and not have to worry about the sun’s rays or excessive heat. During our busier days, our lifeguards do a great job of tending to the lines and encouraging our guests to keep others in mind. We’re thrilled your family had a great time in our park and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun, but BYO Food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took my two boys to CoCo Key Danvers yesterday. Although it is an expensive outing, which would keep me from going there frequently, we all had a great time on the slides, lazy river, etc. The one downside to our day was that the food service situation was absolute chaos and should be a huge embarrassment to whoever runs it. There was no system whatsoever. There were order tickets laying all over two counters and the workers just stood there, glancing over them at random. They didn't even have a clue which orders had been fulfilled and which hadn't. Orders were not filled in any particular order and, bizarrely, the only way to get your order filled AT ALL was to make your way through the crowd to the counter, shove your receipt at a worker, tell them what you were waiting for, and then hound them until they located everything you ordered. Food was sitting there on the warmers, but the workers seemed to have no clue how to pick up an order ticket and match the tickets with the food items on the warmers. I paid $130 for 3 of us to spend the day at CoCo Key. They ostensibly prohibit outside food. I didn't expect to spend MORE THAN A HALF HOUR standing in the food service area with my two small children waiting for chicken fingers and pizza, some of which was cold and gross by the time our entire order was assembled. Despite the "no outside food rule," many families did bring picnics seemingly without any issue. I wish I had done that as well so I would have avoided the nightmarish food situation. I hope CoCo Key will get their act together and get some competent management in the food service area. I would be happy to abide by their rules if they were actually capable of serving food in a reasonable manner.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarah B
, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Your review certainly concerns us, as this is not at all what we expect for any of our guests and we do apologize for any confusion that occurred while you were trying to enjoy our park. We appreciate reviews of all types, including those that let us know what areas we need to improve upon, and your comments will be shared with our staff in order to pre-empt any further issues in our food service area. You are correct in saying that we do not allow any outside food and we would hope that all of our guests would be as happy to abide by our policies. We hope to welcome you back for the fun and exciting adventure you deserve at CoCo Key Water Park in Danvers and we thank you for your review.
Massachusetts, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome 10th Birthday Party!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I am SO happy I chose to have my sons 10th birthday here! What a great time! Our hostess Amber was FABULOUS! A+ goes to her! All the kids and adults had a great time at the water park. The air was hot and humid (PERFECT conditions for a water park) the water was refreshing and clean! I didn't go down any slides myself but from what i hear they were incredible! We had some little ones who really enjoyed the kiddie area. The adults loved the lazy river and swimming pool the most. The Lilly pad rope climb was a big hit too! I don't have one complaint! The food (pizza and cake) was delicious! I will be back again for some more fun with my family and friends! Thanks for making my son's birthday everything he hoped for :)

, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We love to hear that the staff and fun atmosphere at CoCo Key Water Park in Danvers helped to create a memorable birthday party for your son and his friends! The balmy 84 degrees inside the park makes splashing and jumping into the water even more fun and we’re thrilled to read that everyone fully enjoyed themselves. Thank you for entrusting us with the care of your family and for giving us the opportunity to make your son’s special day so much fun! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect for kids”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great indoor watermark. Perfect for families with kids under 12. very exciting with all the different activities. they even play a movie on the big screen while you swim, in the evening. they have a lazy river and slides that go in and out of the building. very amusing. great staff. the young lifeguards were concerning at first, but they were very attentive, actively looking in every nook and cranny constantly. loved it. safe, fun environment for the kids.

1 Thank GIGI145
, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable time at CoCo Key Water Park in Danvers. It is our goal to provide each of our guests with an exceptional experience, full of fun and excitement, and it seems we met that goal with you. We’re pleased that our staff made you feel relaxed and comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back time and time again. Thank you for your kind review.