“A Luxurious Lunch!”
Review of Brutole Restaurant - CLOSED

Brutole Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: route 114
Massachusetts, USA
“A Luxurious Lunch!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our second ever visit today, and both occasions have been Saturday lunches when the restaurant was almost empty, so I cannot comment on how the place is when busy. Food seems to be mainly Italian staples, but done extremely well. Lobster bisque at $12 seemed a bit steep, but our waiter split it into two reasonably generous bowls - and it was awesome! Really exceptional - great broth with several huge chunks of lobster meat. The bread and oil was fresh, warm and delicious. For our entrees we had the Seafood Fettucini (against, generous amounts of lobster, scallops and shrimps), and a Portabello mushroom pizza (very tasty). Add in one beer, a glass of good Chardonnay, tea and coffee, and we paid $72. Not cheap, but very reasonable value for money.

• Visited March 2013

Burlington, Massachusetts
“Old World Atmosphere, Elegant Food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The first thing you see when you walk through the door is the open kitchen and then to the right is one of the longest bars around. We had reservations so we were seated at a table with semi-circle seating which was great for a romantic meal. We started off splitting the caesar salad with sun dried tomatoes and shaved parmesan, one of the best caesar salads we've had. For an appetizer we had the pan seared scallops (4 scallops) that were creatively displayed. We tried the grilled margherita pizza with fresh mozzarella which was enough for two. With 2 glasses of wine each, the bill came to $100. Brutole is a little on the expensive side but well worth it for the positive dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
monaco
“$10 for a bottle of sparkling water!!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been to this restaurant before. The food is ok. I go for the rack of lamb. it is usually very good. Anyway, i ordered a wedge salad with tomatoes, blue cheese, etc. the tomato consisted of 1/4 piece of a very bland tomato. the dressing tasted like something from a bottle. I ordered my rack of lamb. ordered it pink. it came back much closer to medium well. I should have sent it back but i didn't want to hold up the table. And i ordered a bottle of sparkling water. We are on the northshore of boston. not boston. when i got the bill, i realized we just drank a $10 bottle of Voss sparkling water. shame on me for not looking at the price before ordering. But get real. i don't think i have eaten in a high end boston restaurant that charged that much for water. everyone else at the table was relatively satisfied with their meals but i'm the one writing this review and i won't be returning to this restaurant anytime soon.

• Visited January 2013
Pleasantville, NY
“Expensive and a little bland”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Two soups, two entrees, and two glasses of wine came to $100 (without service, and no coffees or desserts). Although that's not excessive, it's still on the high side for a restaurant where the quality isn't quite first rate. My soup (Tuscan bean) wasn't well seasoned and was a little bland. My companion's chowder was also nothing special. For my entree I had the haddock, served on a risotto with asparagus. The fish was a little over-cooked and the consistency of the risotto wasn't good - too sticky and lacking in flavor. Service was pleasant and professional. I'm not sure that I'll be rushing back to Brutole.

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“good surprise”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hidden from the view of drivers on Rt.1, it was a pleasant surprise to find not only plenty of parking, but also a great atmosphere and delicious food! I loved lobster bisque, huge sea scallops! The beef steak was done just right, as ordered. Also, the fresh-baked bread was very pleasing! Service is great- attentive and not annoying. They even split dishes on 2 plates when I mentioned we will share!
The only waiter's trick I was caught on- when they ask "water sparkling or still?" you'd better say "tap", unless $10 for a bottle is what you enjoy paying.
I would visit it again, and would definitely recommend it, probably for special occasions rather than causal dining.

• Visited January 2013