“Expensive and a little bland”
Review of Brutole Restaurant - CLOSED

Brutole Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: route 114
Pleasantville, NY
“Expensive and a little bland”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Two soups, two entrees, and two glasses of wine came to $100 (without service, and no coffees or desserts). Although that's not excessive, it's still on the high side for a restaurant where the quality isn't quite first rate. My soup (Tuscan bean) wasn't well seasoned and was a little bland. My companion's chowder was also nothing special. For my entree I had the haddock, served on a risotto with asparagus. The fish was a little over-cooked and the consistency of the risotto wasn't good - too sticky and lacking in flavor. Service was pleasant and professional. I'm not sure that I'll be rushing back to Brutole.

• Visited February 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“good surprise”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hidden from the view of drivers on Rt.1, it was a pleasant surprise to find not only plenty of parking, but also a great atmosphere and delicious food! I loved lobster bisque, huge sea scallops! The beef steak was done just right, as ordered. Also, the fresh-baked bread was very pleasing! Service is great- attentive and not annoying. They even split dishes on 2 plates when I mentioned we will share!
The only waiter's trick I was caught on- when they ask "water sparkling or still?" you'd better say "tap", unless $10 for a bottle is what you enjoy paying.
I would visit it again, and would definitely recommend it, probably for special occasions rather than causal dining.

1 Thank ielkin
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Good food, not fabulous - with packed environment and wonderful drinks”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten here with a single friend and with an office group and both times we all enjoyed our meals.

• Visited December 2012
Lynnfield
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We recently had dinner at Brutole on Rte 1 in Danvers. For appertizers we had the Beet, Goat Cheese, Pear stack, the Scallops and the Tomato, Mozzarella Caprese. All were wonderful. My husband had the Veal Marsala and it was excellent, I had the potato chip crusted haddock over risotto it was perfect and my daughter had the grilled Salmon it was wonderful. The food server was attentive and the meal flowed at a slow pace. I would recommend this restaurant for a relaxing dinner. They also have a very nice bar area and I have heard that the pizza is very good.

1 Thank Roberta W
Boston, Massachusetts
“Be prepared to pay”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Although this restaurant has reasonably good food, their prices are very high for what you get. All sides are extra and you need to ask about menu descriptions, which tend to be misleading. Flavors are generally nicely developed but portions are small - on the edge of skimpy. The atmosphere is pleasant - somewhat upscale for the area.