“Real nice meal for the 2 of us”

Sam & Joe's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 112 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Massachusetts
“Real nice meal for the 2 of us”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The wife and I headed out on aMonday to dinner, some restaurants are closed but none are busy. Had been a couple years and we were seated quickly as few were there. Funny, we were at the same table with the same waitress as last time. My wife ordered the meatball parm sub and I ordered the baked manicotti and meatball. Food cae quickly and was very good, I enjoyed every bit of it. I had a salad and plenty of bread as well. Service was fine and it made for a lovely evening for the 2 of us.

• Visited August 2013

Massachusetts
“Our old reliable for excellent pizza and a great staff”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I love Sam and Joe's. Look, if you want fancy, than you might want to go somewhere else. If you want an excellent pizza along with some very good appetizers (we prefer the mussels) in a casual, family-oriented setting that is reasonably priced, then S & J's is your place. FYI on the décor....They just did some revision work in the dining area and it looks nice. Yes, an update was needed, and it's now done.

We're in S & J's probably 3-4 times a month, and don't vary too much from our usual pizza. My wife will get the ravioli at times and some fish dishes. All in all, we've never had a bad meal here. Again, it's all about expectations. If you want fancy, then hit the Hardcover or somewhere similar. If a very good meal for a reasonable price is something that you like, then give Sam & Joe's a try.

The wait staff treats us like family now that we go so often. Our service is always excellent. I know what you are thinking, "if you go there al the time, of course you get good service". I've seen the girls on the wait staff busting their hump going from table to kitchen to table on a busy Friday night. Overall, they are a good group. Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule, but overall, this staff is excellent!

Give Sam & Joe's a try for a delicious thin crust pizza. I hope you enjoy it. I think you will.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mightywa
Reading, Massachusetts
“Not sure about Sam & Joe's”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent. So I feel bad to write an honest review. The food tasted great. ..it was after we left that the trouble started. We had a spinach salad apt, lobster rolls and a third person in our group had the chicken parm. Two of us experienced gi distress and we think it was from the lobster roll. I feel bad because the wait staff is great. I must say I will not be able to return. Think the kitchen needs to checj

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“TRADITION!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Sam and Joe's for many years...we now take our grandchildren. Our favorite order hasn't changed, except now we don't order "extra cheese" and usually start with a crispy crunch antiipasto, with all of the anchovies for ME!
When you want to watch a game or two, you can sit in the bar, help yourself to popcorn and still enjoy your favorites.
A best bet place for family dining.

Visited May 2013
Danvers
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Always tasty pizza from basic cheese to Sausage or their specialty pies are always top notch!
Takeout is good too- always ready and friendly- will offer side of parmesan cheese or hot pepper flakes.

Visited November 2012

Been to Sam & Joe's Restaurant? Share your experiences!