“Not a Sports Bar”

Dining options: Reservations
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Not a Sports Bar”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

There are several rooms in this establishment. When I walked in I told the hostess that I wanted to sit at the bar to watch the Bruins playoff game and Jon Lester pitching a gem for the Red Sox against the Blue Jays. She informed me that some rooms have entertainment such as DJs and motioned me into the center room where there was an oval bar with several TVs within view. Not the best viewing atmosphere I have been to but it would be fine. The bartenders were excellent - I was made to feel at home and settled in for what I thought was going to be a fine night of food, libation and sports. As I had mentioned, the Bruins were playing game 5 of the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. It was the end of the 2nd period in a very tight game when I ordered dinner. As soon as the third period began, the "sports bar" was taken over by karaoke. Perhaps the food only seemed mediocre at best because I was forced to listen to old men sing poorly and very, very loud. Dinner was ruined - enjoying the games was ruined. I will never return.

• Visited May 2013

Peabody, MA
“Timothy's at the Village Green”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First experience watching a Pats game, and had a very positive experience. The Staff at the bar
were friendly and accomodating--very good service
This is a good venue for watching sports with 4 TV's well positioned throughout the room--reasonably priced bar appetizers, and very tasty. Good but not great selection of deers on draft with economical pitcher prices.
Recommend as a small cozy sports bar without all the noice. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
New York, United States
“ok”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

it was a sports bar but club sandwich and fries were yummy just not what i was looking for ,stayed couse we were tired and hungry

Visited August 2012
Boston
“What a joke! This place is a pick-up joint for the elderly”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I always thought this was a nice restaurant. We went with friends and had an alright meal. NOTHING special. I basically took a couple bites to be polite. Halfway through the place started filling up with an older crowd(all dolled up). We realized they were having a dance or something in the adjoining room. Very weird for a restaurant to have so many people standing around waiting while you're trying to have a conversation with friends. It seemed like a creepy pick-up joint. Then we asked to order dessert, since we were still hungry from not eating our terrible meals! They responded no dessert but, there was a Putnam Pantry down the street. Seriously?

8 Thank dmbfan322
New York, NY
“Great and Friendly Atmosphere for a solo dinner.”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I really enjoyed the food and the friendly atmosphere at the bar. Really friendly hosts, good selection of beer and great food, made my evening. The calzone was amazingly huge (half of it was lunch for next day) great stories told by the bartender and the chef were fun to hear.

• Visited March 2012