“Food, always fresh and cooked right.”

Hardcover Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My best friend and I have gone to most of the higher priced steak houses but this night we went back to an old one that we tend to forget about. Ok I had the stuffed shrimp and I have to say it was so good the stuffing was light and fluffy and the taste of it was just excellent.
My friend got the swordfish and she raves about it everytime she goes. The salad bar is always clean and the veggies are freash and tasty.
We were tended to with such care, the wait staff is so good.
After we eat we stay and chat for an hour no one bothered us to leave or made us feel that we shouldnt be there so long.
Of course it was a Monday at 5 so it wasnt too busy. The atmosphere at the Hardcover,is very warm and inviting.
As we were leaving I saw the poster for Thanksgiving dinner, we do go out for that meal with my sister and her husband each year. I called today to make that reservation. Not to worry I am sure we will have a nice turkey dinner, and I dont have to wash and clean up the kitchen!!!!

1  Thank Maxine
There are newer reviews for Hardcover Restaurant

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hardcover was once a place of great quality, service and value, none of that is now true. The last 2 times I've been there we have sent steaks and other menu items back for improper cooking or taste (Quality. This past Saturday we ordered the 12oz Filet Mignon which I swear was sirloin. It was cooked well done and absolutely terrible. I asked for some au jus but it didn't help. The waitstaff and manager could not have been nicer and removed it from the bill without question. I think I can scratch this place!!!

3  Thank skiyuh
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had an excellent dinner and service was impeccable. Staff was extremely efficient and pleasant. Each of three meals were all wonderful and presentation was great. We had the lobster pie, the filet mignon and the lamb. Their salad bar is excellent. It is fine dining and you pay for that, but it is worth it. Drinks are terrific and wine list is extensive and very good. Sitting by one of the fireplaces now in the fall and the winter is also a plus. I think they had three, one in each dining area and one in the bar that is really set up nicely. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone not having a wonderful dining experience at this jewel of a restaurant. I have eaten here in the past and have never, yes never, been disappointed. It is definitely a place to go when you have a celebration and they go out of their way to make it special.

1  Thank iloveparadise321
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Be prepared to be surprised at the fine dining you will experience at this busy rt. 1 restaurant. We had beef Wellington and crab stuffed baked haddock. Both were superb. The salad bar was fresh and crisp with veggies, cheese and bread as well as the usual accompaniments. It is especially festive during the holidays in Dec. Would recommend sitting in the bar with massive lit fireplace, floor to ceiling windows looking out on a huge lighting display created for your holiday enjoyment. They also have birthday specials if you go there on your birthday.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Place is my farorite, everything you get is good. they also have the best salad bar. I think it's priced right I dont mind paying as long as the food is good