“Adequate” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Melbourne, Australia
“Adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here because all other accommodaation further north was booked out. We got the last room (which was a smoking room), but they did point this out and showed us the room before we stayed. The motel was basic but clean with two double beds.An adequate breakfast was included. We paid $105 per night which was reasonable given that other motels were booked out and more expensive.

Room Tip: It is off the road so all rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cjsway, General Manager at Knights Inn Boston/Danvers, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review, we certainly do appreciate all our reviews to help us do better everyday!
We look forward to having you as our guests in the future!
Cynthia and Staff of Knights Inn Danvers, Ma.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Riverside, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The room was nice and clean and comfortable.
The office persons solved a BIG problem. We had planned this trip with sister and husband. He was ill and so we had to cut back to one room. We booked online with a company that searches out low prices and demands payment in advance. I won't say who, but when you see an actor spokesman who used to run the starship Enterprise, I will let you guess. This company made the doctor call to allow cancellation. They cancelled both rooms. So we had a blank. Pam called the company and found out that they reinstated one room but did not bother to tell Knights Inn. We did get the last open room in the hotel. These office people are great. That the room was good was a bonus. Also the continental breakfast was Aplus.

Follow up - Credit card bill charged us for two rooms. We have to let AMEX fight this one. This has nothing to do with the hotel but is a warning about the prepay companies.

Room Tip: The motel is located on the down side of a hill. You have to look hard to find the driveway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank You! We do appreciate our guest taking their valuable time to write a review!
We were very happy to help you out a bad situation and make it good for you!
We look forward to having you as our guests in the future.
Boothwyn, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not my first time in Danvers , but my first time at Knights Inn.
On previous visits i had stayed down the street at Motel 6 , on this visit however my niece chose this place to stay after a day in Gloucester before heading to Salem.
My room was clean , comfy bed , the a/c was on prior to my arrival (yes!) , there were ample towels and the bathroom was also clean. There is a continental breakfast in the morning with ok coffee, juice and some pastries.
I visit Salem often and alot of times (especially in October) it is hard to secure a hotel/inn in town if you did not book way in advance ...... Danvers is a very short drive into Salem (or Boston) and the rates here are very affordable . This for sure is my 'new' spot to spend the night when needing a place in Danvers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,
Thank you! We know your time is valuable and we appreiciate your review!
We try everyday to make our guests stay a good one.
We look for to having you as our guests inthe future.
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

i just returned from a great stay at this knights inn.i work in the hotel field so i read all the reveiws good and bad,and i must say i was impressed. with this motel, the desk clerk was very friendly(sorry didn't get her name) the room was very large and roomy was very clean (i really checked everywhere) bug free!!! finding the knights inn was a breeze(lol with a gps) didn't use the pool but it was very clean.the breakfest was very simple but plenty. and the desk clerk recommended to us a really good place that delivered to our room give tom's a try .as i write this we are planing to book a room for halloween!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank de4e3
Hello,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review! Myself and our Staff look forward to all of the reviews!
We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future!
Germantown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We always seem to gravitate to this motel, mostly because of cost and location. It is close to Cape Ann and under an hour to New Hampshire & southern Maine. It was definately better than the last time we stayed here in Sept of 2010. Staff seemed more attentive and really cared about you being happy & satisfied than we had experienced in the past. Our room had a refrigerator but no hairdryer. Everything was clean and other than the room NOT having enough electrical outlets, I have no real complaints. As with most establishments these days, There was WiFi. My hsb & I shared a Queen sized bed (or was it King...?) and my teenage dtr slept on a pull out sofa. The shower had plenty of hot water and getting additional linen/towels was never as issue. The continental breakfast was average and except for running out of half & half (which they fixed rather quickly), it served the purpose. The cost per night was under $80.00, prepaid & booked online through a travel website.The room was received as expected without any last minute changes or surprises. The pool is clean and pleasant. The location is alittle tricky to get to due to the way the highways are in this part of Massachusetts, but after alittle practice, I knew exactly which exit to take off of I 95 to reach the motel. There is a restaurant/Bar within walking distance at the top of the hill (the motel is behind it & down the hill) and there are pharmacies, grocery stores, gas stations and other restaurants close by. If you take Rte 1 north to Ipswich, there is a great beach there (Crane beach) and it will only take you about 25-30 minutes or less to reach. Incidently, there is a Sonic Drive In several miles south on Rte 1 that is open 24 hours for those of you who get hungry at odd hours (like me!). This is probably the 4th or 5th time we have stayed here over the past 10 years and I would not hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review, we certainly do appreciate it!
We appreciate your repeat business and wwe strive daily to do better for our guests than the day before.
We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.
Winter Haven, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you're looking for a fancy hotel or motel, do not expect it here.
However, if you are looking for something that has a log cabin feel, an old town with real keys (and not cards where your ID and personal information can be stolen,) then this is adequate.
No bed bugs.
Lots of clean towels.

Room Tip: Choose the one at the same level as the front office.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,
We thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review.
Our staff looks forward to them to help us all do better everyday.We appreciate your business.
Massena, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked a room for 2 nights with 2 queen beds. When I checked in nothing was said I went to my room to find 2 double beds. I called the desk and they didnt have any queen rooms available. To their credit they called local hotels for me but to no avail They did however give me the 2 nights free. I found the main room pretty clean and a bit dated the telephone had a layer of what looked like butter on it for the 3 days I was there. The bathroom stunk when we arrived and was very dark and the fan didn't work. It looked like it was last remodelled in the 60's or 70's. I went to the ice machine to get ice and it didn't work so I asked the desk guy for help, he took the cover off to figure out the problem and the inside where the ice was made was covered with dirt and mold. It looked more like a fish tank filter than a ice machine. I left with no ice (not that I would have used it then anyway). There was a mouse trap next to the ice machine. The room above us the floor squeeked so badly that it would wake us up if someone walked across the floor.

Room Tip: Pick any other hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review.
We are here to take care of our guests and Unfortunately we did not meet your expectations.
We do not have Non Smoking Queen Bedded Rooms only Double Bedded Rooms but the website had not corrected that issue and for this we apologize. The only 2 Queen Bedded Rooms we do have is Smoking Rooms.
I amsorry I could not get you moved toanother Hotel as you stated I called everywhere local and they too only have 2 Double Bedded Rooms.
Sometime we do miss the mark with a new Housekeeper and I spoke with the Housekeeping Staff on your issue. If something is not right at a hotel please contact the desk immediately so it can be made right. You should have no frustrations from a hotel.
We appreciate your business.
Cynthia and Staff of Knights Inn

Travelers are raving about these Danvers hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Courtyard Boston Danvers

Been to Knights Inn Boston/Danvers? Share your experiences!