“Filthy!”

Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've stayed in some major fleabag dumps in my time, but this place takes the cake!

The lobby was dirty, but at least the receptionist was friendly. The elevator was old, filthy, scary, and missing a ceiling panel. The hallway was laden with fresh cigarette smoke, which drifted freely into the non-smoking room all night, making it impossible to sleep. The carpets had not been vacuumed in weeks. Besides the crumbs, dirt, and debris,it had scary purple stains all over. Cigarette burns through all our sheets and blankets provided nice ventilation throughout the night. Hair awaited us in the bathroom shower.

Prior to booking, I had read all the horrific reviews of this dive, but figured people must have been exaggerating, or must have set their standards at an unrealistically high level. Haha. Nope. They were right. This place is the pits. I'd rather have slept in a barn. Unfortunately, it was the only place within 50 miles where we could stay for under $140 a night.

The only good things that came from this stay were the laughs. (Because if you're not laughing, you're crying.)

Room Tip: Request to not be blocked in room 222, unless you want to investigate the purple carpet stains.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kenneth N

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Was on a road trip across the states with the boyfriend. We stayed here as a very low budget option. What we paid for is what we got. A very bare room, but helpful staff who printed out directions to the aquarium for us. We didn't have very hopes for the hotel so we weren't too disappointed. Only issues we had was with the wifi - never worked. In room telephone didn't allow us to charge international phone calls to our room or credit card.

Room Tip: Remember when you pay less then 70$ a night, the room is probably not going to be good. So either ac...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Claim that they are Wifi..... but no..... internet is sooooo weak, it doesn't work. So frustrating. Nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. room had not been vacuumed...yuck.... no glass for water to brush my teeth, no hairdryer.....its like camping.... low class people seem to live there.... you pay for what you get.

Room Tip: good luck if you are a nonsmoker.....smoke reeks in the hallways and nonsmoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but Motel 6's kingsize bed was by far the most comfortable of my week's travels in the Boston area, at less than half the price. Good air-conditioning, sound-proof., about a half hour from the airport in non-rush hour traffic, double that at rush hour. Best value .

Room Tip: Worth it to get a room with a king-size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Being a national chain I expected more however as most of the other reviews were correct. Here are just a few of the problems:
1. Bedding was dirty upon arrival, and obviously so.
2. Bathroom had only 1 towel and it was a hand towel, you could however pay for more.
3. Power went out some time on our second night there, it was a "localized brown out' however on further investigation the only area affected was the hotel itself. Only when I got forceful with the desk staff did they call in maintenance who rectified the problem shortly after he arrived, 4 hours after the "brown out".
4. Smoking and non smoking rooms appeared to be mixed, there was a pervasive smell of cigar and cigarette smoke in the hallways.
5. Pool was cloudy and was heavy with algae on the sides.
Budget hotels I understand this one is too much so.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Exterior looked nice. Checked in; 10 minutes later asked for a new room due to burn holes in bedding of both beds: sheets, blankets, comforters Second room just as bad.
I knew it was a low budget hotel but no excuse for burn holes in the comforters, blankets and sheets of both beds again, hair in bathroom towel, hair in drain of bathtub and big stain on bathroom floor, window did not work correctly, dead bolt broken. Both rooms smelled heavily of disinfectant, tv very old, no clock, rugs worn, hallways & elevators dirty and scratched Would not have stayed but needed to rest, surrounding hotels full
Pool was ok and front desk person was nice.
waste of money

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel I was in 2 rooms, both horrible
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I checked in and got a room. Ordered some delivery food and proceeded to relax for the evening. I notice a foul urine smell while in the room. I was curious and investigated a bit. I found that the odor was coming from the second bed in the room.I called the front desk and they did offer to put me in another room imediately. My co worker who had been sitting on the urine refused so I ended up getting a refund and going to another hotel.
When i returned home I did file a complaint with Motel 6 regional. I recieve a generic responce the next day apologizing.
I have stayed at this Motel 6 well over 20 times in the past few years along with 20 more times at other motel 6's while working.
I feel very let down and disappointed with Motel 6's complaint department. They are not customer oriented and really could care less If I ever use a motel 6 ever again.
Bottom line. I will pay more else where and never ever use a motel 6 again because the ten dollar savings isn't worth urine odors, bed bugs or just plain old disregard of customers complaints

Room Tip: Dont accept a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nhfisherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 9 in Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore

Been to Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers? Share your experiences!