“Manager Needs to know how to deal with people”

Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I talked with the M.O.D. I told her that I was not happy with my room because of blood on my sheets and she told me that she had no more rooms. When I told her that I wanted my money back she put me on the do not rent list as I found out on my way back home and it was the only place left with rooms.
I would sleep in my car first before I ever go back. I

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dustin P

Reviewed April 22, 2012

First of all, let me say that no one I know stays at a Motel 6 and expects it is the Plaza Hotel! It is a cheap, comfortable place tlo stay. That being said, I had no issues with the one in Danvers. Was a little worried after some fo the bad reviews, but decided to keep my reservation. The front desk staff was super friendly, and even offered to let me look and have my choice of rooms. Our room was clean, smelled clean, and had comfy beds. Their was limited cable, but we had HBO and HBO2, so there was always at least a movie to watch! Took my son to the pool, and the pool house was clean and warm, and so was the water (and I am wimpy!) We played in the pool for around an hour. Had no problems that night - comfortable, quiet sleep. Would stay here again because it was so close to Boston, had all kinds of options for dining and gas right in the area, and was about 1/2 the price of a hotel actually in Boston.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights - no complaints about our rooms. Bedroom and bathroom were very clean, excellent wifi connection, microwave and frig were clean and both worked, tv had many channels and 2 hbo channels, and plenty of hot water for baths. I would give this motel a 3 rating but found the staff to be very helpful, especially Kitty who checked us in and was very very busy.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This place was the first place I could find while I was en route from ME to Boston to get me closest to my morning stop. What a complete S-Hole. I wouldnt recommend this place to an enemy. The floor had some weird nasty stains, the towels had hairs in them the bed was uncomfortable and the sheets were dirty. Now I know next time Im traveling that way Ill avaoid this place at all costs. Id rather go over my hours of driving and risk getting fined then stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not go here for a "good" room!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dan F
Reviewed January 4, 2012

One simple sentence to say about this motel 6 in Danvers, MA.............BED BUGS..........Never stay there, never!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Nikki L
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I recently put an employee and his significant other up in this property for the night so that they might make an early morning meeting. The whole experience was a horror show.

When I went into the lobby to register them it was a parade of drunks and trailer park rejects. Some low-life, possibly a hotel employee, started to hassle my employee's lady friend apparently making the mistaken assumption that any woman in the facility must be a hooker.

I was advised that the bed linens were stained and that the blankets were a study in cigarette burns. The electrical outlet in the bathroom was broken and, if one were reaching in the dark for a light switch, presented a serious shock hazard as it was essentially a hole in the wall with live copper busses.

Overall the place was the summation of all of the reasons that I try to avoid Motel 6's when travelling. The place was a dump.

We did respond to the automatic "how was your stay" survey and got the equally automatic "we're sorry your stay was less than perfect" response back. Really? Did they expect a five-star review?

Room Tip: Tip for finding a good room? Try a different property.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank projectorfixer
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I must honestly admit that I was disappointed. Could have been my mistake, but I swear I asked for a fridge in my room...didn't get one. The pool that I was told on the phone was indoors and heated was indeed indoors, but quite cold. I asked for tub and shower...and got it, but there was no way to plug the tub for a soak. I was excited by the websites claims of newly renovated rooms, but my room had tattered carpet.
Sounds awful so far but I have to end on a good note. Despite working in a hotel that is obviously older and maybe a bit rough, the staff does a wonderful job of keeping the place clean. My rooms was space but clean and fresh. New sheets every day! Everyone was very polite as well.
The shining star of my stay was Andrew, a very gentle spirited young man working at the desk when we checked in. As I waited to check in there was a woman ahead of me in line who was what I call a "chronically unhappy customer". She was unhappy about her room, her computer, her boyfriend and everything else she could think of. She spoke to Andrew in such a terribly ugly way that it made me feel for him. There was nothing short of a million dollars cash that could have made this woman happy. Andrew was such a pro...calm, cool,collected and even friendly in the face of this woman's tirade. This employee should be promoted and given a raise (or combat pay). He has much to teach others about conflict resolution and how to deal with people who refuse resolution. This woman's attacks continued throughout the day whenever I was in the lobby, but Andrew never lost his cool. Awesome!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank divinemissmelody
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere

Been to Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers? Share your experiences!