“The elephant above”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
afton
“The elephant above”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel is very clean and convenient to all MA attractions.
Employees all helpful.
Boston, Salem, Gloucester a nice easy drive.
Weird entrance if coming from south or east.
Only problem, guest above us walked like an elephant.

Room Tip: next time definitely a fourth floor room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lynn N, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the noise issue you encountered. I am happy to hear that the majority of your stay was enjoyable! Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Boston for business. We reserved this hotel before we arrived after looking at prices of Boston hotels. It was great! The negatives-the oder, it smelled like stale cigarette smoke in the hall and in the room and breakfast ends at 9:30.
The room was clean and VERY spacious! We loved having a mini kitchen. The bathroom was bright and spacious. The bed was very comfy. When back in the area we will stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank photogirl02
Lynn N, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you stay was not the perfect experience for you. We are so thankful for your comments regarding your stay with us. We will review the issue you had with the smoke smell in the room. We are a smoke free hotel. We are currently revisiting our breakfast hours to possilby extend them. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Danvers over Memorial Day We of the seaside villages we wanted to visit. It is a short drive to Salem and Marblehead. Justekend. The room was very comfortable and clean. The location of the property is central to many a little longer drive to Gloucester, but well worth the few minutes more to drive there.
I would recommend this property to anyone wanting to visit Salem, Marblehead, Gloucester or other town in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorna Y
We want to thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments on your experience with us are very important. We are always looking to enhance our guest experience. Thank you for staying with us we hope to see you again soon.
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel place is really quiet, nice and has swimming pool and very nice.
I checked in on April 27 2014 Sunday evening around 6 PM Eastern.
I had a wonderful experience. I really loved this place.The lady who was working late night-she was kind enough at3:21 AM , since my flight was at 5:00 AM.

She went out of the way
-to bring the receipt within few seconds.. Not kidding
-she was on the spot.
Very kind
-very pleasant
-positive and said i will catch the flight

even small seconds would cost my flight delay ..i was really far off and i had to be at work ..otherwise I would have got delayed to work.

Anyhow, I did not get her name.

This was the person who worked

April 28'2014
Monday
3:00 AM to 3:45 AM -whomsoever workedI did not ask her name.

2.This hotel people- all the cleaning or house keeping they say were real friendly -they greeted while entered- it was surprising -they were leaving at 5 pm but they were kind to say hi and very nice of them.

These people make a good quality work as a Marriott Staff -TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore- did a great job.

Room Tip: Reach out to people like Managers or person who works in the night-she can get quiet side and same f...
Green Features: It is nice place for environment friendly atmosphere while they all wanted to go GREEN
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank saisriorl
Lynn N, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so very much for your very kind review. We love the opportunity to make a guest stay special. Our mission is for every guest to have a fabulous visit. We will be sure to celebrate the wonderful service you received with our team with a special thank you to Karen the associate who assisted you. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Boston.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I loved it here. This place was a lifesaver. If you are looking for somewhere reasonably priced to stay for an extended time (or not for an extended time, I suppose) look no further! It is wonderful here! The rooms are roomy with plenty of closet space, catered to those who are planning to stay for awhile. The staff is super friendly and helpful and accommodating-- they helped me so much w/ extending my stay each time, free printing at the front desk, etc. The maid service is excellent. The breakfast is awesome and free. The internet is fast, and free, esp. fast if you are a platinum member. Parking is free and never an issue. No problems w/ the heat and air conditioning. And, again, the cost is super reasonable. Location is great, with easy access to highways and (surprisingly) I didn't hit much traffic coming from this direction. I lived here for 5 months and it saved my life. I especially loved Marleni, who works at the front! It was a warm, cozy place to live and I always felt at home here. I relocated from the state but its one of the things I will miss most about Massachusetts! I cannot stop talking about this hotel and recommending it to family and friends :) Also the beds are suuuper comfy!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building if you can. It makes it much more convenient to have easy access to...
Green Features: Good! If you don't want new towels, you just hang up your old towels.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We so appreciate you taking the time to share you experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. It was wonderful to have you for such a nice long stay it was a pleasure getting to know you. You are officially part of our TownePlace Suites family!
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This place was the best .Everyone was nice and friendly.Rooms where great. Maids did a great job. Anything you need they help . Front desk people where always nice. We stayed there for about 6 months .Never had a problem. You couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Davidtbender
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights on a visit to the area. We've stayed at other hotels before but decided to give this one a try. The rooms were clean and were nice enough but you could hear everything happening in the halls and rooms surrounding. The breakfast was nothing special but they did have a large assortment of cereals, which is pretty much what we stuck to.

For the most part the staff was friendly but they were not overly eager to help when we needed something. The answer was usually no, we don't have any or something along those lines as opposed to other hotels where they always respond let me check for you.

All in all it was a fine experience but we are not eager to return and will probably explore other options.

Room Tip: Stay in the building with the front desk
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beachtravelerrrr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#3 of 9 in Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers? Share your experiences!