“Long term stay..” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Long term stay..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Been here 3 times since this hotel is assigned by my company. First 2 times was great. As been assigned in the same room twice. But for the third time, not that lucky as the hotel is fully book.

Pros
Nice and big room
Big kitchen but some utensils need to be replace (dirty and filthy)
Location wise pretty near to supermarket + boston city (but you need a car)
Since it's a B&B, the breakfast is alright. They served cereal and muffins.
Also they have in house gyms
Very friendly staff

Cons.
On my third visit, my room is near to a room that bring their dogs. So a bit smelly.
The breakfast need to have more variety..
Found a car that have a broken windows in the car park. So not really feel safe. Need more security.

Either then that, it's a nice place to stay. Since I dont really have a choice

Room Tip: choose the room opposite the office..better..
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kazama82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I spent 4 nights here and would definately recommend it to anyone looking for a basic room with a kitchenette. We loved having the refridgerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The bed was comfortable as was the couch. The staff was very friendly and they were very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. The room was very clean as were the outside areas.

My only complaint was that they forgot to tell us there was a complimentary continental breakfast so for the first 3 days we ended up going out to eat. We were also surprised that they don't have any rooms with King size beds. The free wi-fi was a plus too. The neighborhood was great, close to a lot of restaurants and also close to Boston. For anyone planning on visiting the Boston area, this is a good choice and much cheaper than staying in Boston proper.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie G
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We reserved at the TownePlace suites in Danvers simply because it was pet friendly and near to Salem. We didn't expect much as the price was very reasonable for a room with kitchenette. Boy were we pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and the kitchen fully equipped. The staff were very friendly and the surrounding area was peaceful and included green spaces for the dogs.

Just a word of advice - the hotel was a little difficult to find initially so I suggest mapping the location out before you go.

Would we return. You bet!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lottie543
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The kitchen was fully equipped - good for families. The drive to Boston is about 35 minutes, and the price is right! Our GPS said we had reached the destination a short way down the road in front of someone's house - so beware of that!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GlobelGirl
Hudson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 2 years and this hotel is the best in the area. I was reading this and I dont this this would happen at this hotel and if it did happen. You can bet that the two managers did all they could for you it is always claen and the get one of the best scores around the area. You can come and stay thier and not worry about this event you can make sure they have taken care of it... Mal....

Room Tip: If you want clean and good service stay here
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mel125
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I had booked a room and planned to stay here for several weeks. We were given room 411 and our first impression of the room was decent. However, due to the carpet in front of the air conditioner being soaked, we were moved to another room (413). This is where our problems really began. My husband and I found four bed bugs in the room (the first one in the bathroom, the second one on the bed, the third one on our luggage, and the fourth one in the kitchen). We informed the young man at the front desk who did not believe us at first, even though we looked up pictures of bed bugs on the internet and it was identical to the bug we found on the bed. That night, we switched rooms for the second time and were up until 3 am trying to disinfect our stuff. The next morning, I wanted to talk to the manager (she had refused to get on the phone with me the night before to discuss the issue). After I tracked her down, she told me an exterminator would be coming that day. Around 4 pm, the exterminator finally showed up and indeed confirmed that there were bed bugs in room 413. He was a nice man and checked our new room, which made me feel a little more comfortable. The hotel also offer to dry clean all of our clothes for us, free of charge. However, the next morning, I found bed bug feces on my chihuahua's blanket which was on the bed. I was very upset at this point and went to talk to the managers again. They basically told me that they had done all they could. The general manager, Roberto, acted like he was a bed bug expert and only made the ordeal more frustrating. We vacated the hotel after five days of putting up with this. In the end, we threw away our luggage and many other personal belongings that may have been contaminated with bed bugs. This cost us a substantial amount of money, which the hotel did not seem to care about or even recognize. They acted as if dry cleaning our clothes meant they were going above and beyond. In my opinion, that was the very minimum they should have done!!! I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
23 Thank Angelo H
Noida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had been touring the US for about 20 days and finally decided to stay at peace at this wonderful hotel. stayed there for 6 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. It was worth every penny we had spent in there. the suite was beautifully designed with ample space. Regarding the service well there was nothing much to offer (not that I am complaining. its a limited service hotel) but whatever service was there it was provided with a genuine courtesy. The staff was really helpful. its a two thumbs up for them.

The only thing that I can nit pick is that the sofa bed wasnt that comfortable. But its just a thing that I can wishfully ignore. Great hotel and hopefully will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sidney_jec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers? Share your experiences!