DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Besides some issues with certificate redemption, the hotel was great. Would recommend for families, Coco keys is great, however the food is not that great and overpriced. Better to eat outside the hotel, unless you are using the Main restaurant or lounge.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2015

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the team. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Excellent value.. Love having the executive lounge available early and the Olympic size pool is a first - excellent work out facility The lobby area is always welcoming and staff very friendly. The rooms have always been exceptionally clean and comfortable. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Sharon, thank you for your feedback, which I have shared with our team. We appreciate your business, and are glad you take full advantage of our amenities like our Executive Lounge and our on-site Atlantis Sports Club. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable the next time you are here. As you have experienced, our staff is more than happy to help!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had a great time at the Doubletree Hotel and water park. My grandchildren had such a ball and we stayed overnight. They gave me 3 rooms. two joining and the other next to them, so the children could go between rooms. They spent hours at the water park. It was a great experience.

1  Thank Lois D

Lois, thank you for sharing your comments. How special that you got to enjoy a fun-filled weekend with your grandchildren here at our hotel and CoCo Key Water Park. It is our goal to provide a fun-filled family experience and lasting memories. We hope you will make it a new tradition!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My room was absolutely disgusting with stains all over the carpet. My bed was sunken in and the heater and ac woke me up every time it turned on. I'm not to sure why anyone would consider staying there unless its business and or family going to coco keys. I feel this hotel should be entirely thankful to that water park. I did like the cookie considering the many children that arrive that's smart thinking.

1  Thank Maria V

Maria, thank you for sharing your candid feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues you encountered in your guest room. We aim to be very vigilant in this area because we know that a clean and comfortable stay is of the utmost importance for all of our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so that this situation does not happen again. If you have any further clarification or concerns you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 5 and 3 year old for the water park. Our check in process was so quick, we were able to get in right away. Our room was great, UNTIL around 8:30 pm returning from the waterpark getting my kids ready for bed, it seriously sounded like a circus was in the room next to us!!! I could hear EVERYTHING that was being said. There was atleast 20+ people in that room, and roaming the halls. It was very aggravating, but realizing it was late, I put my kids tv on to mask the noise (WHICH DIDNT WORK!!!) as I was walking back to my side of the room I smelled a strong odor of smoke, the *neighbors* were on their balcony smoking... Which was coming right into my room. By this point I had, had enough so I went right to the front desk and requested Someone speak with the people in this room, the front desk staff alerted security.... I felt relievd that this would be taken care of... I heard security knock on their door and tell them they were being way too loud..... I watched the security man walk away CLEARLY still hearing how loud these people continued to be!!! soooooo dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Kadiey12
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I’m so sorry your family experienced noise issues during your stay. As a parent, I can understand your frustrations. You did the right thing by asking the front desk for assistance. Our staff works to ensure that each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay, and we regret that you experienced a noise level that made your family's stay unpleasant. (And yes, we are a Non-Smoking hotel). Our Security guard informed your neighbors that if we received any further calls regarding their room that it would result in a smoking fine and an eviction. I am sorry to hear, however, that the situation did not improve / was not resolved to your satisfaction. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area as we are eager to make your stay with us the best experience possible. Thank you.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'm really liking this hotel. It's been growing on me the more I stay there. The staff is very friendly. OK-- so they didn't have any cookies when I got there. Shame on them, but I don't go for the cookies anyway. They do have a very nice executive club lounge on the 7th floor. My room this time was 2 doors down from the lounge which made it great for breakfast and evening snacks. They seem to also be doing a monthly managers reception where they have free wine & beer for a couple of hours.
The main feature I like is the full service gym/ health club. Lots of equipment and options. Also has a spa where you can get a massage or a facial, etc. This would also be a nice hotel for a corporate sponsored event. They have a waterpark and other sports areas. The location is very secure, but not within walking distance of anything other than the North Shore College.
My colleagues and I also ate at the restaurant. The food is a bit pricey, but of very high culinary quality. Very good portions and friendly service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dave, thank you so much for your feedback, which I have shared with our team. I am happy to hear that our staff, service and amenities all make for an enjoyable stay. We value your business and look forward to hosting you again soon. And I promise we will have a warm, freshly-baked signature DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie awaiting when you return!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My family went for a birthday party at the hotel, followed by an evening at the water park and stayed overnight. First, booking the room was a nightmare. We had reserved several rooms for the party but there was confusion about the rate and getting rooms together for all in the party. My siblings and I probably spent over 3 hours on the phone with the hotel between us figuring it out. The hotel did a great job with the party room and the food was great. Our hotel room only had decaf coffee. CoCo Keys was very fun for the kids, but super expensive! Very nice fitness facilities and pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Aimee, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you had in booking your rooms. But glad to hear your family enjoyed your experience at CoCo Key and your birthday party. That's great that you also took advantage of our on-site Atlantis Sports Club and pool. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
Courtyard Boston Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!