DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Quartz Hill, California
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in June. Staff was cordial and the rooms were spacious. Beds were very comfortable as well. We traveled to Boston daily and the commute is worth the price difference from a downtown Boston hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! At the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, we are committed to provided exemplary customer service levels. We are very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again when you are next in the Boston area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
edinburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had looked hard to find a good hotel near Boston (that was not to expensive). Unfortunately we ended up staying at the Doubletree. On arrival we were put into a supposed family "suite" with teen beds. The room actually had two beds that only an oompahloompah could sleep in. Moreover the room was musty. We were provided with an alternative queen room by the front desk but when we went to it, the room stank of cigarette smoke. Again the front desk provided us with a replacement room. What we then discovered was that the aircon made a pretty good impression of a 747 landing at Logan, thus making sleep almost impossible. Overall the hotel was gloomy, soulless and poor value for money. The complimentary breakfast which the front desk offered for our inconvenience was at best average and served by staff who were not really interested. Just to add insult to injury, there was neither fridge nor hairdryer in the room and the corridors were littered with trash and dirty sheets and the tv kept cutting out - overall one to avoid and not a good advertisement for the Doubletree brand:we checked out after only one night.

2 Thank mbcEdinburgh
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us; it provides us with the opportunity to improve. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication regarding the family suites; as you noted, the youth beds in the Family Suites are for very young children as they are only 4 feet long. Please accept our humble apologies for the challenges that you encountered with your rooms; this is not typical of our hotel and we will use your feedback to help us prevent such a recurrence in the future. We do hope that you will give us another chance when you are next in the area.
Pleasantville, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first time staying here. I normally stay in the Sheraton Colonial Check-in was handled efficiently and pleasantly. My room (on the 7th floor) was spacious, clean and well-equipped. I had dinner at the hotel bar; the meal was just about OK - fairly typical hotel food. Nothing wrong here at all, though it's also one of those hotels that you forget the moment you leave it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed the spacious and clean rooms at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore. We hope that you will choose us again when you are next in the area.
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I really had hoped this would be a great little weekend getaway for my family of four - two adults and two kids (2 and 5). Unfortunately, our one night stay was full of issues. Having stayed at many Hilton properties in the past, I was surprised this one had so many problems. First, the positive. The staff was all, without exception, very friendly, responsive and accommodating. We arrived early and were able to check in almost two hours in advance of the normal check-in time. The kids loved the pool and thought the "kid" rooms (aka "family rooms") were cool with the mini beds. We had a nice breakfast with an attentive and friendly waitress. They allowed us to stay an hour or so past checkout, which was also great, given that we were going to Coco Key in the morning. Now for the rest. When we got to our first room it had a "skunky" smell. We asked to be relocated to another room - which we were - and this room was much better. It should be noted that the family rooms appear to be in a much older section of the hotel and are a bit hard to find and quite a walk. There is also no elevator access to these rooms. A handwritten note, two stuffed animals and a gift card to the arcade was sent up to our room for the inconvenience, which was very thoughtful of the staff. As we were about to head down to check out the rest of the property, my daughter noticed toilet paper in the toilet (no one had used the bathroom yet) and so we decided to flush it down. With that, the toilet started to overflow, the bathroom smelled terrible and was clearly clogged. This was definitely something that housekeeping should have addressed when cleaning the room after the previous guest. We reported the problem to the front desk and it was promptly fixed. The next issue was that our key cards kept timing out and if we didn't use the key for several hours, we had to make the long trek to the front desk to have them recharged. Maintenance, again, promptly came to our room and he too had issues with his master key in the lock. That evening we filled to tub for the kids to take a bath and noticed that the water was a very noticeable yellow color. The kids we grossed out by this and wouldn't take a bath (I didn't blame them). The shower water didn't seem to have the same problem, but it did leak each time we used it. The property is older and seems in need of some freshening up and serious maintenance. The staff was great and is the best feature of the property. If you are planning to go to Coco Key, it is the nearest hotel and certainly provides easy access. For the prices, I expected a lot more.

Room Tip: The family rooms are nice but note the odd location. The exterior does not provide much light in the...
2 Thank bluebell98
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate you bringing the property issues to our attention as it provides us with the opportunity to correct them. We are very glad to read that our staff provided you with such friendly and punctual service; we do hope that you will try us again in the near future.
Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently got married in March of 2013. Our venue was in Topsfield and we thought Cocokeys/Hilton Danvers would be such a fun place to have a wedding block. I could not have been more wrong. They offered a competitive price and the sales team was nice to work with, with a few exceptions. I was told that my guests could be guaranteed early check in MULTIPLE TIMES by MULTIPLE PEOPLE but everytime our guests called in, they were told that early check in was not available. It took a great deal of correspondence and legwork on my end to secure early check in for my guests. To my surprise, the day of our wedding, we had SEVERAL GUESTS informed that their rooms were unavailable and wouldn't be available until 4pm (our wedding started at 4). We also provided gift bags for our guests which were to be distributed upon checkin (for an additional fee, which is ridiculous) but in any case, only half of our guests received the giftbags that we made. Upon checkin, we received poor feedback from 3 of our guests that their tubs/bathrooms were not cleaned properly (one had a backed up tub, gross!). The day we were checking out, the elevator broke and my poor maid of honor had to haul her luggage up and down 6 flights of stairs. One of the reasons that we chose Cocokeys was because we wanted our guests to be able to enjoy the water park with us the day after the wedding. We were given an incentive of 20% off by the sales team. However no one on the sales team thought it important to share with us that the water park has a capacity limit and sells out almost every weekend in the winter weeks ahead of schedule, so none of our guests were able to joint us that day. The most disappointing part of our stay was our experience with "Atlantis Health Spa" where we had our bridal hair and make up done. We figured we would use the onsite salon for hair/makeup for myself, my wife and our wedding party. I could not have been more disappointed with the services received. They were very difficult to reach, would often text me as their form of communication which is very unprofessional. They provided me with price list for hair and makeup but when our services were received, the prices had doubled! They charged me $120 for bridal makeup when their price list stated $65. They charged me and my wife almost double what we anticipated spending for our hair. Our bridesmaids were also very overpriced. They even charged me $10 to put on the false eyelashes that I purchased and brought in myself! As if that weren't bad enough to be overcharged on your wedding day, I was particularly offended at the fact that they refused to acknowledge that my wife and I are a gay couple. They continuously referred to my wife as my "friend." If you are a future bride, please do not use this vendor for your bridal services, you will regret it! No one with the sales team bothered to respond to my e-mail expressing my concern and asking for assistance in getting reimbursement from the salon. Very Very disappointed with our decision to book our wedding block with Hilton at Danvers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nichole m
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies that we were not able to provide you with the level of service expected from a DoubleTree by Hilton. We appreciate what a special occasion your wedding was and share your disappointment at our failure to make your day run more smoothly. Rest assured, representatives from the Spa at Atlantis will be in touch with you shortly to discuss how we can make up for your experience. We will do right by you. We truly hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the level of service that you deserve.
Northborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I want to thank Jessica Perkins for helping to arrange a coffee and bagel service the morning after my son's wedding over the 4th of July weekend. Our server was Alex and he was excellent, very friendly and attentive to all of our needs. It was a nice way to wrap up a wonderful weekend with friends and family.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank marie41743
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore. We are honored to have been a part of such an important family occasion. We agree with you that Jessica and Alex are superstar team members! We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you are next in the area.
new york, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

lack of fridge in room.We could not have cold waters or any items cold. Thought we would get passes to COCO KEYS WATER PARK AS WE WERE TOLD WHEN MADE THE RESERVATION. It was my birthday and we asked for an upgrade or maybe something complimentary but the staff had a package ready for me but it was for a 10 year old guest. Sorry no kids.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay and for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us. As you noted, refrigerators are not a standard room amenity; however, we are always happy to provide them as requested for a small service fee. In honor of your birthday, we did upgrade to you to the Executive floor, which includes upgraded amenities, complimentary appetizers and breakfast; in addition to this, we sent a birthday cake up to your room. Our staff also graciously put together a special gift for you; please accept our apologizes that we misunderstood your Father’s instructions during the booking process and mistakenly assumed that he was staying with an adolescent son, not that he was making reservations on behalf of an adult son. We also sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding the water park access; we are currently researching how this miscommunication could have happened and engaging our reservation agents in additional training. We are happy to tell you that we have invited your father and his grandkids for a day at CoCo Key Water Park. When you are next in the area, we do hope that you will give our property another chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Courtyard Boston Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!