“Worst customer service. DON'T GO HERE”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
boston, ma
“Worst customer service. DON'T GO HERE”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love the Hilton hotels. But this hotel should be removed from the Hilton line. Miriam at the front desk should be fired. I can't believe anyone would allow her to work in a business where she can interact with customers. I went into the hotel with the intention of making a room reservation and paying for my friends child's birthday party stay and buying tickets for the water park coco keys.

All I asked for was a total amount of the room, tickets, and tax. She literally gave me a dirty look, grunted and walked away from the front desk and never reappeared. The other staff member eventually came over after 5 minutes of me just standing there and asked if they could help and said oh, Miriam? Like they expected it from her. Why would you allow someone like that to represent Hilton? Or any company?

I called the next day to ask what the upgrade cost of the room would be and the lady that answered the phone said it was too loud in the lobby and hung up on me.

This hotel is not geared towards adults, business travelers, or anyone that wants any type of customer service. They think just because its tied to the water park, the parents are stuck coming here and because the kids want to be here, they can treat people however they want to. Don't expect anything and definitely don't expect the normal "Hilton service" you would normally get.

Guarantee I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. It is loud, no one watches the children, the staff is rude, and the place isn't even clean.

I will do everything in my power to convince this little girl to go somewhere else for her birthday next year just to make sure this hotel does not get my business again.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank appleontheroadagain
DTBOS_Mgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are surprised and saddened to read your review. Customer service is extremely important to us and we share your expectation that guests be treated courteously and assisted as swiftly as possible. We have shared your feedback with our management and staff and will work toward improvement in this area. Please accept our sincerely apologies. We really appreciate the time and effort that you took in sharing your feedback with us – thank you. We do hope that you will give us a second chance. When you are ready to return, please call Mariah at (978) 777 2500 so that she can personally make your reservation for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is the worst experience in my life. Nothing against the water park. The water park itself was nice. The hotel management is the worst ever. They overbilled my stay so I went to the front desk on the day of check out to fix it. I then received a corrected bill but then they still billed the wrong amount on my credit card. I tried to get in touch with the management many times to talk, however, everytime I was told that the manager is too busy so that she would get back to me which she never did. So I called the customer service and explained them what happened. I was then told that the hotel would get back to me whithin 3 days but that also never happened. I called the customer service again. Finally, they got in touch with the hotel and promised me that they will send me a check for reimbursement. I won't believe them until I see the check. But the most shocking thing is that the hotel management never bothered to get back to me till now to appologize for what has happened. Is this the way how to treat a customer ? Definetely not. I will definetely never ever go to this hotel again. If you decide to go, please make sure to check your final bill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe L
We are greatly discouraged to read about your recent experience with us. Our goal is to provide our guests with exemplary customer service, comfortable rooms and accurate bills. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered with your bill. Rest assured, we will do right by you. It is our understanding that guest assistance is currently in contact with you to resolve this matter. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to provide us for your feed back as it provides us with the opportunity for improvement.
South Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed there for one night and it was one too many. We had to move rooms because the pipes in the wall for the shower were so loud the walls shook. We got to the second room and it had the same problem. By that point we didn't want to switch rooms again. The Manager on Duty was fantastic. She gave us free room service breakfast the following morning...but room service didn't bring up the entire order! By that point we just ate and checked out. I would not go back and I wouldn't tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ktrask
Thank you for your praise of our fantastic Manager on Duty! We are always looking for ways to make our guests’ stays more comfortable. We are disappointed to read about the challenges that you had with your rooms and room service. We have shared your feedback with our management team and associates and will work toward solutions. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. When you are ready to return, please reach out to Mariah at (978) 777 2500, so that we can ensure that your next visit is extraordinary.
new hampshire
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this hotel and water park twice before this visit, the second visit was horrible but I must say the hotel has been newly redone and the customer service was fabulous! The room was very clean and the family room was adorable! My son and his friend enjoyed having their own space and tv. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave. They also loved the water park which this time around was very clean. Would we stay again? Definitely! With the changes in hotel ownership and the remodeling this place is a win. We look forward to visiting again during April vacation. Keep up the good work Doubletree ;)

2 Thank Kellyjo68
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for your awesome feedback! We are so glad that your family enjoyed the updates that we recently made to the hotel, especially the new King Family room type featuring two youth beds, one king bed, a refrigerator and microwave. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I planned our one night stay during school vacation to bring my 10 year old son to CoCo Keys as a special treat. I had purchased day passes so we arrived at the front desk at approx 11:00 only to check on where the entrance was for the waterpark I new check in was at 400 however Jeanette Comeau greeted me and checked on our reservations she asked if we didn't have a preference for bed size she had a family room available and that she could check us in immediately! I was extremely appreciative.I cannot tell you how ecstatic my son was when we opened the door and found he had his own little suite decorated appropriately for children with his own T.V.! Waterpark was as expected lots of fun.we also enjoyed watching Despicable Me in the theater room in big comfortable leather couches we felt like we were in our Livingroom.....relaxed! Dinner was good then we used the pool in the health club we saw Jeanette in the hallway and thanked her for such an awesome room she is quite an asset to your establishment she was genuinely happy my family loved our stay i have been telling everyone to stay there we will be back!
Thanks Jeanette!

3 Thank Zinableu13
We are so glad that we were able to make your stay special! Jeanette is a rockstar! Thank you for your great feedback on our new style of guest rooms! These King Family rooms are perfect for families with young children as they feature two youth beds in addition to a king size bed for the parents. We wish we could have seen your son's face when he entered the room! We cannot wait for you to visit us again!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during school vacation week - everything was just okay from the room to the waterpark to the food. Room never got cleaned 2nd day - finally went and found a maid and got my own towels. Restaurant food menu was very limited and over-priced. Woman Bartender looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there - Mike, the other Bartender, was very nice and attentive, however. Elevators were not working properly and I would say to avoid the stairs if possible - dark, dreary, didn't feel safe. For the money and value, I would most likely stay somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your praise of Mike, our bartender! We agree that he is an excellent addition to our team. We are saddened to read that the rest of your experience was not extraordinary; rest assured, we will share your feedback with our management and staff and work toward improvements.

Boston
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a standard Hilton with an exceptional water park and overall kids entertainment center attached. What was exceptional was the staff at this place which deals with tons of spoiled and bratty kids. They have a movie theater, arcade room and buffet breakfast and dinners for the kids. There is nothing wrong with the hotel but you're really going to entertain kids.. Felt bad for the business travelers who were overwhelmed by the families staying there during winter vacation. You should always try to get a cabana at coco keys which gets you a separate area rather than housing all the kids and your stuff at a table in the middle of the water park.. That was $125-150 / day well spent. The hotel has a great package which gives you 4 arcade cards, 4 buffet passes and 4 entries into the pool area.

1 Thank workhplayh
We really appreciate your high praise of our exceptional staff and water park! We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during February school vacation week and all of the special activities, like the movie theatre, that we provided. You’re right – the cabanas in the Water Park are great values! We look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#3 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!