“phenomenal service”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Danielson
“phenomenal service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our experience was excellent from the minute we arrived till the time we left. The service was impeccable,very courteous friendly and helpful people. It was an amazing and fun time for the whole family : ) And that's just the hotel part of it the indoor water park was awesome, I can just keep going on but I'm just gonna say I highly recommend this hotel to anyone,single,a couple or a family. Cant wait to comeback.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aide L
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Aide L,

Thank you for your kind comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our teams worked diligently during the blizzard to go above and beyond for our guests and I am thrilled to see that we were successful.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
BOSTON
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am deeply saddened and disturbed by my last stay at this hotel. I had been a guest here more than 100 stays, I remained through : Roof flooding my room, mice on the 8th floor, bedbugs in the cabana rooms.... But the worst was being sexually harassed by someone working at the hotel. Comments, phone calls ... uncalled for.....
I brought it to the attention of the front desk and was told "It is cultural, they are Latino" really? In what culture is that acceptable? and more disturbing is that the front desk can discard behavior based on nationality.
I checked out immediately and was told that management would contact me..... Did not happen... Only after I contacted Hilton corporate (who were as disturbed as I was) then a member of Hotel management send me an email... In the mail she stated that we knew each other and she hoped we could resolve this. (Mariah) Her mail went on to ask me to call her, I responded to the mail and called 4 times (over a few week span ) only never to even be acknowledged.
I am sad to say that the new "management style" of the hotel has degraded to writing off long term customers, accepting sexual misconduct, and using the offenders national origin as an excuse... Considering that a children's water park is attached to the property... SEXUAL MISCONDUCT IS EVEN MORE DIRE...
I cannot recommend...................

Room Tip: Higher floors= fewer children
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank BRENDA R
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Brenda R,

I am saddened and confused by your comments. I know that Mariah, our Operations Manager, has reached out to you and spoken with you about your concern and thought that this confusion was resolved. Obviously, this is not an acceptable practice and we have multiple safeguards in place to make certain this is handled with the utmost care for your safety and security, thus I am saddened and suprised to see your two star review on TripAdvisor.

Please reach out to Mariah at (978) 777-2500 and she will be able to assist you further.

Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2013

so tried to book a room for the weekend getaway with the family i called up and got a man who told me the price would be 129 per night ok fine i asked if the waterpark was included for staying guests he puts me on hold for 14 min and comes back and says yes so i book it i call a friend with kids tell him what im up to for the weekend he wants in he calls and gets a different price so i called back to just make sure i was set on the price they told me i was paying 139 and that i could not use the waterpark so i decide to cancel (this is all within a half hour ) they tell me they would have to charge me 129 dollars cancellation fee after a long and i mean hard argument they finally granted me my cancellation if they record there calls like they say they should of listened to my initial booking and honored their mistake for price of the park they lost 2 days of eating and drinking and staying never will try agian

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank brian d
Dear Brian D,

I apologize for the confusion regarding your reservation experience. We have put in place some excellent packages including our Ultimate Water Park Package and Basic Water Park Package to deter from future issues. Our third party companies, i.e. Expedia, will not have access to these packages and I would recommend calling 1800-HILTONS or the hotel directly at (978) 777-2500 and we will be delighted to assist you. We look forward to your future stays with us and please contact me if I may be of further assistance.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We planned an overnight stay and looked forward to it for over a month. The directions to get there were misleading and we got alittle confused, but no big deal. The hotel is nearly done being renovated which is nice, however there are no signs when your driving up as to where the main entrance is to check in. Again, we managed so not a big deal. The main lobby and check in desks are nice, the "atmosphere" is clean and pleasant and the staff checking us in we're very friendly and informative. (I wish I could rememver her name to give a shout out for good service). The warm cookies were a nice touch, and she even made sure we weren't allergic to nuts. I had read reviews prior to going so I knew we'd have some walking from the car to the room so we weren't surprised by the distance. The room was pleasant, nice size (besides the bathroom, which is so tiny the door almost touches the toilet when opening it) and the 2 added kids beds were nice to have. My kids thought they were very "cool"! The only complaint is that they are right at the door and hallway wall so if they are sleeping it can be disruptive. There was also a kids dresser and tv, however the tv wouldn't turn on 1/2 the time and when it did it wouldn't change to the menu to choose a channel. (We brought a portable DVD player so problem solved!). The tv for adults worked but would turn to very loud static quite frequently, so we didn't use it for long. The room was decorated nice, nothing special but pleasant and clean. The office chair was quite old and the seat was torn in several places. Because we were in the family suite we had a mini fridge & microwave which was great with the kids snacks. There was a coffee maker with nice coffee and tea but we didn't have any so not sure how it worked or if it was good. There were plenty of towels, pillows, blankets and also nice Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. The water didn't get "hot" but warm enough to be comfortable! There was a small fan in the bathroom but wasn't sure if it worked because there wasn't a switch. The lighting was fine, no switch when you first walk in, so your walking into the dark to find one. One big complaint is there were 2 electric outlets with plates that weren't attached, one by the king bed and the other inbetween the kids beds by the table. Having a 3 year old boy who loves to explore, I was worried he'd try to touch it. There was a full size iron and board, as well as hair dryer and alot of hangers and "starage" in the closet. We didn't use the ice machines so not sure how they were. Overall the hotel room was pleasant, the issues we had were minor and because we only stayed overnight weren't worth complaining to staff about. There wasn't anyone booked next to us (we were at the end so only shared one common wall), but when people walked in the hall we could hear them clearly. The package comes with 2 arcade cards as well as breakfast at the buffet. We were greated nicely and seated in a nice restaurant area. The breakfast staff were very nice and accommodating. The food was varied: cold cereal, muffins etc as well as eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries with peppers and onions, fresh fruit, a yogurt station with granola and others. The food was good and we all enjoyed it. Although it was included it was 18.95 pp if ordered separate with I personally thought was overpriced. The arcade was nice to have and my kids had fun. The woman working was very helpful and good with kids. She seemed to enjoy her job. The credits preloaded with the package gave them a ton of time to play. The water park was nice. The "night swimming" was cool the night before. There weren't too many people and lines were decent. We were able to get a table to enjoy during our time there, and towels can be requested at no charge. There were lockers for a fee ($6) but we left our things at the table and it was fine. The food was pricey and nothing special but convenient. We had the jumbo hot dogs which are huge and comes with fries as well as the chicken fingers and fries which were good too. There was never a huge line, the food was fresh, and plenty of condiments to help yourself to as needed. There was never a terribly long line for slides considering the park was sold out on the Saturday. The water was a bit cloudy however. I guess that's to be expected at a public attraction but still gross. The staff in the park were nice and friendly and often helpful with assisting my kids onto the slides and lazy river tube. There are so many parents that let there kids run wild as they sit reading, talking, drinking, or SLEEPING. I watched my 3 year old son (within arms reach) get pushed sereral times in the kiddie area by unsupervised children. The lifeguards however are very attentive and don't hesitate to blow their whistle and reinforce the rules. They also continuestly check the water and switch around jobs. It was nice to see as it got busier, more were on staff to assist. Some of the squirt guns were broken which annoyed my son! Overall fun but a workout chasing a kid who can't do much (the kiddie area is only entertaining for so long). Now 2 huge complaints. First there is only one family changing room and the locker rooms only have 3 shower stalls and no additional changing area other then the toilet stall which are wet from continuous use. With a large capacity it's easy for those to have long waits with antsy children. And 2....we all came home covered with a rash. We just went today so I'm hoping its just a "friction" rash but we'll see how it goes. I know it's "public" but it's gross. With the overnight package it wasn't worth the value. If your going for just the day it's better but make sure to reserve ahead of time because we watched a ton of families be turned away due to a sell out. We have a family of 4 with a 3 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter. It's definitely not for the smaller ones, he was exhausted by 3pm and bored. We did leave early because we had done everything. Plan ahead, read the reviews, and have fun, but shower right after!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Clearymomof2
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Clearymomof2,

I wanted to thank you for your kind remarks regarding the CoCo Key Water Park and youre experience at our hotel. The young lady at the front desk you speak so highly of is Mariah; I have passed on your "shout out". Your observation of the number of lifeguards and staff in the Water Park is appreciative as we take safety seriously as well as want to allow parents an opportunity to relax while we entertain their children. I am confused to see the title of your review as I see that you booked one of our discounted packages and you were so complimentary of our renovations, staffing, and service. I encourage you to contact me so that we may know what will make your next visit with us extraordinary.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed last night in preparation for a morning meeting. The hotel looked like it was newly renovated (confirmed by the staff). The main floor was gorgeous and my room was very handsome. I had a tasty salad down in the lounge and everyone was attentive.

The bed was a little soft for my liking, but that is very subjective. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed B
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Ed B.,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel. We have put immense effort into our redo and it is always nice to see positive feedback on our efforts. We look forward to having you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Andrew was the best from the time I spoke to him on the phone because mariah(front desk manager never returned either one of my two voicemails) until I checked out. He brings a fun but perfessional attiude. He went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure all the needs of my husband and I was met from food, water resort, arcade, our room, and even the pool. I wish he was going to be there on a permanent basis because I would come back every year. I would recommend this hotel for everyone from couples to familys because it was nice having everything you need without leaving the hotel. I want to thank you andrew once again for all your kindness.

The Mclemores.........

Room Tip: Ask for andrew he will take great care of you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hazelon
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. McClemore,

It was a delight getting to know you over your 4 day stay and we are thrilled that your experience were awersome. Ms. Mariah was out of town for your voicemails, so I apologize as I should have better managed that, but I assure you that she is considerably better than I. For all of the associates that had the pleasure of getting to know you including Cassaris and Kim, they say "hello"! Happy Birthday again Mr. McClemore and we look forward to having you back!
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Two adults and two children were in our party, when we checked in on the 19th of January, for a few hours at Coco Key (seperate review).
The entire staff at this hotel, that we met, were very courteous and attentive.
The first floor room was very clean with a king bed that was soft. The children's beds were very hard, but they managed. Next day's buffet breakfast was ample, but cold. Yes, this property could use some minor fine tuning, but a clean room, and a soft bed, is all this family needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas S
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Thomas S,

I am delighted to see that while you had some hiccups during your stay, that our staff was able to correct your issues and that they did it in such a professional manner. We look forward to having you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#4 of 9 in Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!