This hotel is being renovated and I recommend not staying there until they are closer to completion. The staff were friendly and the facility has obviously had a lot of work done to it, but it is not up to the Hilton service standards we have grown to expect. Specifically:
- for entire three days there the internet never worked in room, despite calling the Help number and telling the front desk. Network connection but error screen when trying to log in.
- it took five minutes to get luke- warm water and, on the third day, the water was initially yellow in color
- major issues with the elevators. one consistently had problems with the doors closing (door would open and close 3 times before elevator moved... left most elevator facing the bank). The last day there an alarm was going off in the elevator when we checked out.
- when turning on the shower it sounded like a huge pump activated behind the wall, literally shaking the wall. 'Sounded like someone was pounding on the wall with a sledge- hammer.
- the guy traveling with me had no desk lamp ion his room. In fact, generally the lighting was inadequate in what are nice big rooms.
- the constant presence of construction workers and noisy equipment in the public areas is to be expected during a major renovation but their occasionally loud conversations and shouting across rooms could be toned down. They must be on a tight deadline because work was going on when we checked in late Sunday and throughout the days we were there. Consideration really should be given to having them quit at 5pm when folks start returning to the hotel and want peace & quiet.
One more minor complaint: I left a set of keys in my room and, while I appreciated the hotel notifying me, I was told when I called that I had to wait until the next day at 4pm when "Henry who takes care of lost & found comes on." I wanted to send an overnight shipping label to get the keys sent to me and was unable to do so because Henry didn't start until 4pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore is just 19 miles from downtown Boston and Logan International Airport (BOS), and a short drive from historic Salem. Ideally located for meetings, weddings, business travel and families, our Danvers, MA hotel offers 363 spacious guest rooms & suites (newly renovated in 2013) featuring contemporary decor and excellent amenities. Savor a warm, freshly baked DoubleTree cookie and make the most of our comforting amenities, including our business center, lobby coffee shop where we proudly serve Starbucks(R), full service restaurant and lounge, and on-site Atlantis Sports Club & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Ferncroft Hotel
- Sheraton Danvers
- Danvers Sheraton