“Disappointed...”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Disappointed...”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is being renovated and I recommend not staying there until they are closer to completion. The staff were friendly and the facility has obviously had a lot of work done to it, but it is not up to the Hilton service standards we have grown to expect. Specifically:

- for entire three days there the internet never worked in room, despite calling the Help number and telling the front desk. Network connection but error screen when trying to log in.
- it took five minutes to get luke- warm water and, on the third day, the water was initially yellow in color
- major issues with the elevators. one consistently had problems with the doors closing (door would open and close 3 times before elevator moved... left most elevator facing the bank). The last day there an alarm was going off in the elevator when we checked out.
- when turning on the shower it sounded like a huge pump activated behind the wall, literally shaking the wall. 'Sounded like someone was pounding on the wall with a sledge- hammer.
- the guy traveling with me had no desk lamp ion his room. In fact, generally the lighting was inadequate in what are nice big rooms.
- the constant presence of construction workers and noisy equipment in the public areas is to be expected during a major renovation but their occasionally loud conversations and shouting across rooms could be toned down. They must be on a tight deadline because work was going on when we checked in late Sunday and throughout the days we were there. Consideration really should be given to having them quit at 5pm when folks start returning to the hotel and want peace & quiet.

One more minor complaint: I left a set of keys in my room and, while I appreciated the hotel notifying me, I was told when I called that I had to wait until the next day at 4pm when "Henry who takes care of lost & found comes on." I wanted to send an overnight shipping label to get the keys sent to me and was unable to do so because Henry didn't start until 4pm.

Room Tip: Wait until renovation is complete.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill T
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Bill T,

I am pleased to inform you that the beautification of our hotel is near completion and would love the opportunity to show you the wonderful new enhancements. I was able to pass on your kind words to our staff regarding their service and they too would like you to come back and see the new hotel. Please contact us at your convenience and we will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Arizona weather and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently had my son's 9th Birthday Party at CocoKey Water Park and stayed overnight at the doubke Tree. Overall the experience was great! It started even before we got to the hotel Erin in the sales department was very professional, responsive and a real pleasure to work with. Upon our arrival, we were checked in by Marie at the front desk. She was very efficient, kind and warm. I really did not expect to bond with a front desk agent, but i did with her. She made me feel very welcome! And the warm cookies were delicious! The hotel was clean and uncluttered. The rooms were really well appointed with good quality furniture, linens and bathroom amenities. The kids said this was the "best birthday ever". I left off 1 star, because though the main elevator was spotless, the one closest to our room and leading to the water park needed vacuuming. Also, the hallway outside our rooms smelled slightly like there was a backed up sewer/toilet. Notwithstanding we had a great time. Even enjoyed the late night room service offerings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MN-Boston
Dear MN-Boston,

I am delighted to hear that your son enjoyed his birthday party with us and congratulated Erin and Marie on providing superb customer service. We look forward to having his 10th, 11th, etc. birthdays here.

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is a fantastic place to stay. All of the staff were so kind and helpful throughout my stay there. The food in the restaurant was excellent, and the service there was fantastic as well. The Starbucks in the lobby was a very nice touch, and provided a quick great cup of coffee on my way to out to catch my ride to meetings every day. The breakfast bar provided each morning was also quite tasty. The hotel is very clean, and my room was spotless every night when I returned from my business meetings. I recommend this hotel as a great place to stay, whether it be a business trip or vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vickie C
Dear Vickie C,

I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I passed your kind words to our housekeeping and culinary team and they truly appreciate it. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Enjoy the Arizona weather!
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our wedding group had our networking meeting at the Brand New Doubletree Boston North. I had heard that the hotel was in transition but with what i saw , it looks to be well on their way to being an excellent property . the hotel was spotless , the meeting room looked fresh , the lobby and restaurant was all updated . looking forward to working with them more in the future !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce M
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback about our property. I will make sure that your thoughts and praise are given to the entire Team.

We’ll hope to see you sometime in the near future for meetings, pleasure or a bite to eat in our restaurant.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is headed to its proper spot of #1 of 9 hotels in Danvers. There is still much to do as Sheraton had let this property decline. To those people who have stayed here during the transition I would tell them to try it again. The rooms are finished and well up to the Hilton standard. The Starbucks in the lobby is a great touch and the restaurant and bar were nice, food okay but it's Boston!, go out to eat!
The hotel is attached to the swim park called Coco Key so winter weekends like our stay will be crowded. My understanding is that Double Tree took over the entire complex. There was also a Holiday party going on Saturday evening.

My advice to the owners and management would have been to close the hotel , while running the water park, crank through the rehab so that guests and workers with 5 gallon buckets of....stuff, weren't riding the elevator together. I think the bad reviews are going to be tough to overcome. I am a guest here now and with 360 rooms there are maybe 50 cars in the lot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff C
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our team; it will be a highlight for me to share your comments. Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests comfort and they appreciate your acknowledgement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore in the future

Kind Regards

Lantana, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is in a precarious location from the freeways, but it is very central to Boston and the surrounding area. A great location for the work week. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation, but is still accommodating. This is due to the excellent staff I encountered while staying here. Tara at the front desk is very helpful and professional. The staff in the breakfast area, Amanda and Miguel are fantastic. I recommend this hotel for any business travelers.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aaron M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are well looked after and I will enjoy sharing your comments with Tara, Amanda and Miguel. I will be sure to also mention to Tara, Amanda and Miguel that you found their service exceptional.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we always look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore.

Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently had my daughter's bridal shower at the Double Tree by Hilton in Danvers. It was an unusual shower and I needed a really fun place. We called it a "Wedding Shower Cocktail Party" for 80+ people (Jack and Jill). We had appetizers passed, a roast beef carving station, pastries, cheese and crackers and an open bar. The room was behind the Lobby Bar and a "Library" style setting with a beautiful fireplace and bookcases. The staff of Stephanie McCowan and Megan Hennessey were fantastic in helping me put this together. They offered their expertise in setting up the room, choosing the appertizers, etc. They cleaned off the bookcases and mantel allowing me to personalize with my own flower arrangements, even removing a pool table upon my request with no problems. They set up a speaker for an ipod and we danced all night. The bartender and wait staff were extremely friendly and efficient. I can't say enough about Stephanie and Megan. I don't know how I would have pulled this off without them. This would be my go-to place should the need arise. Thanks Ladies!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda Y
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and sharing your experiences with us. We love being able to pamper our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our sales team. Megan and Stephanie take so much pride in their work and I will take pleasure in sharing your comments with them. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs.

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property again and again

Director of Operations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!