“Superior Service”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Lantana, Texas, United States
“Superior Service”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is in a precarious location from the freeways, but it is very central to Boston and the surrounding area. A great location for the work week. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation, but is still accommodating. This is due to the excellent staff I encountered while staying here. Tara at the front desk is very helpful and professional. The staff in the breakfast area, Amanda and Miguel are fantastic. I recommend this hotel for any business travelers.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aaron M
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are well looked after and I will enjoy sharing your comments with Tara, Amanda and Miguel. I will be sure to also mention to Tara, Amanda and Miguel that you found their service exceptional.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we always look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore.

Kind Regards,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently had my daughter's bridal shower at the Double Tree by Hilton in Danvers. It was an unusual shower and I needed a really fun place. We called it a "Wedding Shower Cocktail Party" for 80+ people (Jack and Jill). We had appetizers passed, a roast beef carving station, pastries, cheese and crackers and an open bar. The room was behind the Lobby Bar and a "Library" style setting with a beautiful fireplace and bookcases. The staff of Stephanie McCowan and Megan Hennessey were fantastic in helping me put this together. They offered their expertise in setting up the room, choosing the appertizers, etc. They cleaned off the bookcases and mantel allowing me to personalize with my own flower arrangements, even removing a pool table upon my request with no problems. They set up a speaker for an ipod and we danced all night. The bartender and wait staff were extremely friendly and efficient. I can't say enough about Stephanie and Megan. I don't know how I would have pulled this off without them. This would be my go-to place should the need arise. Thanks Ladies!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda Y
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and sharing your experiences with us. We love being able to pamper our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our sales team. Megan and Stephanie take so much pride in their work and I will take pleasure in sharing your comments with them. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs.

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property again and again

Kind Regards,
Director of Operations.
connecticut
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as part of a JSA trip/convention, and just like another DoubleTree property I stayed at under construction, this hotel has potential. The Sheraton has let this place slide back to the 1980's, but in the short time DoubleTree has taken over this property, it is already looking better. The conference rooms on the bottom floor were redone, and they were very nice. The ones on the second floor were showing their age, but I am sure they will be redone in the future. The rooms are also redone, and they really show the DoubleTree brand. Beds were comfortable and the rooms and most of the public areas were clean. The staff was also very nice. The Starbucks in the lobby was a great touch, lol. This hotel is also attached to Coco Key, but I didn't go there. The only things that I would improve are nit picky things like elevator modernization, minor updating to the conference rooms on the second floor, and some new vending machines (Every one I went to was broken). This place has great potential, and in a year or so this should be an awesome place to stay. Thank you DoubleTree.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank vwporsche1996
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were thrilled to hear your 4 Star review of our hotel. I am glad to see your acknowledgements of our improvements to the property, the friendliness of our staff and your confidence in our growth. We are modernizing our elevators and have come up with a great fun and healthy way to communicate our improvements. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire team to continue our growth in the right direction. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your feedback,

Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2012

After traveling for hours I was met by a hotel with no water and attitude by the staff when I asked where there was a bathroom that I could use. We were offered to shower at the water park but there were no towels, robes or anything to get to and from your room. So I couldn't even get ready for the wedding that I traveled so long to get ready for. The rooms were average but with no refrigerator so we had no place to put the snacks we brought and needed to be thrown out. But it was a good thing we got rid of it since we later found Ants all over the bathroom. Construction was going on and made parking quite hard every fire alarm had a bag over it so I'm really glad there was no fire because we would have never known. The elevators were all MONTHS past inspection, when I asked the manager about this she replied that they were inspected just last week. Well, that didn't make me feel better since that meant they still were 5 months past due on getting the inspection and a new certification certificate was never shown to me nor was it posted after I asked so I'm not really sure I believe her. The food was terrible and far to over priced. The starbucks in the lobby was out of everything (like tea, what starbucks doesn't have tea?) and I couldn't use my gift card. When I asked about a discount or a comp room due to the water issue I was again greeted with attitude by the staff most of family who was supposed to stay the whole weekend all left early. When we arrived there was a wall of coupons to local attractions (some to the Boston Aquarium) which we wanted to go to. The next day there was none out there so we asked if they had any more and we waiting 20 minutes for someone to get them. Then we were told after 40 min of waiting that they would get us comp passes and they would be waiting for us there. Then when we were more then half way there they called and told us never mind. Overall, shower before you get there as there may be no water and when you do get it it probably wont be warm. With the fire alarms, elevators, and maintenance men just randomly walking into rooms I did not feel safe. I have never had such horrible customer service from staff and problems weren't even attempted to be resolved....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K8787k
Thank you for your constructive feedback of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and thorough review. Furthermore I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. I do regret that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. We are consistently looking for ways to improve upon our guests experiences and welcome any suggestions. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at your convenience if you would like to discuss this further detail. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

ny
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This could and perhaps should be a good hotel but they just don't care. Although they knew they had a substantial amount of rooms booked for a evening wedding with a 4:30 shuttle pick up, they still chose to turn off the water until 4PM. Managers did not seem to care about the inconvenience. You were offered a shower in the attached Water Park locker room .....GROSS! Many people came from Hurricane Sandy areas and were in need of a hot shower, You could not even wash your hands. For the inconvenience some rooms were comped for the night, others only given small discounts and some given nothing. There was no rhyme or reason to the explanations given as to why you were or were not given a consideration for it., No refrigerators as listed and no ice in the machines so we lost a gallon of milk. Let the front desk know about the ants in the bathroom, they did not seem concerned about that either. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which was somehow OUT of tea. Ordered a cup of tea from the restaurant in the bar area and it was so lukewarm it seemed to be tap water. Elevators were awful and all had long expired inspection certificates inside. One stopped on the 5th floor EVERY time it passed it. One never worked at all and one randomly stopped in the middle of floors. Quite a frightening experience the first time until another guest in the elevator said - this has been happening all the time - if we wait a few it will start going again. Maintenance men randomly entered rooms. Parking was awful and inconvenient and most areas were filled with construction trailers that made getting in and out difficult. Asked at front desk about Aquarium coupons and they said they would get them for us/ Asked again after 20 minutes and they said they were working on it. After 40 minutes or so, asked how much the coupons were for to see if it was worth the time we were wasting waiting. We were told they would be full passes. They then told us to head to the Aquarium and that the passes would be at the ticket booth waiting for us. While driving there a member of our party received a call stating that a mistake was made and there were no passes. Needless to say, we did not get to the Aquarium. The next morning, while strolling through the lobby we found a coupons rack in a hidden corner. On it there were AQUARIUM COUPONS!!!! Seriously???? That was all we asked for to start with. Breakfast buffet VERY expensive and food was not good. Many children running around due to the water park. Walls are thin - listened to screaming toddlers all night and siblings/parents screaming for the toddlers to stop crying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thewals
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your detailed feedback about your experiences. I understand you came to or property to get rest and renewal, I’m sorry that the various issues and concerns that occurred during your stay stop that from happening. Guest service is our top priority and is a constant focus of all our hotel trainings. Having an experience that is deemed “horrible” is unacceptable and I will be speaking with our entire team.

I know you’re most recent stay wasn’t exactly how you anticipated or expected but I can guarantee a better visit next time if you would be willing to give us another shot. Please contact me at the below contact information to discuss further.

justin.williams@hilton.com
Washington DC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for one night in October. No problems with checking- in and out, the front desk were uniformly professional and pleasant. Our room on a higher floor had a pretty view of the distant foliage and lake(?). The room is basic and showing its age, but was quiet and we had a good night's sleep. Also tried the restaurant for breakfast and received good service and good food. We stayed here to visit Salem, which was about 10-15 minute driving distance. You would need a car to stay here since there were no commercial (restaurants, sores etc.) places nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I will be sure to pass along your feedback about the "uniformly professional and pleasant" service to our entire front office team. It’s also good to hear that you had a good experience and good food in our Tradewinds restaurant.
I'm glad that you took the time to visit our neighboring town that’s a short drive away; a good time can always be had in Salem. I’m sorry to hear that your room was not all you expected, I am sure that on your next visit you will be delighted to stay in one of our 363 newly renovated rooms. Thank you for your feedback and we’ll look forward to your next visit.

Be well
Justin.williams@hilton.com
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2012

People in our party had to wait two hour due to unclean rooms because the water was shut off for renovations. There was no hot water the first day, and the water was brown. When the maids came to clean, the organized our whole room which meant they touched all of our personal items! Our ceiling was dripping water and when we called down to the desk they said there was no engineer at the time and asked if we wanted to switch doors at 2am in the morning. We said we would call back which we did not, and they failed to check on us. Also, the key cards did not always work for the room so you had to get them reprogrammed. Every employee was rude and no one put the customer first! When we asked (several times) to speak the manager, no one came. Worse experience ever! This experienced changed my opinion on hilton hotels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Clare B
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this detailed review and I’m sorry for the multiple issues that you experienced while staying with us, I can understand where your frustrations would stem from at any hotel, more specifically a DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton. Having a clean room in working order should not just be an expectation but a 100% guarantee and I’m sorry that we were not able to provide this. I have brought your comments to the attention of my Engineering and Housekeeping team.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologize and thank you for the feedback. I can ensure you, if you’re able to come visit us again, your next trip will exceed your expectations. . Please feel free to contact me if there is anything else we may be able to assist with.

Be well
Justin.williams@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!