“Great mani pedi!!”

Atlantis Sports Club and Spa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a very relaxing and professional mani pedi ! I am so happy I found this spa and thank Groupon for my great experience.

1  Thank Shetap

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This "club" is run by an unprofessional staff and apparently owned by a company that is out to scam clients. I signed up over the phone. I was charged extra fees without being notified, and now continue to be charged on my credit card after cancelling 2 months ago. Rarely does anyone answer the phone at the Danvers facility, and when a message is left, calls are not returned. Thankfully my credit card company is helping me with the dispute. I'm out $100, and never even attended a class or used the facility. Do your homework, and don't get scammed.

2  Thank beachgirl22_11
Paul K, General Manager at Atlantis Sports Club and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your membership and not able to use the club . We pride our club on customer service and if you would please call the club and we will be happy to resolve your concerns

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I joined the gym because I thought I would use the pool after working out. The pool is large, well kept and rarely crowded but the gym is pretty poor. The equipment is limited and not very clean and the rooms are dark and depressing; not conducive to staying any longer than necessary. I never tried any spa services so I cannot comment on them but overall not a good place to work out.

1  Thank memxseven
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I visited the Atlantis Spa with a groupon I had purchased for a massage, facial and manicure. The pictures looked great: a pool, a steam, and a sauna, along with the various treatments and a restaurant. I pictured a day of pampering. I did have a wonderful facial and massage by very competent professionals. My massage from Renee in particular was so relaxing. However, the facility is more gym than spa. There is a pool, however it is used by all of the hotel - so children included. There is a steam room in the ladies locker room, and a sauna off the pool area..again though...not exclusive to spa patrons. With any treatment you are permitted to use all of the facilities, so this would be perfect if you wanted to come and work out, then swim/steam and then get your treatments. But it didn't have the exclusive or private feel of a spa. In between my facial and massage I essentially waited in a hallway and listened to the staff at the front desk field calls regarding membership to the gym. Robes would have been a nice touch. It was a nice deal with a groupon, but for full price I frankly don't think I would go back. It has potential...but not quite on par with a full spa.

3  Thank jbmclean1
Reviewed December 3, 2012

i bought a groupon for two people to have a manicure, massage and facial. So i brought my sister for her birthday. When we first walked in i was amazed by the lack of signs to the spa area. asked a woman who worked there and she sent us to the manicure room- we waited ten minutes and no one came- went to the sports club desk and a woman was talking on her cell phone- she did not even take the time to acknowledge me. Finally found a person who said hello and told her we were there for our day- she said "oh youre early" we were told to coem early so we could use the pool.
We got signed and the day commenced. The massage was pretty good, but the room is in a hallway with lots of people passing on their way to the pool and the locker rooms (lots of kids in the pool). So it was pretty noisy. The masseuse tried to comepensate for this by turning her music up loud.
The facial was far. She was really stingy with product. Basically she washed my face and gave me some steam and then some moisturizer. again she was on the same hallwat with the same noise level.
Finally the manicure. When the woman noticed i had polish on my nails i told her it was gel. there is a $10.00 charge to remove gel from your nails since it uses more product to remove. I have never in my life heard of this. i would have thought that on an initial visit they would put their best foot forward to lure customers. i walked out at that point. An extra charge to remove polish is ridiculous.
All in all I would never go back her. very very unorganized and a very poor quality of service. the gym is the focus and it feels like the spa was an afterthought.
Save your money and stay away from this spa

6  Thank HDOYLE