“Comfort Inn Danvers, MA”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of North Shore Hotel

North Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Bellevue, WA
“Comfort Inn Danvers, MA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our king room was very clean. We came in February during a very cold period, but the
heat in the room was more than able to keep us warm. The breakfast was the usual Comfort
Inn fare - waffles, eggs, toast, cereal, juice, donuts, fruit - quite acceptable.

The huge negative was the computer. Even if you had your own computer, as our friends did,
the connection was very, very slow. Only in the last 2 days we were there did the lobby computer
even connect. It was so slow we couldn't use it to confirm our return flight. We had to have our
son on the West Coast do that. Then we had to have the guy at the front desk use his computer
to print them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love visiting the area and this is the only place I'll stay! Directly in the middle of everything I need! Clean, nice and overall a great stay! Very short ride to downtown salem as well! Def. can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christa G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel since it was so close to Extra Innings baseball training facility. Room was clean and kept. The a/c heating unit must have been newly replaced and was not sealed around the rough opening as the outside air was seeping through the top cut spots. Food area was clean and had just enough there for a nice breakfast. Staff was super nice and helpful with directions and locations for eating out. The lobby looks to be near completed on their remodling. It snowed and I was a bit concerned about the driveway up to the hotel, but it was cleared and not icy at all. Pool was a little cold but the kids didn't mind at all. Just wish there was a hot tub, but not a big deal. Plan on staying there again when we return to the training camp again.

• Stayed December 2012
Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Found it difficult to fing the first time as it is on a side road off of Rt 1 which is divided highway. If you miss the turn good luck getting back. Stayed there a few days during the hurricane cause my normal hotel was out of power. They put be on the 1st floor which is actually a partial basement. Room was ok but higher priced than i was paying. Much more traffic than up 95 a ways, Also did not find any closeby restaurants, or shopping neaby but was only there a few days

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Commack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed 2 days for the Stone Cat Trail run 50 miler and really enjoyed ourselves there. The place was IMMACULATE and the rooms are all updated (not a 1970 designed place). There's a pool and a breakfast that had staff that was ALWAYS happy!! They even had a special breakfast for the runners at 4:30am!! YUP! Amazing! Will stay there again for sure. I am a tough critic and this was a great place to stay. Even accepted our 2 dogs!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Emjay24
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We checked places to stay in Salem, and being October the rates were very high and not many vacancies. We decided to try this Comfort Inn, since it was not too far away. It actually only took us about 15 minutes to get here from Salem. It is an older hotel, but clean and fresh. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was updated. We could not get the air conditioning to work, but it was cool outside and really didn't need it. I just like to have the white noise from the AC. The breakfast was typical. If I were in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here, it is a reasonably priced option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travlingal51
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

With several options in this area I highly recommend staying anywhere else! The room was filthy and since the room was a smoking room (which I did not request) the curtains in my room were stained yellowish orange. There were cigarette burns in my blankets, sheets, curtains, shower curtain, and bathroom counters. I am very surprised housekeeping does not steam clean the curtains especially in the smoking rooms or at least spray Febreze. Since the hotel was booked I was unable to move to another room. I sent Choice Hotels an email of my experience and by the response I received obviously they do not care. This was the response: I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel on October 19th of this year. We are truly sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and completely understand your desire not to stay at Comfort Inn’s again.
I’m truly sorry
Mary Young

Operations Manager

I guess I expected too much they already charged my credit card $360 so why would they care about my experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MegD918
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to North Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!