“Good Value, Good Experience”
Review of North Shore Hotel

North Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Value, Good Experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We booked in here with some trepidation. It was late and they only had a room on their smoking floor available as the hotel was quite full. The corridor smelled pretty bad of smoking and we are non smokers. However, the room was OK and did not smell in any significant way.

This is a perfect adequate hotel for a trip to the area. The two queen bedded room was large and the decorations were of a reasonable standard. Not very recently refurbished, but not tired either. Public areas were of a good standard. Well located very close to Route 1. Nice outlook from hotel room windows.

Included breakfast was a bit of a zoo as the hotel was fairly full and it was the weekend. Cleared up very promptly at 10am so do not be late. Ran out of doughnuts, muffins and bagels and apparently no system for providing more. Small dining room was full. Not the best aspect of this hotel so you may do better getting breakfast outside.

However, overall a good experience and we decided to stay for a second night. Would be quite likely to stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: If offered a room on a smoking floor, and if you are a non smoker, I would ask to see it before you...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pentangle99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed here for two nights as part of a school trip to Boston. I don't know why we stayed here considering it is 45 minutes away from the city. The rooms were disgusting. My room and several of my friends rooms all smelled like smoke. I also had a black stain on my sheet that looked like cigarette dust. The bathrooms were OK but not impressive. There was breakfast but I did not think it was that nice. Because i was on a school trip, I spent very little time at the hotel and did not meet any staff members directly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank WHITNEY_MMM
Jefferson
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stay here upon returning from Logan late in the day. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Hotel is easily accessible from Rt 1 and I 95. Breakfast is adequate and included. Rates are fair and much less than hotels near the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank joesunshine47
Connecticut
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I usually can find something wrong with MOST places I have stayed. Out of all the hotels I've stayed in over the last yr, this is the most impressive. This is not the Four Seasons but it felt like it. It's hard to impress me when it comes to the service industry like hotels and restaurants but I will tell you why this is a little gem. I booked the place because it was last minute and I was traveling with my pet boxer. I was expecting a hard time during chk-in about the pet policy. There is usually an additional fee for him so I was waiting.
When I arrived, I thought to myself this is going to be a terrible trip bc a bus FULL of kids(14-18 yrs old) was arriving also.
I proceeded to the lobby to find them all lined up to get on the elevator, instead of checking in. The front desk politely checked me in and welcomed me as a choice privilege member. I thought, that was the 1st time in all this time any choice hotel had ever acknowledged I was a member. I usually get the can I get a photo ID and credit card. He also explained to me where the pool was, what time the breakfast was, where the conf rooms were, parking, and the number of floors he had available.They also answered my questions about the pet policy and politely checked me in. Once I retrieved my pet, there was no problem @ all with our stay. We took, and usually take the stairs, as to not disturb other guests. The room was a lot bigger than I pictured. The beds were comfy. I slept like a king. The place even had an indoor pool that the kids swam in. I told my wife that this place was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Even some of the larger hotels have failed to IMPRESS me like this lil place. The next morning, I took my younger son downstairs for the breakfast. My older son and wife didnt go because they thought the idea of 'complimentary breakfast' was just bagels and coffee. But, when the young one and I arrived downstairs, there was poached eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, boiled egg, cereal, muffins, and donuts...Plus coffee, apple, orange, and cranberry juice. And this was near the end of the brkfst time after the entire group from the bus had eaten. My son even commented on how good the breakfast was.We were there for the NEPSAC basketball finals @ Endicott College. One night only but if I am ever in the Beverly area, I will be sure to stay here. We were going to stay @ a big name hotel but I ask myself, Why? They even let me get a late check out for 2pm. What a great little place.

Room Tip: Pool is on the 1st floor. 2nd floor is lobby or ground level.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rodioCT
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were here for four nights around Christmas. The service was very good, with both the cleaning people and the front desk people very helpful. The rooms were clean and a nice size, easily able to accommodate the rollaway bed we needed without making the room feel cramped.The included hot breakfast was nice, though the same every day. I was happy that the sausages were beef, since I don't eat pork. The indoor swimming pool is small and a bit odd-shaped, but clean and in good condition, so it certainly met our needs. The exercise room has a treadmill, an elliptical, and a weight machine, OK for when we didn't want to swim.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Douglas F
Ny, NY
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Other than Jill the Sales Manager going out of her way to ensure things were good .... The hotel was just ok.... It's alright for a night or two, no complaints.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PHD_traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
Courtyard Boston Danvers

Been to North Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!