We booked in here with some trepidation. It was late and they only had a room on their smoking floor available as the hotel was quite full. The corridor smelled pretty bad of smoking and we are non smokers. However, the room was OK and did not smell in any significant way.
This is a perfect adequate hotel for a trip to the area. The two queen bedded room was large and the decorations were of a reasonable standard. Not very recently refurbished, but not tired either. Public areas were of a good standard. Well located very close to Route 1. Nice outlook from hotel room windows.
Included breakfast was a bit of a zoo as the hotel was fairly full and it was the weekend. Cleared up very promptly at 10am so do not be late. Ran out of doughnuts, muffins and bagels and apparently no system for providing more. Small dining room was full. Not the best aspect of this hotel so you may do better getting breakfast outside.
However, overall a good experience and we decided to stay for a second night. Would be quite likely to stay here again if we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the North Shore Hotel, a Danvers hotel in the Greater Boston area near historic Salem. The North Shore Hotel is conveniently located just 15 miles north of Boston and seven miles from historic Salem. This Danvers, MA hotel in the Greater Boston area is near scenic Rockport, Gloucester, Salem State College, Gordon College, Endicott College, the Salem Witch Museum, the Peabody Essex Museum, the New England Aquarium and the Museum of Science, Boston. Additional points of interest include: Bunker Hill Monument, a Boston National Historical Park site, Hammond Castle Museum, Salem Wax Museum, Salisbury Beach State Reservation, Cape Ann Whale Watch. Sports enthusiasts will love the hotel's close proximity to TD Garden, home of the Boston Celtics basketball team and the Boston Bruins hockey team, and Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox baseball team. A visit to the nearby Boston Children's Museum is perfect for families. This Greater Boston area hotel is only minutes from the seacoast and mountains. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. Guests of this Danvers, MA hotel will enjoy the Free Hot breakfast including a make-your-own waffle station, eggs, sausage and featuring a variety of morning delights such as mini muffins, assorted yogurts, hot and cold cereal, English muffins, bagels & cream cheese, doughnuts, juices and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your North Shore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn North Shore Hotel Danvers
- North Shore Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn North Shore Danvers
- Comfort Inn Danvers
- Danvers Comfort Inn