“Great little spot!”

Shamrock Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Under new ownership since May of 2013, The Shamrock Restaurant and Pub 645 Main St. in Dalton Massachusetts is a quaint Gastropub serving the locals and beyond with our twist on Irish cuisine and American contemporary, but not limited to any style. From Chicken Wings to Filet Mignon, Potato Skins to Baked King Cod. Daily and weekly lunch and dinner specials. House made seasonal soups. Kids menu, drink and appetizer specials. An ever growing bottle beer selection (currently 66 different beers)and 6 rotating drought beer including local craft brewers seasonal beers. Everything from munchies to well plated entrees. It's the place to bring your family for dinner, or to meet friends to watch the big game.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The hubby and I have stopped in several times for a meal or just a cocktail. The food is always good, the prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly!

1  Thank Jenm C

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Shamrock under the previous owner was always fine and a reliable place for a decent meal. We'd go every once in a while for a local spur-of-the-moment dinner out. There is a change for the better under the new management. Nice variety on the menu and the whole interior is spruced up and roomier. we definitely approve of the changes and have enjoyed several recent meals there. We hope they can keep up the good work.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Made the trip to Dalton for the Saturday night prime rib. It did not disappoint, Ordered a rare cut and it came quickly and cooked just right. This is a great family restaurant with good selections including Irish faire. Wing of the week is a great idea. This week was a sweet chili sauce and I sampled my friends which was excellent. Wednesday is Italian night and the chicken parm is great. I sat at the bar and the bartender Nicki provided excellent service. She was attentive and made good drinks.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Since I live in the area, I have frequented this restaurant over the years. It has always been good, but I must say a little "stuffy". Since the new owners have taken over it is a more friendly place. The owner is a big man always ready to greet you like an old friend. I love the WOW idea, wing of the week. So far I haven't had a bad wing. They have some Irish dishes and are all good. The bangers and mash comes with Champ, which turned out to be mashed potatoes with cabbage and scallions. No matter what else I order, I always add some Champ! If you are in the area, stop in for a nice meal and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wow, what a difference with this place! We have been here several times in the past few weeks when we discovered there are new owners, a new chef, a new menu, a new extensive listing of domestic, foreign & craft beers, and a whole new attitude! We've found this to be the new hot spot in the area, and not only in Dalton. We've tried their appetizers (loved the Onion Blossom), soups (better clam chowder than Cape Cod), sandwiches (char-broiled burgers with golden onion rings), entire dinners (had Bangers & Mash and Fried Oyster Platter), to desserts (incredible Apple Crisp), and have really enjoyed every bit of it. We've found that the new owners genuinely want you to have a great time while you're there. They even have occasional live music, with some of the best Irish bands in the area, which we've enjoyed a couple times now. So whether you want to just pop in for a delicious lunch, have a delightful dinner, or schmooze with some friends at the bar, you will have a great time at the new Shamrock!