“Cape Cod Treasure”

Add it.
Cotuit Center for the Arts
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Cotuit
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have had wonderful times at this very exceptional theatre. Always a good feeling when you arrive. The volunteers do any excellent job with ticket taking and seating. The musical's plays and art events are A1 quality. Events run year round. Get your tickets on line as they do sell out all shows. I can't wait for the next musical. It's all good !!!!

There are newer reviews for Cotuit Center for the Arts

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Spamalot was our second experience at CCA; we saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels last year. The facility is very nice. Easy to find, plenty of parking and an attractive building. The theater is an extended rectangle with about 130-150 seats. Seats are padded and comfortable with some "balcony" seating along the sides. Seats are NOT reserved so get there early, although blocks in the middle will be marked "Reserved". Spamalot is great material and the cast is enthusiastic but the performance was average. The music was too loud and the accents too confusing. Unfortunately much of the clever dialog and lyrics never made it past the first 5 rows. Bonnie Fairbanks (Lady of the Lake) probably has a beautiful voice but it does not carry throughout the theater. She is very expressive and has a choice part. The folks in the front of the theater bordered on hysterical but we could not hear her toward the back of the theater. We had not remembered we had the same problem last year with her role in DRS. Michael Ernst (King Arthur) carried throughout the seats and we could enjoy his full performance. Keirnon J. McDermott (Patsy) was the gem of the show. He is so expressive in his face, body, nuance and voice we tended to concentrate on him much of the time. CCA is a very nice spot. Get there early to sit up close and accept this is typical amateur summer theater with low proces to match and you'll be perfectly happy.

1  Thank Chuck S
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My first experience with Cotuit center for the Arts was to attend a yoga class with my wife and a friend, being blown away by the beauty of this gem. Then over time I came to appreciate the eclectic & unique evolving gallery that is on display. Currently they are exhibiting " Underneath it all: desire, Power, memory & Lingerie. I couldn't give this clever and amazing exhibit a review that speaks to how facinating it is, but trust me, get up and see it for yourself (and quickly).
The Cotuit Art offers years round live performances that have something for everyone. Two weeks ago my wife and friends enjoyed a rollicking great evening with the exceptional Brazen Bells retro burlesque show and soon the Tony award winning play "Red" will open up.
If your travels bring you to cape Cod, the Cotuit Center for the Arts is a must. beautiful art in a beautiful space.

2  Thank pepperchef
Reviewed January 5, 2013

WOW....I lived on the Cape for over a year before I actually tried out Cotuit Center for the Arts, but decided to go to a play there last spring and thought "hey, this place is pretty neat". With that in mind, my husband and I joined at couples level and have attended several events there. We have seen some very creative plays, we have been to some of the art showings, we have been to wine and music and we have been to special music shows there. There is a huge variety of events....."something for everyone" and reasonably priced ($15-$25/ticket typically, depending on the show). If you are a member, you get a gold coin for a drink or snack at some of the events. The executive director is almost always there greeting people and making you feel welcome. It is a very intimate setting and we usually end up talking to our "neighbors" at seats or tables near us and meeting new people. A thoroughly enjoyable night out!! There are also art-related education classes there...we just haven't had time to try them yet!
(try one of the sing along nites if you like to sing!)

2  Thank CapeSharon
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is great. Inexpensive night out, but the talent was great for a night out with friends. Would go again and have already told many others about it.

2  Thank Coni J