I had my wedding in September 08 at the Red Lion Inn about 200 people on Friday night… I love the place because it was very unique and rustic… I, like may other brides, read the horrible reviews on the internet but decided to take a chances. The people there were very reassuring that those reviews are 1 in 100 compared to the good reviews… NO THAT IS A LIE… I know of 4 other brides in my circle of extended people who got married there, they all had the same problems as I did..
To make it easy for people to read here is the problems with the beautiful red lion inn
We went through 6 wedding coordinators. Every time I’d call they make it sound like I was wrong, that they had always been there and I was mistaken.
We got a new bill every month for more money… And every month I talked to a “new” coordinator and explain that we already paid them and I had to fax a copy of the check…
TERRIBLE communication… TERRIBLE
The owner is a drunk that was hitting on me the night before my wedding
Day before my wedding I was supposed to meet the “wedding coordinator” (forgot his name but it was a guy)… He decided to leave early and never showed up…
Day of my wedding
1. Because the wedding coordinator never meet with me the night before, things like seating and wedding procession was all screwed up… ( For the record: I knew that the RLI was not organized because of the things leading up to the wedding so I has everything outlined EVERYTHING… I mean a baby could have run my wedding..
2. No communication the day of the wedding… I had no idea where I was supposed to be. I saw the “wedding guy” twice the whole day leading up.
3. The “wedding guy” was very short with my husband kind of arrogant
4. We were to have an open bar for cocktail hour, that we already paid for. They forgot and charged our guest drinks. When we found out they said that they would open it up for the dinner hour.. Well people drink a hell of a lot more during cocktail hour the dinner.. So that was a waste of thousands of dollars to open the bar that no one drank at
5. My parents table was in the wrong place and was in the back of the room… Even though I gave them a drawn diagram of where people were to be sitting… Honestly how do you screw up the parents table..
6. The bathroom was pretty messy, with paper towels everywhere on the floor…
7. They put the wedding gift table by the front door so basically any one could come in and take things.. It was not until we said something that they had someone move it…
a. BUT THE BEST OF ALL the red lion inn chased a check made out to me and my husband for 500 dollars into there account… I was floored.. How unprofessional and unorganized. Even if it was a mistake I was on the phone with them and they were adamant that the sent it in the mail… I had the couple check their account and found it cashed with no endorsement… I have call, written, email them about this matter and the wasted open bar and they have not gotten back to me… That was 6 months ago…. So now we are talking to a lawyer.. You know if they would just be a bit more professional and respond then maybe I would have let it go but you can’t charge those prices and not deliver…
All in all I have been reading reviews before and after my wedding and they are all the same… BAD and the RLI keep making excuses about it…. ( they are changing they are getting new management) honestly I heard it all…
If you want or are having your wedding here, It is beautiful… Food is great… And the waiters are pretty good… But you need to be on top of everything… They are not a professional team that is way the management changes so much… Get your own wedding coordinator…
Kristen Stewart and Mark Gilmore
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Inn Resort 1704 Hotel Cohasset
- Red Lion Cohasset
- Cohasset Red Lion