“Dream Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cohasset
The Red Lion Inn Resort 1704
Ranked #1 of 2 Cohasset B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had our wedding in the Barn at Red Lion Inn a few weeks ago. From the moment we walked into the barn months before, we knew we wanted to have our reception there. The day of our wedding was as hot as could be but the venue, food and staff made our dream wedding come true. Helena, Beverlei and Captain Steve were all wonderful. From our first meeting to the day of our wedding you could tell that they wanted our day to be exactly what we wanted. Beverlei was amazing at getting back to me with my thousands of questions and e-mails, was so warm and personable and really made our vision come to life. Steve was so helpful at the reception, checking with me multiple times to see if I needed anything, got me whatever I needed and even helped me change my shoes later in the night. The gusts all had an amazing time and said the venue, food and all our little details made it one of the best, if not the best, weddings they had ever been to!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I got married at the Red Lion Inn on Memorial Day Weekend this year. What an incredible dream of a wedding venue and staff. Helena was "the enforcer" on our day, and she remained true to her reputation-managed the day with grace, ease, and a firm hand:) The ENTIRE staff at the restaurant and the hotel were sweet, accommodating, and so personable. We got an amazing card from one of the lovely ladies that worked at the restaurant we had hung out at when we arrived. My brother-in-law used it in his toast during our reception! Case in point-not only does the Red Lion Inn serve as a gorgeous background for a wedding, but the people that work there take pride in getting to know you and helping to make your stay the most comfortable and fun it can be. My husband and I wish we could do it all over the exact same way every year! We owe the beauty of our wedding day experience to the staff of the Red Lion Inn!!! What a perfect way to start our life together!!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: *If you would like to hit the hay early, ask for a room located further away from the bar/restaurant...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kat C
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn several times in the past and decided, after many years, it was time to return for another visit. Honestly, I wish we hadn't and that I could have preserved my memories from past experiences. I get that the Inn is historic and there are many original finishes and quaint decor, but sometimes antique just means old. The only rooms they had left when we booked were ones with two twin beds. Not ideal, but that was fine for a few nights. The room was small and on the main road which was loud to begin with, but especially through windows that don't seal properly. The only thing that blocked the sound of the traffic was the wall unit air conditioner that ran so loudly the whole night and didn't even cool the room. The room was very dank and musty and the bed sheets almost felt wet from the air in the room. The door to our room didn't shut properly and there was only one lock that worked and it didn't seem like it could even foil a kid from trying to pick it. The bathroom was tiny and horrible. There was an old bathtub with a removable shower head -- there was no place on the tub to set down shampoo or soap, so we had to use the sink right outside the tub and even the sink didn't have a ledge so we would just keep our toiletries in the sink and reach our hand out to grab what we needed. The water went from pleasant, to cold, to boiling in about five seconds and I burnt my scalp and back even though I was trying to anticipate the change in temperature. The bottom floors of the Inn were so moldy and musty smelling, it was unpleasant to walk through them. The rugs are old, the floors are so warped and uneven that I wonder if anyone has fallen and tried to sue yet, the ceiling in the dining room was leaking during breakfast, and they put a metal bucket on the table next to us to catch the drops and our whole breakfast we heard - drip, drip, drip. I'm really disappointed. This Inn was once beautiful and still could be by making improvements and renovations along the way. It seems that the oldness has gotten ahead of them though and now a major renovation is needed to bring this gem back to some of the glory it must have once had.

Room Tip: Try to stay off the side of hotel on the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Elle H
Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a great venue the Red Lion is to have a wedding at! My friend Nicole got married there recently and the rehearsal dinner was held in the restaurant and the food was absolutely delicious! Great service and presentation. As for the wedding, the barn is GORGEOUS!!!! Breathtaking, and unbelievable. The barn has these large windows overlooking a pool and the beautifully landscaped property. So up until this point I was blown away. Then the food at the wedding came... what a huge disappointment! The presentation was dull compared to the ambiance of the barn. It did not compare. I felt like all of a sudden I was at a really cheap venue. I would recommend the barn to my friends as a venue to get married at, but they need to do something about the food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Katie R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My son got married at the Red Lion Inn a few months ago and it was a truely lovely setting in the barn. The setting is beautiful for weddings and the photos look gorgeous. It was a large wedding and here lies a problem. The food was very good but the service was painfully slow. It appeared as if they did not have enough help so the time between courses was painfully long and the meal was too drawn out. My other issue is the acoustics. The acoustics are horrible in the barn. I felt like I constantly had to raise my voice to be heard. My husband and I hosted the rehearsal party at the Red Lion Inn and it irritated me that some of the items that I ordered well in advance never appeared. When I asked about the items I was told that the person hosting the dinner had cancelled. Of course I was hosting the party and I did not cancel anything. Sadly they did not try to fix the misunderstanding. Overall this is a decent venue but the organization needs to be stepped up a bit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is far far away from the bar.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jean-RWeymouth
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was married this past Sunday, May 12 at the Red Lion Inn and all I have to say is PERFECTION. From the moment we booked the venue to the last minute of dancing on May 12, Helena, our wedding coordinator has been better than my husband Ian I could ever even imagined. It was a truly magical day and night and we're just so sad that it had to end! This is truly a top notch venue and I would recommend it to anyone...even if you live 3,000 miles away like we do! Our whole wedding party stayed in all of the rooms in the Inn the night of as well...so it felt like we had our very own barn the whole day and night! We had exactly 100 guests and every single person has either called, emailed, texted, Facebooked, saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to! Helena was perfect. Everything she did was flawless. And Captain Steve, who I only met the day before at the rehearsal, was unbelievable! They had everything under control and the whole day/night moved along with such a perfect pace & rhythm. The food! The food was DELICIOUS! We had roving appetizers, a cheese station, salad and then choice of Salmon or Statler Chicken, followed by our wedding cake that Helena arranged through Konditer Meister. Every drop of food was delicious. They made sure to have our favorite wines and beers and glasses were never empty. I have never seen a restaurant in my life with better service, and my husband and I are foodies and wine enthusiasts! I can't say how magical the whole experience was and the only downfall is that it's over, but we can honestly say that was how a wedding should be...and it was ours :) THANK YOU to Helena, Captain Steve, Bill Iocanella, and the reset of the amazing staff for such a perfect wedding. Oh!!! I haven't even mentioned the ROOMS! Every room is different, and perfectly shabby/chic to match the rustic feel of the barn. They bedding is top quality and it was hard leaving the next day :) Can't wait to be back in MA, so we can plan a mini stay in one of those fabulous rooms again! And every single guest raved about their own room to us! Again..Thanks from the bottom of our hearts. Jennifer & Ian Stoker-Long

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennyllee
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This town is so cute and quaint... and the Red Lion Inn fits in perfectly. We had a whole wedding party stay in the hotel so I couldn't speak to how noisy it is regularly but we had a blast here. The inn keepers were very helpful with every request I had. They even let us check in at 9:30am that morning because our room was already ready. Checkout time is at 10am -but they are pretty relaxed about it, especially if there was a wedding

Room Tip: All of the rooms are different with their own charm. If you want a jacuzzi tub then ask for a room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessik67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cohasset
Nantasket Beach Resort
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree

Been to The Red Lion Inn Resort 1704? Share your experiences!