“Quaint, not quiet”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Enjoy are dinners - enough to bring home and have for a second meal. Wine list sufficient and staff nice.
Wanted to go last night and it was closed - was it because it was Monday ?

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We go to Ava Cucina whenever we are in town. It is an intimate venue with great food and friendly staff. We love it here.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

First impression was "is this place closing?" It was dead, no staff around except a bartender. Decorations were DIY type. Our food was fair...sauces with the Italian dishes tasted embellished restaurant-supply type. Menu seemed too varied for a quiet restaurant so a bit skeptical to try anything that should be fresh. No fresh salads on the menu. I won't recommend this restaurant for good Italian food.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Ava Cucina is a great place if you're in the mood for Italian food. What makes it so special is not just the amazing food but the amazing service. Run and owned by a family, they will know what your name is and what you like to eat after the first visit. I go with my dad all the time and can't resist getting my favorite Clams and Linguini with white sauce. I don't even have to tell them what I want because they always know. Great job Ava Cucina!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Since Im a local i selfishly dont want to tell you about this small gem. Nothing super fancy or avant garde about this place. What makes this place special is the family that owns and runs it. Dad is in the kitchen while mom and her daughters and son run the front of house. By the second time you come they'll know you and you'll love them. The food is delicious and consistent. Seafood Fra Davalo is my vice while my son and wife cant not order the linguini, clams in white sauce. Great portions with small but delicious salads and great bread. Always a great experience. Reasonably priced for Cohasset no less.

1  Thank MichaelG2