“Great Irish Pub”

Mr. Dooley's Old Irish Pub
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Cohasset
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Not many Irish pubs have authentic food but Mr. Dooley's has it plus some. I really enjoy Sunday brunch here with live Irish music and bloody mary bar (after 11 am). They give you a glass, ice, your choice of vodka and you have a choice of mixers, spices and condiments. Plenty of horse radish...YUM!
Great atmosphere and friendly service.
Although I did go one night and was very busy so the service was lacking but the food still very good.

1  Thank gscotthelms
There are newer reviews for Mr. Dooley's Old Irish Pub

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice atmosphere and friendly service. A good meet up spot for casual meal or drinks. Gets very busy at dinner hour, and by 8:30pm most of the families head home and gets slower. Meals were good pub fare and reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ate here for the first time this week. It's an Irish pub with good pub fare on the menu and a good selection of beers on tap, including Harp which is hard for me to find locally. I was with a group of 5 people and we were all happy with our meals. I had a grilled cheeseburger which was great. It's hard to find a place that makes cheeseburgers that way. They basically make a grilled cheese sandwich and stick a hamburger patty inside. I love them and this was a very good one. The place has a nice atmosphere and I wouldn't hesitate to bring a family. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The prices are reasonable; you can have dinner and a few beers for less than $20-25 a head.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Mr. Dooley's is a great place for a nice casual dinner. Nice kid's menu and terrific comfort food. Love their salmon. Cohasset has come a long way with a good variety of restaurants and Mr. Dooley's is a perfect addition.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Food was just ok. I ordered a fish sandwiche which came with french fries. I opted to pay an extra charge to substitute onion rings in place of french fries. The sandwiche was ok. Not the best I've had, not the worst. The onion rings were a big disappointment. They were the frozen type that you buy in your grocer's freezer section. My dining companion ordered fish and chips. Not bad and the chips (french fries) were much better than the onion rings. The restaurant was very chilly. I had to keep my coat on during my meal. Maybe it was because we were seated near a window and maybe it was drafty. But this should not be. It detracted from the dining experience. Service was acceptable.

1  Thank bettyjean1