“Unforgivably rude”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cohasset
Cohasset Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cohasset
Wareham, Massachusetts, United States
“Unforgivably rude”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked this room six months in advance with waterview balcony and a late checkout. We had to travel some distance and I work overnights. There was no way I was going to be safe to drive by 11 the next morning. I called on the way in and was told they would not honor a late checkout. When I said that was unacceptable I was disconnected, not one but three times. I gave my cell # the second time but there was no attempt to reestablish a connection. The front desk was unbelievably rude. I was told the slider was broken, so much for paying $30 more for the waterside and they had zero interest in compensation. I was then chastised by the head of housekeeping that they have other reservations and that's why they won't do a late checkout.. they attempted to charge my card without telling me how much. And then when I stated that was not what was quoted they claimed it was taxes which I suppose is possible. By the time I left the front desk I was humiliated, I felt belittled and totally taken advantage of. Any excitement in staying at the hotel was squashed and instead of relaxing I was more upset. Add to it a broken heat lamp, broken slider and cracked bathroom tiles, no thanks. Oh and do you think they asked how was your stay or thanks for coming on checkout, no. Just a snide comment about being the only people left in the hotel. Really? I don't need to pay over $200 a night for that kind of treatment. I'm not just disappointed, they took most of the enjoyment out of a weekend we had looked forward to for six months.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Rachelthered_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked a Harbor view 2 queen and checked in only to find the room they gave me was occupied. Good thing no one was in the room when we came. The room they gave us had 2 fulls. When I explained there were 4 of us and 2 over 6 feet she said it is the only room I haveno sorry. The rroom was outdated and the bath was reaaly old. Wifi is a joke and when I tried to plug in a charger I realized the TV, frideg and lamp were on a 99 cent extension cord. So when the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night we evacuated. It was a problem with a heat lamp, but againg no apology.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Family M

Travelers are raving about these Cohasset hotels

Lago Vista, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Cohasset Harbor Inn. It is not a full featured luxury hotel with all the bells and whistles, but very adequate and comfortable. The service was always friendly. It more than met our needs for a wedding over the Labor Day week end. Housekeeping should check to see if everything works - Hair dryers

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent 1 night here to attend my niece's wedding and I liked the hotel very much. The room was clean and comfortable and there was a patio with a very nice view of the harbor. Some reviewers felt that the room was small. It isn't huge but I certainly would not call it small. I am a MA resident so I wasn't surprised by the price. Cohasset is a very desirable location and this hotel is within a short walk of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Here for a rehersal dinner. Steam tables are where good food goes to die. The overcooked meet offering was unrecognizable. It was drowned in canned gravy to reconstitute it from being hekd too kong after being tragically overcooked. Paired with instant mashed potatoes, an overdressesd salad, and thaw and serve rolls it made for an interesting platefull. Did not try the chicken or salmon entrees which were also drowned in sauce but watched my dinner partner disinterestedly move them around her plate with a fork. Nursing home food at best.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank soogiemoogie
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

we only stayed for one night but it was very nice! we would definitely stay there again. The outdoor space and bar area are cozy and very nice. the food at the restaurant was surprisingly very very good, but mainly appetizer portions.. There was no coffee maker in the room.. I am not sure if it would have been available upon request or not, but the room didn't have one.. There were also "leftovers" from previous guests in the room in the hotel folder that should have been taken out. But overall it was a nice place to stay in.

Room Tip: I would suggest to avoid the "street view" rooms on the first floor unless being seeing by...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Inglewood, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding over 4th of July. The hotel was nice, in a small B&B way. There is no gym. The pool is small. The view of the harbor is probably the best aspect. It is a short walk down to main street where there are shops and restaurants. The reception was at the restaurant and the food was good. The free breakfast is nothing to speak of, but not many of them are. The hotel recognized that the air conditioner in the room we had was faulty. Before we even arrived, they switched us out and offered a half price rate due to now being off the bar. I appreciated their taking the initiative to get in front of the problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AdamCRobinson
CHImgr, General Manager at Cohasset Harbor Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear AdamCRobinson - Thank you for staying with us over the July 4th holiday and we're happy you enjoyed the wedding and that the guestroom you eventually stayed in was much better than the original one that you reserved. We are working on our breakfast offerings, and it is guest comments that help us determine what to add when we decide on a new menu. In the event that you stay with us in the future, we do have access to the fitness center which is directly across the street. Have a wonderful summer! Sincerely, Margot and all of the Cohasset Harbor Resort Associates
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cohasset
Nantasket Beach Resort
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland
Boston Marriott Quincy

Been to Cohasset Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!