“Memories of Great Entertainment on a Warm Summer Night”

South Shore Music Circus
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Cohasset
More attraction details
Owner description: For nearly 60 years, the South Shore Music Circus and it’s sister venue, the Cape Cod Melody Tent, have been presenting world-class entertainment in the scenic Massachusetts coastal communities of Cohasset and Hyannis. The only two continuously-operated tent theatres in the round in the United States, the Music Circus and Melody Tent are owned and operated by the South Shore Playhouse Associates, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to encouraging and supporting the arts, cultural and educational organizations throughout the communities of the South Shore and Cape Cod. With a colorful history dating back to its humble beginning in 1932 in Cohasset, Massachusetts, one interwoven with the fabric of summer theatre history on the east coast, our theatres have emerged as popular destinations for patrons and performers alike, providing a relaxed ambiance and intimate theatre experience where every seat is within 50 feet of the stage.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I guess I have had numerous occasions to visit the Music Circus. One time we had several buses that drove from Middleboro to Cohasset (quite a long drive) to see our own Middlebooro -- Scott Record performing with Perry Como. My mom met the group when we came in and we were holding seats for my family.

Now you know my mom was definitely the Perry Como era but whispered in my ear and said
"Scott's even better". She was 100% on that one! (although many others as well).

As a young adult we we were able to see top notch musicals on the round stage and now they basically have only performers. I am sure you can understand why.

But they also have a children's program in the summer once a week that seems to be a great memory for all.

My sister surprised me one year and brought me there for my birthday......it was spectacular!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Frankie Valli was gre beat. He still has it after all of these years. The back up singers were awesome. What a great show.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

If you're anything like me, you'd rather listen to music at a concert than be annoyed by college kids jumping around. This is an intimate venue that really is all about the music.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

There are about 10 rows of seating around a revolving stage. We are talking about a really intimate concert. I was blown away here by a band I have seen perhaps 20 times over 400 years. I could literally touch them.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Music Circus is a great way to see some wonderful shows & performers at a reasonable price. The locations is good, easily accessible, parking is free and well organized. There isn't a bad seat in the house, and the rotating stage makes it easy for everyone to see the Stage. Bathrooms are located conveniently and clean. More of an adult crowd for the Rock & Blues Show that I just attended. Great evening out!