“Good FOod good Service”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
washington, CT
“Good FOod good Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The whole Cohasset Inn, Atlantica, Salty House gaggle is owned by the same guy. It's for sale. This is the only one of the three establishments worth it's salt.

Visited July 2012

Los Angeles, California
“good food / beautiful location”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Outdoor dining on scenic Cohasset harbor. Food is good quality with generous portions. Wait staff is young, so service is enthusiastic but average.

• Visited July 2012
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Great way to end a summer's day!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife son and i went to the Olde Salt House on July 6, 2012. It was a beautiful, hot sunny July early evening and I can't think of a better way to end a summer's day. It's casual (but still a bit upscale) outdoor dining on the waterfront in Cohasset harbor.

I had the "John Daly" for a cocktail. I guess you could call it a South Shore version of a Long Island Ice Tea. It was cold, sweet and deceptively strong. My wife had the house Chardonnay which was fine. My son had ice water that was served with a lemon.

For entrees my wife had the Pulled Pork Quesadillas which were more corn than pulled pork which was a bit disappointing but you can't beat the scenery. My son had their $14 Hamburger platter which was fine if admittedly a bit pricey. As for me I had the $17 Fish and Chips which was delicious although I thought they over did it with the serving size of the french fries and maybe under did it with the serving size of the fish.

My son ordered the Key Lime Pie for dessert which was so good he almost was not willing to share with my wife. All in all a great, upscale, outdoor dining experience. The staff were pleasant, helpful and did not try to rush us through the meal to turn the table which we appreciated as we loved taking in the water views.

Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Interesting outdoor dinning”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The restaurant is an outdoor seating, very pleasant view of nature and harbor. service very pleasant. Food is excellent.

• Visited June 2012
Eddington, Maine
“Can not beat the setting on a beuatiful day”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stopped at the Old Salt House for lunch last weekend...beautiful sunny day, and what a spot right on Cohasset Harbor. You could not find many nicer settings that this. Food was very good (we have been before and seems you never know how it is going to be) little on the pricy side but for that atmosphere...service was ok. Looks like they have lots of tables so I am not sure how enjoyable it would be if they are full, but half full was very nice. We will visit again as we enjoy the outside dining experience.

• Visited June 2012