“Excellent!”

Zaytoon Clinton
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've been to Zaytoon twice now and both times have really enjoyed the food. The "free" soup is so delicious and the falafel is excellent. I really enjoy the unique flavors as well the presentation of the food. Even the tea is wonderful! The glassware is lovely. And the prices are very, very reasonable for what you get.

Definitely try this new gem in Clinton.

2  Thank R C

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've eaten at Zaytoon twice. The two visits were about three weeks apart. The first visit was an absolute hit. The food was great, we had a nice chat with the owners and we discussed some of the similarities between Persian food and Indian food etc.,

The falafel was fresh and tasted yummy in a wrap. The salad was fresh and on the whole I loved the experience.

The second visit fell a bit flat. It felt as though the falafels had been pre-made and put in a refrigerator. The centers were cold and they had assumed some of the smells from other things in the cooler. The salad was wilted.

I hope it was just a hiccup, I intend to visit again and check it out. I wish the family the best with this endeavor. They have done up the inside well and it is clean and inviting. Parking is on-street but plentiful most of the time. You may have to park around the block and walk but the center of Clinton is now quite nice.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Friends and I - who know our Middle Eastern food - live one town over and have been wanting to try Zaytoon for awhile. We went yesterday for lunch and were not disappointed. We ordered an assortment of food - hummus, grape leaves, falafel, meat pie, and a sampler of kubba with tabouly on the side - and each dish was done to perfection. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and efficient. Besides all that, the prices were extremely reasonable. We each got a delicious Mediterranean pastry for the road and went away well-fed and happy.

2  Thank Susan F
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Great new addition in Clinton... Next to Sunrise Boutique (great store by the way) and African gallery...

Great for affordable lunch...

Very good menu...

Nice people... Fast service... Delicious food!!!

You will not be disappointed...

Family style dining area, nothing fancy but nice painting and art...

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Zaytoon is offering Mediterranean food, by an Iraqi family that immigrated to Clinton. The flavors are different than I was used to. For example, I grew up eating falafel, but the falafel wrap has a different flavor than anything I remember. There is shwarma, kebob and lots of dishes I cannot pronounce, but I am willing to try. The flavors aren't for everyone (I didn't like the smoked "salad"), but they definitely add anothe level of unique flavors to Clinton. There are tables for dining in (and try a cup of soup), or call ahead of time and bring it back for lunch at the office.

1  Thank jgot

Been to Zaytoon Clinton? Share your experiences!