“a bit disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 27, 2013

it was convenient to the Russian Museum of Iconography. Wait staff was pleasant. Food was reasonably priced and portion size was more than enough. I had the pasta of the day which was unremarkable. My wife had the white lasagna which was less than desirable as it had too many mushrooms.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The service was terrible for my wife and I several times. I have no problem with guys pounding bud lights and watching sports, but that's not what I was expecting. One of the staff was following down drunk and arguing with other staff members. Their website proudly lists Worcester Best Chef 2013 while the Worcester Best Chef site lists the chef from Sonoma as the winner. Amazing. Real Italian? I don't even know how to respond to that lol.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We didn't plan on having lunch here, but we were in the area and saw it as we drove by. So, we circled around again because my friend had heard good things about the place, but just hadn't gotten around to trying it out. We entered, were greeted warmly, got drink orders quickly, got tasty bread and olive oil, and placed our lunch orders. Ellen, our delightful and efficient server, took excellent care of us. One of us had Tomato/Basil Spaghetti with Meatballs and one of us had the Spaghetti with Baby Clams. We were both very happy with our delicious, freshly made pasta meals. The unexpected bonus was that Ellen asked us if we had been to the Museum of Russian Icons and recommended it if we had time. She showed us the back entrance/exit and there it was, right across the street. It was a small, but very nice little museum. We really enjoyed our lunch and then the Museum, too.
We would both definitely come back to eat here.
Thanks for the tip about the museum, Ellen!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a hidden gem on High Street in Clinton. The owner is from Rome where she worked in her parents Trattoria near St. Peters. She has brought some true Italian recipes and a fine selection of Italian wines to savor in downtown Clinton. We have dined here and attended a party held here and have not been disappointed. The food is carefully prepared and brings a true Italian dining experience. The menu is divided into appetizerrs, primi (first course), secundi (second course) and desserts. Most recently we shared a mixed green salad with fried artichoke hearts, marinated red peppers and shaved parmesan. Perfet for two. Focaccia and dipping oil with garlic and pepper was moist and excellent. I had a grilled citrus sea bass $19.95 and had two large fillet pieces grilled perfectly with a mild orange sauce served with a mouth watering creamy vegetable and mushroom risotto. I have not had as great a risotto in a long time. My wife had swordfish puttanesca $13.99 that was perfectly cooked with a spicy olive flavored marinara sauce. Both were excellent. The menu is separate for each section so a full 4 course meal could be pricey but you can order what you like so it is fairly easy. Specials are available at decent prices. Even better is to get there before six, Monday to Thursday and you get two meals and a bottle of wine for $19.95.
The food is excellent, the owner will often stop by to check on you. the bar serves an honest drink and the wine list is interesting and moderately priced.
Via Alto is Multo Bene

Reviewed December 29, 2012

It's not 5 star but it's a quaint little place with great quality and inexpensive wines and a nice variety of a menu!