“Should be consistent for Lunch or Dinner”

The Munich Haus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Chicopee
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and have always had excellent food and service.
We decided to stop for a late lunch one day and it wasn't quite as good as we remember.
The service the beer the wine and the Hungarian goulash soup were all great. I had a salad with Roquefort dressing which was fantastic. The dressing and cheese are mixed at the table and it was quite generous. The main meal was another story. My husband requested sauerbraten. It was very bland dry and tasteless. The waitress did ask if he wanted another serving or something different, which looking back he should have done. I had the parmesan schnitzel which was kind of dry and the coating was greasy. The spaetzal was tasteless and greasy. It all tasted as if it was reheated from the night before instead of cooked fresh. Our server said she would tell the cook, then we never heard another word about it. Not even a sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. We'll probably go back but will be more careful about our selection. It was just disappointing after having such good experienced previously. Maybe they have a different cook at lunch time. Still, a restaurant should be consistent.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Munich House Restaurant is located in downtown Chicopee, MA. It is right on the corner overlooking the beautiful and historic Chicopee City Hall. My wife and I dined at the Munich House on a quite Tuesday evening but the traffic outside was heavy and parking was a challenge. We ended up parking on the street around the corner and up the street. They have a deck / beer garden and it looks like a very nice place to spend an afternoon or evening. But we ate inside on our visit due to the evening commute backed up at the traffic light on Center Street.

The restaurant is clean and well kept. The staff friendly and efficient and dressed in a faux German outfits. The have a large selection of beer and ours were cold and delicious. I had the German Fried Baby Pickles as an appetizer. They were German gherkin pickles, breaded and deep fried served with a mayonnaise dip. If you like pickles, this is the appetizer for you. I had the sausage sampler plate, which included a variety of their home made sausage. The sausage was clearly home made with no preservative taste or artificial colors. All were delicious as was the red cabbage, sauerkraut and spaetzle . The spaetzle was especially good being both slightly crispy and cheesy. My wife had the Veal Medallions a la “Rupprecht”. Each medallion was set in a mushroom and topped with Roquefort cheese service with spaetzle and red cabbage. The veal was cooked perfectly and was tender and flavorful. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Munich house.

I don’t know why “Lunch” is listed in the Trip Advisor’s name this restaurant; it’s a full Lunch and Dinner restaurant.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were reconnecting with old friends and needed a place to have a great meal at the same time.
Munich House delivered.
It has a great wine & beer selection.
Service was great and the food was delicious!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our vacation in the Berkshires was part of my birthday celebration. I was born and Germany and was very excited to experience a taste of the country. And it did not disappoint. The decor is dated with a bunch of fake flower, ask for a window seat or sit on the patio and it shouldn't bother you. Amazing Germany beers on tap, I loved everything I tried, my favorite was Hacker-Pschorr Weiss "Dunkel", a dark smooth wheat beer. We started with a delectable giant Bavarian pretzel with some amazing spread that had rye seed in it along with a honey mustard. And for our entree we both ordered the Bavarion platter with had all the house specialties including:Pfaelzer and Nuernberger wurstchen, Sauerbraten, Jaeger Schnitzel,
Potato Pancake, Red Cabbage, Sauerkraut, and Späetzle.(to interperate) A large Brat(amazing),2 smaller brats, veal with an outstanding mushroom sauce, the rest is a little self explanatory. This platter is alot of food,be ready. We will make the pilgrimage and time we in western MA to go to the Munich House, in Chipopee.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Every time we visit the Munich Haus it is always a great meal! The service is always good, and the atmosphere and decor create an illusion of eating in a little restaurant somewhere in Germany, instead of Chicopee. I would highly recommend this restaurant.