“Fabulous!”

Munich Haus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Chicopee
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Agawam, MA
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love this place. Quality and consistency is this place. Food is always fresh, tasty. This is our go to place. Considering we have 3 good german restaurants within a 5 mile radius, this one surely competes! I must say most of the time we eat their seafood which is always outstanding. First, they serve you homemade chips and dip which is delicious. Soups are just ok, but get their salad which consists of field greens, veggies, three tablespoons of 3 different salads; first one is a bean salad (legume) that has a sweetness to it and is one of the most delicious things i have ever tasted; next is their cucumber salad and third is their version of a coleslaw.all great, none over powering with vinegar and fresh. their dressings are all homemade and superb. hands down they have the best spaetzle. their red cabbage is delicious and again, not too vinegary. I am sensitive to vinegar and nothing here is overpowering. I usually ger broiled scallops which are always fresh and delicious and large portion. Did I mention they make their own tartar sauce? it is very delicious. Cheryl a waitress there makes their cheesecake which is a lighter version made with lady fingers and such and is delicious. There german platters are great and their pretzel crusted fish or chicken is fabulous with a light sauce accompanying it. The atmosphere is great as on the weekends they have an accordianist playing and of course their biergarten which is hopping all the time. Not too much of an extensive wine list but all wines we have had are good. beer is fabulous and if you are looking for a buffet that most likely includes a beer, this is the place. They have really worked hard to bring this place to its current status and it keeps getting better and better. The only complaint i have is that one time we went here for a mothers day brunch and it was so tight elbow to elbow and you served yourself but a 18% gratuity was added for someone to get you some orange juice and that was just ridiculous. I am pleased with this place and their great quality of food and i look forward to the different types of festivities they have throughout the year. They really capitalize on the food and fun closely resembling the true german way.

1 Thank Julsofthenile

Southwick, Massachusetts
“Visit Bavaria without leaving the Pioneer Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just ate at the Munich Haus German Restaurant. Started off with the homemade potato chips and some kind of dipping sauce. Hubby and I each had a beer...I got the one featured on the menu. It was very tasty, I drank the whole thing (small) and I do not generally like beer, but this was very good. Our waitress was a delight! Loved how the waitstaff is dressed in German outfits. Hubby had the Holstein schnitzel and I had the raspberry chicken. We both brought half of our dinners home for lunch tomorrow. Then a gentleman began playing the accordion and that finished off a lovely dining experience. The restaurant has a small parking lot behind it but do not worry as there is plenty of free on street parking. They even offer alfresco dining but I wanted the full atmosphere and loved the German decor. Looking forward to my next dining experience there.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had a wonderful evening in the bier garten, we attended the lobsterfest and had a relaxing,enjoyable evening. Plenty of room, great food, good german music, nice atmosphere, fresh air all combined it was well worth experiencing. Hope to go again!!!

Orlando
“Visually enticing but didn't fully deliver on expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visited for lunch. Appetizer of clam roll, goulash soup and crab cakes. Goulash soup was hearty and filling spicy but very salty. Crab cakes appetizer portion were sized accordingly but filling was disappointing. My friend enjoyed his schnitzel and spaetzle. Service was slow but the hostess explained we coincided with a large party. Soft drinks are $2 for a small 12oz glass and I was charged for my refills adding $6 to the total check.

• Visited July 2013
Springfield, Massachusetts
“needs better sevice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I went to the Munich Haus Biergarten. Actually a little disappointed. Service was terrible and slow, ordered drinks Beer was fine but couldn't get a mixed drink. Later the hostess said she would go to the bar and get one. That took one half hour. The appetizer was a pretzel and fried pickles they were fair at best.The homemade chips and dip, did not have much flavor and the dip was ordinary . No ever came back to check on us, had to ask for a second beer even that took over fifteen minutes. Service sucked.

• Visited July 2013