“Looking for great Food?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bernie's Dining Depot

Bernie's Dining Depot
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Chicopee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicopee, Massachusetts, United States
“Looking for great Food?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My friend and i brought our kids here. We had heard great things from others and wanted to try it. Had the look and feel of being on a train which was different. Try the fillet mingon!!!!!! Try any Steak!!! Try the Fish!!! Does'nt matter what you order its ALL great. They're doing it right

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Laurie G

Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
“Bernie's Dining Depot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

You cannot beat this place for the amount of food you get at the fair price. Some foods are your basic fare, but one gets a fair amount, perhaps way to much. The beef plates are tops, as are the clams, and fish plates. Place is nice, staff moves along nicely and no one seems to get a bad meal. Expect to take leftovers home, especially from the beef meals. One has to try it once, many return repeatedly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hank505
Springfield, Massachusetts
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Son and I went for diner this wekend This is the best restaurant in the Springfield area I can't say eough about the food top shelf

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank David W
Rochester
“Dinner together in a Dinning car on a train”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

It almost felt like we were really on a train! There was even an earthquake, but we didn't know about it until we returned to our hotel :) Our meal was terrific & the service was excellent.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rose Ann G
“The owner is extremely rude; quantity over quality food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My boyfriend lives in the area and has raved about their prime rib so we went for lunch one Saturday. He got the prime rib which, by itself, takes up a dinner plate. I opted for the swordfish. When our food came, his steak was cooked as requested and very good. My baked swordfish was over-baked. I took another bite to make sure as I am not one to send food back (being a diner, I didn't care that the green beans were from a can, rice was the Knorr side dish packaged kind). When the waitress came back, I quietly and apologetically sent it back explaining it was overcooked/dry (if you've ever eaten white tuna, plain, from a can, it was that dry but I was being polite). A few minutes later this older woman comes to the table, backs up a foot or so and loudly asks if I sent my food back (full restaurant, attention now focused on us). I explained that the swordfish was dry, probably cooked too long. She said, "well the Cooks tried it and confirmed that it isn't." Caught off guard and feeling like I needed to defend myself, I said that I order swordfish often and know the difference. She said, "well you're wrong but order something else if you prefer", all loudly as she walked away. At that point I asked the waitress to cancel what I ordered in place if it and asked for the check (and yes, I let him finish his steak). Although the portions are huge and prices cheap, I have been told by locals the steak is the only good piece of food worth ordering.

As others have complained about here, the carpet is old and place could really use an update and good scrubbing. Sadly, the condition of the place, the out of the can/packaged sides, or even the over-cooked swordfish would not have stopped me from going back as I would have gone back for the prime rib alone. It was only the behavior of the owner that was the deciding factor. We will not be going back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles