“The only place to stay in the Chicopee area”

Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chicopee
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I travel often on business (twice each month) to Chicopee and had been staying at another property. When this property opened I decided to try this hotel. This is now the only hotel I will stay in this area.

1. The staff is incredible. I have interacted with the staff on all three shifts and they are extraordinary-- on par with the Four Seasons for customer service. For example, on my second day here there was a huge thunderstorm. I didn't have an umbrella and I didn't want to arrive to my meeting wet. The hotel had just opened and they didn't have umbrellas. Instead, one of the staff ran out to his car to loan me his own umbrella. The customer service is absolutely like this every single day.

2. It is centrally located right off the Mass Pike and close to shops (Walmart and supermarkets.)

3. The beds are super comfortable.

4. The rooms (studio) are well appointed with a kitchen, living room and sleeping area. The desk has plenty of room to spread out and work. The couch is comfortable and the bed is incredibly comfortable.

5. The bathroom is great. Lots of space on the vanity. Ask for a room with a glass shower door rather than a shower curtain if you don't need a tub. I've had both but I prefer the shower door.

6. Breakfast is wonderful and free. Waffles, eggs, coffee, yogurt, bagels. . .Starting at 6, it's a good start to the day. The kitchen team is friendly and they always make sure the food items are refilled quickly.

7. Monday through Thursday is social hour. Beer and wine along with warm snacks (or a very light dinner) is provided.

8. The pool and whirlpool are fantastic and clean. On a rainy day, it's great going for a swim and watching the rain through the huge windows.

9. The firepit is fantastic. I have spent many evenings making new friends around the firepit. Stay here just for the firepit.

10. Internet and parking are included.

I have traveled almost a million miles and my choice of hotel is always the Four Seasons and while this is a different level of hotel, the customer service, the amenities and the cleanliness make me feel as if I am taken care of just as well as the FS.

I highly recommend the Residence Inn in Chicopee, MA. If you are looking for a hotel that is homey and where you will be taken care of while being close to everything, this is the perfect choice.

Room Tip: If you like morning sun, choose an upper floor room facing east.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HershalBK, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your compliments on our facility, I truly am blessed with a great staff and a great hotel and to have wonderful guests like yourself stay with us makes all the difference in the world. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Visiting family members stayed here recently, and the rooms are nice - the facility is great, from pool to lobby and bball court. Breakfast is quite the spread and the staff seemed really nice. That said, the location was really, really high traffic in heavy commercial area. For anyone coming to enjoy traditional New England - it's not possible from this location, so 1/2 + travel will be key. Also, if you're hoping for a nice setting to walk around or run, not here either. For the cost, there are plenty of other options a bit more off the beaten path. If you prefer heavy commercial location for your trip though (i.e. lots of chain restaurants, gas stations and stores), then this will be perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
BK_Investments, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank for your feedback on your stay with our hotel. We have a brand new beautiful facility which is located right off of the Mass Pike at exit 5, we are located around several restaurants and shops and offer several great amenities during your stay. There are several places in the area for the New England appeal, our front desk staff is always available to help with finding great places to visit in the area while staying with us.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying overnight and we were thoroughly impressed. The rooms were modern, stylish and comfortable. Breakfast was great. The staff was professional and quite accommodating. We would be very happy staying here whenever our travels bring us to the area. Wow!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words on our brand new hotel, we have a great team at our facility and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel is brand new so everything is clean, staff were friendly, there's a fire pit with comfortable seating outside, an indoor pool (which I did not use) and it's convenient with a shopping center across the street and easy access to the highway. There is a decent breakfast included with your stay. The only issue I had was that breakfast wasn't replenished very quickly and if they ran out close to the 10 a.m. cut off, it wasn't replenished at all. That's significant if you are planning that you can get a meal at the hotel and don't have enough time to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with our brand new hotel . The staff and management work really hard everyday to make sure that we are able to accommodate everyone's needs at our facility, thank you for your feedback so we can use this to make our hotel the best place to stay in the Pioneer Valley!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

WOW! This brand new hotel is absolutely fantastic! The price was extremely reasonable and the location was within walking distance to several places to eat. There was a Starbucks down the block for the early morning cup of coffee before hitting the road again!

The room was beautifully decorated and totally functional. We had a mini kitchen that came complete with a full-size fridge, DISHWASHER, cook top and all sorts of kitchen goodies.

The staff was incredibly friendly and we felt super comfortable. We didn't want to leave. But seriously, I wish I could have an apartment that nice!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us! We are very excited to have such a beautiful brand new hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with our facility.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stay here for a week when we were in the area for a funeral and were treated like royalty. It was a very emotional week and after going to the family viewing there were flowers and a card in our room. I can't tell you how much it meant to us.

Room Tip: It's outside of Springfield but a short ride t\anywhere in the area. Plenty of restaurants and a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your stay with us, the staff really takes pride in our brand new hotel and truly cares about our guest and I am happy that we were able to add a little comfort during your stay with us.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was open for week & you could tell. The staff were super friendly & the hotel was in pristine condition. The pool area is great with handrails & real stairs to enter both the pool & hot tub. Also has handicap lifts for both areas. There is an enclosed basket ball hoop area & fire pit area with grill. We had a suite with center sitting room & kitchen & full bed & baths on opposite sides. The sink area is outside the bath & toilet area. I especially liked the shelves in the sink area where you could put your cosmetic case etc instead of having them sit on the wet sink area. The beds very comfortable. Liked that the bedspread is light & is something they can throw in the wash after every customer. Don't know if they do, but I see no reason why they wouldn't. Whoever decorated & planned this hotel, did an excellent job.
Would love to stay here again.
Only thing I did not like, was that they permit pets. Not a fan of an animal on my bed etc.
I also do not understand why hotels don't have a nightlight in the bathroom.
Good job Marriott

Room Tip: If with your family , the suite is great. Full kitchen , 3 tvs, 2 full baths. Good location. Plenty...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HershalBK, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Welcome to our brand new beautiful facility and thank you for being one of the first guests to try out our hotel. I have a great hard working staff that has really taken a lot of pride in the hotel so thank you for complimenting us on that. Also, thank you for the feedback and for the suggestions on making our hotel better. I look forward in meeting you the next time you are in Chicopee.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicopee
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Holyoke
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee? Share your experiences!