“Customer service is terrible”

Motel 6 Springfield - Chicopee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chicopee
Boston
“Customer service is terrible”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

FIRST ; be nice to the "receptionist " they have BAD attitudes if they don't like you !
SECOND: make sure you have protection on you at all times from the ghetto crowd they attract!
THIRD; bring candles to the room .(it's smells like crap! Even the non smoking rooms)

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mailing16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ossipee, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Pillows that were more like trash bags filled with air. A hard, creeky, old mattress that left me wishing I slept in my car. A bathroom door that had a patched over fist hole and was broken in half. A bathroom that was smaller than one on a submarine, and completely dirty to boot. Will never stay here again.

Oh... forgot the gun shots around 3am...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ianscape

Travelers are raving about these Chicopee hotels

Mexico, Maine
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was probably one of the worst motel experiences I've ever had. When checking in at the office at the beginning, there were a bunch of flies flying around and the girl was behind glass. Once we had our room key, we drove to the area that our room was, being watched by the other motel customers who seemed to be just hanging outside their rooms. As we brought our stuff up to the room, we were still being watched by people. Very sketchy. As for the room, the beds were hard and there was no soap or shampoo, which was very disappointing considering it's needed to wash hands with.... The TV was tiny, there was no remote and the volume button on the TV did not work. At one point during the night, someone tried to enter our room. They pounded on the door and tried turning the knob. Very scary. I will not be staying here, or any Motel 6, ever again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ashley D
Jeffersonville, Vermont
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It's a really average Motel 6. So that ain't saying much.
Pretty old and dirty.
Front desk girl was very friendly and efficient though, one of the brighter parts of our stay.
I'd recommend it for those who are not picky and can look past the old rooms for a cheap nights stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, NH
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I needed an inexpensive place to stop for a few hours' sleep on a long road trip. This was just the place. I didn't get in until 3am, and the guy at the front desk was very nice, helpful, and got me checked in very quickly. Safe, quiet, and comfortable, and a location that was very fast to get on and off the highway. It suited my needs perfectly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank coaster8
Nearby Boston
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for a saturday night in July, it was the only place close by that had an available room, as there was some huge antique fair in town and there weren't any rooms at the other hotels to be had.
The front desk clerk was polite and helpful, room was very clean, bed was marginally comfortable, TV worked ok, we got a non-smoking room (and no it didn't smell like smoke), we didn't use the pool so I can't speak to that.
On the whole we had a pleasant stay with no issues, so yes I"ll give this Motel 6 five stars, remember it's a Motel 6... not The Crowne Plaza, or the Hilton, it's a Motel 6, and they came thru on everything they promised.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MONSON
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Do yourself a real favor and stay at the Plantation Inn just down the street. With my AAA discount (which this Motel 6 didn't offer) the room cost was virtually the same. It's not the Hilton but it's big, clean & modern with 24 hour security and free coffee & danish in the morning in the lobby. Very pleasant personel at check in and plenty of well lit parking as well.
At this Motel 6 I had reserved and PAID for a room at 3:00 pm for my daughter as I was doing work on the house and she needed a place to stay for 2 days. She arrived to check in at 8:30 pm only to be turned away because she is "only" 20 years old and was informed the "house policy" is no one under 21 years old can check in. WOW - what a great time to find this out and leave me scrambling to make alternate arrangements!! They should have made this policy known when I went to PAY. She can vote, join the military and be sent into a war zone but can't stay at the Motel 6?? I had to make two 20 mile round trips - once to pay and then again to get my refund.
When I went to get the refund I realized that this was not a place I wanted her to stay anyway. It was dark and there were sketchy looking people milling around the parking lot and standing outside their doorways. Women were walking to and from the local truck stop - read between the lines on that one.
They did us a favor when they turned her away. While inconvenient she was able to get much better accomodations at the Plantation Inn and I didn't have to worry about her.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GIDGMIDG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicopee
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Ludlow
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North

Been to Motel 6 Springfield - Chicopee? Share your experiences!