“Very good in a pinch”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Got to the restaurant 10 minutes before the kitchen closed. No one was here except for one person at the bar. The red sox game was on and they accommodated us by putting on the presidential debate. Wine list adequate. We ordered a rack of ribs and an extra salad. The fries were good- not very hot but not greasy. The ribs were delicious, especially when they brought us some extra sauce. The salad was lettuce, some onion and 2 cherry tomatoes- adequate but nothing more. The service was good... Watching the waitstaff critique the debate was priceless. Bill was $40. Not bad for Boston, but overpriced for what we had.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Why don't they serve beef tips in my hometown? Floramo's are a bit of heaven on earth.
Our first visit was for lunch and the baked fish is fantastic! Two big pieces of fish, potato, and corn for about $9!
The only criticism is minor. How about a green vegetable instead of the starchy corn on the cob for a veggie?
A huge, delicious griiled chicken salad is a filling meal.
Very reasonably priced, too. Any restaurant like this one, that's been a success for more than 30 years is doing it right.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Ok - it's not exactly 5th ave NY but I was in on a business trip and got to the nearby hotel at 7:30 pm and just wanted a good meal that wasn't going to break the bank.
Restaurant is a little old - could use some upgrading but decided to give it a shot - very glad I did. Sat down and asked the waiter what they are nown for - what should I order - without hesitation he said the sirloin tips. Marinated overnight (so I was told) and cooked over open flame grill, they were DELICIOUS - best I ever had. I will be back and order them again!
Have the tips - you will not be disappointed. Service was ok and my salad was good too! Generous portion - plenty filling!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was the best food we had on our trip. The Steak & Lamb that I had was seasoned to perfection...very tender. My wife and daughter's meals were great too, they said.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at a hotel right next door to Floramo's and thought it would be convenient to just walk over to eat dinner. It was nothing to write home about. They didn't have the steak size that we wanted to order, so we were forced to get a bigger one that was more expensive. The meat was undercooked. The service was just ok. We will not be returning.