“Disapppointed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Idaho
“Disapppointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Although I reserved a one bedroom suite for 3 people, when we arrived we were told they had to downgrade us to a studio because all their rooms were booked. That tells me it doesn't matter what you book and pay for in advance, they will give you whatever they have when you arrive. The manager gave us extra Marriott points because we did not get the room we reserved and the one they gave us wasn't ready when we got there at 8 pm. They charged me less since the studio cost less. The room itself was nice - best for just one or two people, or maybe 2 with a child though because the couch area is very small and leaves just walking space once the sofa is made up. Location is not so good for restaurants or walking, but it is easy to get to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelersIdaho
louis w, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for your inconvenience and acknowledge our error with the reservation. We invite you back to see us again. I know we can do a better job for you. We appreciate our loyal Marriott guests and we understand we must fulfill your expectations every time. Have a great fall season and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was really happy with my stay at this property. The airport shuttle was fast and efficient and the drivers were very friendly. The staff really seemed like they wanted to be there which made a huge difference. The rooms were clean, comfortable, modern, and quiet. The breakfast was fresh and delicious. I will be back,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TechMarauder
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

When disappointed by the Boston area hotel that I had originally booked I went online and booked a room without knowing the name of the hotel upfront. I grew up in Boston, so I knew that Chelsea is not considered to be a good location. When I arrived at the hotel on the complimentary shuttle I immediately noticed the modern, attractive building as well as avery attractive lobby in an older neighborhood. The front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating. My room was great. It included a full kitchen including cooktop, microwave, full size refrigerator, dish washer, toaster, coffee maker, dishes, cutlery, etc. etc. The larger room included an L shaped sleeper sofa, work desk, king bed, and large work desk. All of this was very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The hotel provides complimentary buffet breakfast (standard Marriott fare) and manager's reception on weeknights. They will even go grocery shopping for you and charge it to your room, if you provide a shopping list. The hotel has a full list of amenities in addition to the above. While enjoying the included breakfast, the hotel manager visits you to make sure your needs are being met. This hotel has a 3 star rating, but the service matches or exceeds the service in many 5 star hotels where I have stayed. There is also a shopping center and good restaurants within walking distance. I would without hesitation recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Boston area, who does not require a fancy in town location.

Room Tip: Hotel has swimming pool and fitness center, but I did not use so I can not rate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Service is extremely efficient and friendly. check-in took about 2 minutes. I asked for a good delivery place and they immediately provided a recommendation and menu.

rooms are very cool. plenty large, very nicely decorated, and extremely clean. Bathroom are large and spacious with very nice decor. Hallways were even VERY inviting with nice lighting.

Great hotel and free airport shuttle!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shawn H
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

It's a little off the beaten track and there is some construction in the area with early morning noise, but if you can put up with these minor inconveniences this place is good value for money. It is clean and modern, the staff is very friendly and the complimentary breakfast is good. There is a shuttle to the metro station at the airport, about a 7-8 minute ride, and then it is a short trip into downtown Boston. Recommend it for your visit to Boston.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed just two nights here. When we got to the hotel, the front desk lady was very nice and actually let us check in hours early. This was amazing with a child that really needed a nap.

Hotel is very clean and very new. Elevator was sharp looking. We had some sort of floor dryer outside our room for a while that was noisy but really didn't bother me too bad (I have a 1.5 year old that was more noisy :).

The area is not the greatest. Just a lot of construction around but didn't bother us much. Airport was very close and I love airplanes so to me it was great to see and hear them all day. Some might not like that but night time wasn't bad at all for noise.

I would stay there again for sure. The price was awesome and the room was big and better then some apartments. Gld we chose to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013
Sans Souci, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past six weeks.Each time our room had a full kitchen which was suitable for evening meals to save on the budget. On a couple of nights a week the hotel has a 'free' theme basic meal, which we used twice. Breakfast is included in your booking which also saves money. Every 45 minutes there is a free shuttle to Logan Airport or the local railway station & will also pick you up from each location on a phone call to the hotel. The trains are frequent, about every five minutes & it takes only minutes to the Boston city. A very large supermarket is located about 400 metres away which is an easy walk.Friendly staff at the front office & organised friendly drivers on the shuttles makes this hotel ideal for visiting Boston

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidu2219
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!