“A Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong, China
“A Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was a bit worry about the neighhood of this hotel as mentioned by previous reviews, however, since I would drive on my own during my stay in Boston, I decided to try this hotel with a reasonable price by "advance payment" from its official webpage.

During my two days stay in this premises, we are very satisfied and happy that we had stayed here.

1. The hotel is clean, new and nicley furnished;
2. Spacious room with full kitchen and comfy beddings;
3. Free parking and only 15 to 20 mins ride to city centre and other hot tourist spots;
4. High quality breakfast which offers great variety of choices.

Though I can't comment whether this hotel is convenient if you rely on public transport, I'd say overall its quality exceeds our expectations and the hotel's ranking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Dubuque, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pay no attention to the name of this property, it is NOT an airport hotel. If you stay here, plan on long shuttle rides to the train and a very disorganized desk/shuttle system. The hotel is located in a seedy neighborhood with no restaurants or bars anywhere close. there is nothing here but another hotel.

The desk staff is friendly when things are working well, but "I'm sorry" is not part of their customer service vocabularly when things are not.

The property is only 11 months old, but our carpet is poorly worn. The room to room noise is not up to Residence Inn standards. It is very noisy.

There are other properties much closer to the airport and train system. I will rent them next time and spend my time in Boston enjoying Boston instead of waiting for and riding on this shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Woodindbq
louis w, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I understand from your remarks we could have done a better job with the shuttle service which would have made your stay more pleasant. We have added to our van schedule to do this and I'm pleased to say its worked well for other guests. Many use our location to go into town for sporting events or to tour the city so its important our service works well. Boston is only a couple miles from the hotel by car and the public tranist can save guests the cost of parking a car or from having to rent one during their stay. I suggest that guests check with the desk for local options for dining and shopping. We have a mini mall and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and we have this informatin handy for everyone.

Try is again. I know we can fulfil your travelign needs.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks back in May '13 and was very impressed. This was the nicest hotel by far that I have stayed at in my traveling the country the last 2 yrs. This includes Residence Inn,Homewood Suites,Staybridge,Candlewood,Hampton Inn,Fairfield Inn,etc. I stay at alot of Residence Inn because of the full kitchens they have. I was within 3 miles of restuarants,target, and right by the busiest grocery store I have ever been in. They had 39 registers going. I will definitely stay here again when I work the Boston area. A++++ Experience here. Jason

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!! we had never been to Boston and this hotel was 2 months old when we made reservations. We were greeted with warm smiles everyday, helpful information and a spacious room. The rooms are like suites... with a big enough shower to enjoy it and nice beds.. a sitting area and a small kitchen with a refrigerator. The Manager " JAY" helped us with understanding the Boston map and where we wanted to go and what areas we should stay away from. HE was AMAZING!!! the breakfast every morning was very good.
WE truly enjoyed our 4 days and 3 nights there. it is just on the out skirts of downtown BOSTON... but, honesty only 10 minutes on the train from everything unless you are going to Finway... then maybe 15 to 20 min.
I now will go to a Residence hotel over any other because of this one..
Thanks to an amazing staff and the way the hotel is so much more than just a room and a bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Hotel is less than a year old. The room was great, a nice kitchen, wonderful shower. The front desk staff were really helpful and friendly. I agree with the other reports about the neighborhood. We talked about going into Boston for dinner but tried to find a local place-not much to choose from. There is a large mall a few blocks away with standard fare food places.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A i Lofoten, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a very good hotel if you have an early morning flight to catch, as we did. The shuttle is free and goes every 40 minutes. You can also use it to get to the Airport station on the T which would allow you to get into Boston, or to get to the Airport terminals to catch the Silver Line buses into the city.

We had a somewhat negative experience when we decided to go into the City to see the Fourth of July fireworks before our flight out the next day. Firstly, our driver just would not stop talking to another driver - he could clearly see that there were four of us waiting for the 8pm shuttle, but because of his talking we didn't leave the hotel until almost 10 mins later. As tourists, we also did not know that the Airport T station is quite a distance away from the Airport terminals. As we had no luggage, we probably assumed we wanted the T station, but the driver never sought to clarify. As a result, we found ourselves in the T station and had to wait for another shuttle (organised by the airport) to get us to the terminals themselves. The delays meant we missed the sunset in the city. It would be useful for him to check clearly with guests exactly where they need to be in the future. However, our ride to the airport next day went perfectly smoothly and our driver, a different gentleman, was extremely helpful and friendly.

In terms of the hotel itself, all very positive - everything is beautiful, modern and new. You get a lot of space in the room and there is a separate living and kitchen area which would be useful for some. Breakfast and dinner were included in our rate - we didn't get to use the breakfast due to the early flight, but dinner (meat loaf, mac and cheese and salads) was of reasonably good quality. Service was great - staff were friendly and very helpful, notwithstanding the minor incident above.

The area is not great as others have mentioned, and it's not the easiest to get into the city, so I would rate it as a 5 for an airport hotel, and a 3 for a regular hotel, hence a score of 4 on average.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that are close to some REALLY noisy vents - avoid those! The staff member who c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood, not a place you want to walk around. I stayed there one night because I had a 7am flight the next morning. Inside the hotel, this is the nicest Residence Inn that I have stayed at (and the most expensive too), very new, very clean and very modern furnishing other than the rental apartment kitchen appliances that are standard in a Residence Inn. If you just ignore the kitchen area which I have no need for anyway, the room is actually nicer than some of the 5 star hotels that I have stayed at. The other nice thing about this hotel is that it has a bar and restaurant on site which is unusual for a Residence Inn. This is a great place to stay for a night before an early morning flight, other than that, there are many better options in the city or the suburbs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Huskies92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Seaport Boston Hotel
Seaport Boston Hotel
#2 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,442 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!